Cat & Civils Together

9 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
Hi puys! I am a bit confused at this moment.... i hope you guys here can help me out. How difficult is it to prepare for civils and cat together? has any of you attempted this? is it like sailing on two boats together? plz help .... ...
Page 1 of 1

But why both of 'em dear?Isn't there some direction you'd like to pursue rather than going lock stock n barrel and trying hit all the targets in the dark...My advise chuck these both things give a shot with your job and try to analyse which one is something you'd like to see yourself as....
A Babu(please I'll have lots of Bias):Who has next to no incentive to outperform... considering you are an IITian you'd grow quicker than others so why even think of a place where promotion depends only on your seniority
A middle level Manager...with loads of work and 0900~2100Hrs regime but everyday would be new and chalaneging(mid level is for me for you the sky is just a phase nothing is the limit)

But don't go for both of 'em theres this IIMc alumni who after his PGDBM went for IPS...Bhattacharya.....google this out.....
BUT both the things are manageable considering both have long breaks between their Stages(CAT + PI; Civils 2 Tiered)

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Thanks a lot puys for replying ! My only worries are that i might screw up both in the process ...could i take some intelligently chosen electives? something that would overlap in both.Maths is one thing that ppl say one should never opt for.. is it true? how bout economics? is it difficult for a guy with an engg background to cope up?

All confused.Isn't there anybody on this board who has tried juggling both?

U can take up Maths only if you are confident of scoring more than 90+ in the paper...Though it is hard but remeber it is scoring also.
Many people take history as one of the optional as you have to prepare it for screening.

I would advice you to take uo subjects which you really like & are confident of doing well.

Pal...ultimately it comes down to you....If you want to serve the country & make a difference go for IAS, if you think MBA is what you are looking for than try for CAT...
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

IAS has 2 stages, requires indepth knowledge of 2 subjects apart from general awareness. only common thing is general awareness, else IAS requires a harder and longer grind. dont attempt for both, u will loose both. keep your focus str8 in to one. finally u have to decide what u want to be. age limit is 30 yrs in ias. process takes 1.5 yrs to complete. there are allied services like ips, irs etc just like xlri, mdi to iim a,b. take a call for one.

Thanks a lot puys for replying ! My only worries are that i might screw up both in the process ...could i take some intelligently chosen electives? something that would overlap in both.Maths is one thing that ppl say one should never opt for.. is it true? how bout economics? is it difficult for a guy with an engg background to cope up?

All confused.Isn't there anybody on this board who has tried juggling both?

There r more ias ppl who wnna bcome managers then aadmins due to fast growth and more buck or to satiate their aptitude
so if u wanna serve for contry dont wanna follow money n fame go 4 ias otherwise MBA
B confident nothing is impposible
there r many moments in future u have to take dicision tougher than this so resolve it todate make 1 firm decision

Pal there is money & fame in IAS as well.If you get through IAS its equivalent to MBA from IIMs.....IAS is much tougher than CAT
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
There r more ias ppl who wnna bcome managers then aadmins due to fast growth and more buck or to satiate their aptitude
so if u wanna serve for contry dont wanna follow money n fame go 4 ias otherwise MBA
B confident nothing is impposible
there r many moments in future u have to take dicision tougher than this so resolve it todate make 1 firm decision
Hi puys!

I am a bit confused at this moment.... i hope you guys here can help me out.
How difficult is it to prepare for civils and cat together? has any of you attempted this? is it like sailing on two boats together?

plz help ....

thanks
sunmay

Its very tough but isnt impossible.....U can say CAT is a subset is IAS as english & quant both are part of IAS...Its not impossible but you really got to slog!!

hi dude i also thought of the same thing but practically they both r not possible.ias requires u to study at least 1o hours daliy,after that can u study for cat.i mean u could say its possible but my suggestion to u would be that choose which ever u want to do and then concentrate on it.hope that helps u

Hi puys!

I am a bit confused at this moment.... i hope you guys here can help me out.
How difficult is it to prepare for civils and cat together? has any of you attempted this? is it like sailing on two boats together?

plz help ....

thanks
sunmay