CAT Application status : Name misspelt

4 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi guys I'd mailed my CAT app form to IIMA (physical app form) from Bombay, when i checked the website, it said " Your appl has been recieved n found complete",however to my utter shock my name had been spelt incorrectly on the page.An additional ...
Page 1 of 1

thanks for the replies folks really appreciate it. Well I'd mailed IIMA on 1st Oct itself had also faxed them a letter indicating my prob on 2nd Oct and called them up today ie on 3rd oct, still havent got any e-mail reply from the admissions office,hope they will oblige me soon ??:

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi guys I'd mailed my CAT app form to IIMA (physical app form) from Bombay, when i checked the website, it said " Your appl has been recieved n found complete",however to my utter shock my name had been spelt incorrectly on the page.An additional 'x' has been appended at the end of my father's name.However I'd made no mistake in filling up the CAT application form.

Called up the IIMA admissions ofice today(extremely arrogant an uncooperative pple),they said since form has been accepted i cant fill up a fresh form.Also that nothing can be done now to change any details on the CAT form.However I was told that i may take CAT n during the test i shud mark my CORRECT name on the CAT answer sheet,this they claim is an opportunity to change the details in my registration(now how wierd is that :wow: ).They also claim this is not a major problem and shud not cause any problems in the future. I'm still quite tensed,is any1 here facing such a prob in CAT 06 or had faced such a prob before,if so please post your feedback here

Thanks

PS: I have a photocopy of my filled up CAF n I've made no errors watsoeva in filling up the name field in the form

Y dnt u mail them... and get a reply from them saying the same thing that the y told u in ur telephonic conversation...
That way u wud hv some solid proof... for the future...
Also as they hv accepeted ur form... u can relax and concentrate on ur preps... i dont think this name issue is a big issue... and I m sure it willl get resolved, shud the need arise... :)
But yeah.. do mail to the IIM-A ppl...
ATB...
Hi guys I'd mailed my CAT app form to IIMA (physical app form) from Bombay, when i checked the website, it said " Your appl has been recieved n found complete",however to my utter shock my name had been spelt incorrectly on the page.An additional 'x' has been appended at the end of my father's name.However I'd made no mistake in filling up the CAT application form.

Called up the IIMA admissions ofice today(extremely arrogant an uncooperative pple),they said since form has been accepted i cant fill up a fresh form.Also that nothing can be done now to change any details on the CAT form.However I was told that i may take CAT n during the test i shud mark my CORRECT name on the CAT answer sheet,this they claim is an opportunity to change the details in my registration(now how wierd is that :wow: ).They also claim this is not a major problem and shud not cause any problems in the future. I'm still quite tensed,is any1 here facing such a prob in CAT 06 or had faced such a prob before,if so please post your feedback here

Thanks

PS: I have a photocopy of my filled up CAF n I've made no errors watsoeva in filling up the name field in the form

Buddy I think this is not a major cause for concern.

This is only electronic data. Who knows the name might be correctly spelt in your form's hardcopy.

And you know what. Ppl like me do not even know for sure how our name has been spelt, so unresponsive is the IIML site. i only know that my form has been accepted..but details are unknown to me.

So my suggestion is just chill....just try calling them again...if they respond, very good; if they do not....dont worry and go ahead and write our paper.

ATB

Thanks