IIM Calcutta Admission 2018-20 | Fees, Cut Off, Placements

363 Posts  ·  1,594 Users
About this group

Dear aspirants, Congratulations on getting the prestigious IIM Calcutta WAT-Interview shortlist!

The External Relations Cell of IIM Calcutta has launched this initiative to help you with any queries regarding the admission process. All updates regarding the admission process will be posted here. We will also launch a facebook group for the call getters shortly.

https://www.iimcal.ac.in/

Here is IIM Calcutta's Admission Policy for the 55th Batch of the 2 year Post-Graduate Programme in Management- https://www.iimcal.ac.in/programs/pgp/admission/admission-policy/admission-procedure-for-domestic-candidates

Page 1 of 37

Hey there!!!! My profile is as follows:-

10-88 12-68 Btech-80 Fresher

GEM 

Can any one of you tell me how much I need in CAT-2020 to get a call from IIM-C.

I am lacking by 9 points in the academic part as for class 12 I'm getting 6/15 and not getting the gender diversity points.

Please help

2 comments
Cat2018isScary
@Cat2018isScaryIIM Calcutta  ·  1,022 karma

There was a guy named Atul Gandhi who had similar acads as you in class 12. He scored 99.9+ each time in CAT and he never got a C call.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Cat2018isScary
@Cat2018isScaryIIM Calcutta  ·  1,022 karma

He did get A and FMS calls but couldn't convert them and eventually went for a MS. I'm afraid that you wouldn't be getting a C call either.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I'm going to talk about my journey at IIM Calcutta. In the light of the boys locker room incident, I'm reminded yet again of the time I spent in Joka which was literally the boys locker room - hell.

There are two types of women who are allowed to peacefully exist in Joka - the ones who act too innocent and ignore the shit and the ones who act too dumb and accept the shit in hopes of some favours and general acceptance by men.

The third kind, the ones who rebel, the ones who refused to be defined by their categories are called insane, characterless, and everything else you can imagine.

When a CEMS student Munish Jindal from IIM Calcutta molests another student abroad, he gets away with the vaguest apology mail ever. When a video of a girl while she is taking a bath in the LVH hostel is made, the authority puts in more CCTV cameras which record directly into the girls' rooms, probably because the incident wasn't creepy enough.

When a girl is harassed on her internship, the placereps make her run around for weeks before they verify her internship points.

When Ashit Pawar molested a girl at a section party, he got away with a apology mail that said they were just holding hands, whereas people said he was coerced because the girl was insane and just changing her mind the next day!

When Sh******h D***i raped a girl who was under sedatives in her own room, the administration says it is a personal matter and no one is punished.

When a faculty professor Sahadeb Sarkar regularly harasses two female workers until they complain, the female director Anju Seth says "we have to stand by our faculty we can't let the workers mobilize against us" and fires them.

What your seniors truly mean when they say "Joka culture" is essentially rape culture.

Every party is basically an event orchestrated to get girls drunk, so that one person can get a particular girl alone hit on her make out and probably do all else depending on how drunk she is. But they're smart, because these parties will be packaged as opportunities to network, make friends, meet seniors/juniors and just let out steam. But there's always an agenda.

The men of Joka will support each other even when they know what their friends have done. As will many women. Because that is what Joka teaches you. We leave no one behind, especially not the molesters!  https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-life-at-IIM-Calcutta/answers/213774720 

1 comment
pagalguy
@pagalguyAdminPGHQ  ·  68,467 karma

@AshitaSharma - the links you are pointing to are deleted. Some of your posts require proof. If you have proof - please email me on info at pagalguy dot com - we can allow the posts to stay if you have requisite proof, else we might have to remove them

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have 77%(State Board) in 10th, 61% in 12th(CBSE). 82% in B.Tech(non IIT, non NIT). 

2019 graduate working as data analyst since August 2019. Will low batch size in FMS help in getting summer internship shortlists? Shall I choose FMS above IIMs?

Since I have low acads, which b school will be best for my profile? I want to get into consulting or finance or Tech and settle abroad. I am very interested in finance and trading but I know I wont get shortlisted in finance or consulting roles due to low 10th 12th grades. 

Thanks

1 comment
KamleshChauhan9
@KamleshChauhan9  ·  2 karma

With your academic background, your best bet will be to get Consulting profile in Final Placements. Most of the finance, do not visit campuses for the final placements so there are very few opportunities left to grab. To get consulting shortlist, you need to be among top 10% of the batch. All the best.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have 80% in 10th 75% in 12th 65% grad, and female, SC category Can I get into any top iim if I try hard in Cat exam?

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
dhananjay0001
@dhananjay0001  ·  25 karma

Vouch for snap also I have seen people with 40-50 percentile taking admission to top notch institute with quota

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dhananjay0001
@dhananjay0001  ·  25 karma

p.s.- I am general male had lot of pain writing this

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When will be the first movement on wait list candidates be announced for IIM Calcutta.

Is the waitlist common for all categories of applicants (G, OBC, SC.. etc..)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Very intuitive selection criteria for 1 year MBA. https://youtu.be/QDuQoSPrw_g

Video Thumbnail5093987335012352
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congratulations IIM C

Post 5777941130117120
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIM C PGPEX biggest gainer in latest FT global rankings from 78th to 49th. Stanford ranked first.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2019

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Male, Engineer, NC-OBC - Work Ex -42 months

VA/DI/QA/OA = 93/76/82/89.35

X/XII/GRAD = 88/84/64

No Call from IIM C and A

Can anyone suggest my chances of getting calls from any of the IIMs ?

2 comments
Skillzx666
@Skillzx666  ·  247 karma

L and I mostly..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ry_7
@ry_7  ·  73 karma

Mainly New and Baby IIMs

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys what is difference between shortlist and wait list?

1 comment
NikhilReddyRR
@NikhilReddyRR  ·  2 karma

Shortlist means you are in the list of people attending interviews, concert means you got in , waitlist : there are X number of people infront of you and you waiting for someone to forego his seat in that college so you may have a chance to get in

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...