CAT 2016 Kolkata Aspirants

20 Posts  ·  79 Users
About this group

A forum for all CAT related queries for Kolkata aspirants

Page 1 of 2

Hello Guys

I am sure many of you, by now, must have already taken most of your MBA competitive exams. Now, after you have relaxed a bit, you must be having three questions in your mind unanswered- 1) Should we actually look for a GD/PI training or things can be managed without a formal training? 2) Where to go for THE BEST GD/PI training in Kolkata? 3) When is the right time to start the formal training?

I must tell you guys, with a tad-bit of practical experience I have, never commit the mistake of not going through a formal GD/PI training. Believe me, selection criteria are primarily based on the scores of your GD and PI. Scores of competitive exams just act as a filter to select few out of many. It might so happen that you have scored well in the national level and still you lost the chance of getting selected just because you could not prove your worthiness at the time of interview. And believe me, inability to convert a call is the worst feeling in the world. It feels like all your yearlong efforts were exercises in futile.

Now the question is where to look for the best GD/PI training in Kolkata? I took the formal GD/PI training from BACKSPACE CONSULTING LLP. And believe me guys, this is one of the turning point in my life. I converted all of my calls. Backspace does not only train you for GD/PI, it is training for life, training which would help you at every point of your career.  No one would provide you as many as number of mock interviews as backspace does with such flexible timings.

You can find my testimonial in this link http://www.backspace.net.in/details.php?id=46. Needless to say, the mentor at backspace (PPD) is from IIM- Ahmedabad and 100/100 to his style of teaching. And earlier you start, better off you are. I started my GD/PI sessions just a day after I appeared for my CAT.

3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which are the good institutes for GDPI preparation in Kolkata?

SNAP- 98.08%ile; NMAT-238; CAT-99.76%ile IIMC 2017-2019
1 comment
piyush_agrl
@piyush_agrl  ·  28 karma

without any iota of doubt, BACKSPACE CONSULTING LLP

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The number of five-digit telephone numbers having at least one of their digits repeated is a) 90000 b) 100000 c) 30240 d) 69760 Please help me with the logic of the solution. I have the solution but can't understand the way it's solved there.

1 like1 comment
vishiac
@vishiac  ·  5,092 karma

(Total) - ( not repeating at all) = 10*10*10*10*10 - 10*9*8*7*6 = 69760

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How was your CAT guys?

CAT 2015: 97.5 percentile
1 comment
sachinjha
@sachinjhaIIM Lucknow  ·  1,789 karma

Not as I would have wanted it to be :P Incorrect questions in my slot (slot 1) took away quite a lot of time.

But then one has to move on to XAT/TISSNET. So..will I.

All the best!

Attempts - VARC - 27 ; DILR - 15 ; QA - 16

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are the cat centers in Kolkata and Durgapur?

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Puys,

What are your centres for IIFT ?

B.Com (H); CMA; CS; CAT 2015: 97.2%ile; XAT 2016: 96.5%ile
3 likes6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
Deepayan1999
@Deepayan1999SPJIMR Mumbai  ·  1,166 karma

@harshit323 it's gariahat only, r and i got merged may be. for me too, it's showing ganahat road but there is no ganahat road in kolkata and there's only 1 heramba chandra college and that's in gariahat 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
harshit323
@harshit323  ·  379 karma

@Deepayan1999 yeah..thought so. Just wanted to confirm..thanks.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Puys,

What is your slot and centre for the D-Day ?

Mine is 2nd Slot,  Budge Budge Institute of Technology 

B.Com (H); CMA; CS; CAT 2015: 97.2%ile; XAT 2016: 96.5%ile
5 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Deepayan1999
@Deepayan1999SPJIMR Mumbai  ·  1,166 karma

@nikunjdamani tcs salt lake, morning slot

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
acecat13
@acecat13  ·  143 karma

Anyone got center outside kolkata ??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
dreams are the ones that make the life worth living...Trying to Help people achieve their dreams..
1 comment
nikunjdamani
@nikunjdamani  ·  1,693 karma

Thanks Buddy !!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  6 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If the cost price, the selling price and the marked price of an article are in arithmetic progression and it is known that a profit was registered by selling the article, then which of the following statements is true?

a) The percentage profit was less than the percentage discount.  

b) The percentage profit was equal to the percentage discount.  

c) The mark up percentage was double the percentage profit.  

d) The percentage profit when calculated on the selling price was more than the actual profit percentage (calculated on the cost price). 

5 likes2 comments
nikunjdamani
@nikunjdamani  ·  1,693 karma

The answer is choice 'c' ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  8 likes  ·  
maitra_sne
@maitra_sne  ·  205 karma

yes...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  5 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In each of the following questions, four sentences (1), (2), (3) and (4) are given: Of these, three sentences need to be in a logical order to make a coherent paragraph. From the given options, choose the one that does not fit the sequence.   

(1)We’re good at inventing things that can’t exist.  

(2)The last words of the Mahabharata are, “By no means can I attain a goal beyond my reach.” 

(3)Usually, much is beyond the reach of human intellect.  

(4)It is likely that justice, a human idea, is a goal beyond human reach. 

4 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...