CAT 2014 Preparation

345 Posts  ·  1,683 Users
About this group
Hello all, I am starting the preparation for CAT 2014, which is less than an year for now. I am a BE graduate with 2.5 years of work ex as of now. Please help me regarding how can I go forward in preparations. Which areas to focus and which areas ...
Page 1 of 35

Applications to the 2015-17 batch of MBA programme by National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal, Mangalore is closing on 16th February 2015

NITK Surathkal is an institute of national importance with a legacy of over 50 years, and has a 300 acre fully residential campus with the Arabian Sea on its west border and the Kanyakumari-Mumbai highway passing right through the middle,  and accommodates over 4500 students pursuing UG, PG and doctoral programmes.

Eligibility:

Graduation: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (For SC/ST it is 55% or 6.0) from a recognized institute/university.

Test scores: CAT 2014 or GMAT

Total Institute Fee: INR 1,54,100 

Total Hostel Fee: INR 77,500 (for Boys) or INR 81,500(Girls)

Total Intake: 64 (Reservations applicable)

Admission notification:

http://www.nitk.ac.in/mba-admissions

Official Facebook Page:

www.facebook.com/mba.nitk.surathkal

For more details, discussions and queries kindly visit the Official PG Thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nitk-mba-2015-2017-admissions-official-thread-30381526

Beryl Thomas, Public Relations Cell, NITK MBA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover !!!!!!! Cheers!!
1 comment
parijatprakash
@parijatprakash  ·  0 karma

i attempted 58 questions .Overall it seemed easier.I expect the cutoff to be higher this time!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I want guidance for my career. Plz give your opinion. I have got job as administrative officer in a start up company.It mostly involves work force management.

I have always wanted to pursue my career in Human resource. Thats why I took the job and I like it.

I am planning to take CAT next year. Will the work profile affect my selection?

Should I work in a BRAND company for being selected at IIM. Some people whom I met say that for final placements at IIM  work experience and the brand is taken into consideration? Is that so?

If it is true, then what should I do? plz help. (I dont know where to post the question so i posted here)

1 comment
neeraj_punjabi
@neeraj_punjabi  ·  0 karma

just focus on CAT and forget anything else.No,IIMS dont look for your brand companies

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIFT admit card download link plz ?

Life is what you make of it !
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Darknight123
@Darknight123  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys. Just want to understand what would be a good score (section wise) that all the coaching classes are predicting / advising?

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

the cat admit card is opening fine on my laptop/pc but when I went to the cyber to get it printed, it was not showing name DOB and the other details. Did anyone face any similar issue?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
appysingh818
@appysingh818  ·  0 karma

meanwhile if it gets sorted do lemme know.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
saurabh410
@saurabh410  ·  125 karma

@appysingh818 yes I got one way.. if you open it in chrome then it comes out fine.. so you can directly print from there I guess..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Silly question alert:

How many rough sheets will they provide? Is there a limit?

1 comment
deep009
@deep009  ·  325 karma

There is no limit. U can take as many as you want. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

An attempt to explain normalisation for the first time. Apparently, this year the scoring will happen on the lines of GATE. This is what CAT 2014 website says. 

NORMALIZATION OF SCORES OF CAT in 2014 CAT 2014 shall involve administering a different Form of the Test across each of the 4 different Test Sessions. In order to ensure fairness and equity in comparison of performances of the candidates across different test sessions, the scores of the candidates shall be subjected to a process of Normalization. The Normalization process to be implemented shall adjust for location and scale differences of score distributions across different forms and the scaled scores obtained by this process shall be converted into percentiles for purposes of shortlisting. For purposes of reporting, Scaled Scores for each Section (Section I: Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Section II: Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning) and Total along with the Percentile shall be published. The process of Normalization is an established practice for comparing candidate scores across multiple Forms and is similar to those being adopted in other large educational selection tests conducted in India such as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). CAT CENTRE 2014 wis

'Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend Inside of a dog it's too dark to read
4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
laj
@laj  ·  25,671 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
laj
@laj  ·  25,671 karma

http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015/#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing ye shall receive it..:)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PLEASE NOTE: The last date to apply for FMS for 2015-17 is TODAY, i.e., 10th November.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...