[CAT 2014] November 22, Forenoon Slot Discussions

60 Posts  ·  429 Users
About this group

Please use this thread to find fellow Puys at your center, last minute strategies before the real thing, and post CAT discussions of the paper!

Page 1 of 6

Hi puys,

this is little late but I have lost all my hopes after looking at no of attempts of my friends. No one attempted less than 90 and they were not even serious about cat.

My pathetic performance as follows

QA - 47A   min 42-43 correct

VA  37A    min 31-32 correct

last mock attempted was time mock10 (not aimcat)scored as follow

QA 45A/41C  119

VA 33A/22C 55

guys pls help me. do i stand any chance or should i focus on campus placement instead.

39 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys and Pirls

Sorry if this seems like spam - but I think an important part of our self-analysis (and hopes on normalization) depends on number of attempts (known) and accuracy (unknown)...

Just to get an idea on this

across different slots

in one go - created this poll thread -

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/consolidated-attempts-repository-30194476 .... Would request all to please vote on their respective slots to get an idea of how others are attempting in your own / other slots!

😃

BSc(H) | 94/94/67 | 3yrs exp | CAT12-99.60, CAT15-99.82 | 2013: XL-BM, K; 2016: ISB, IIM C, L
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

22nd November,Slot1

Centre: Rawal Institutions , Faridabad

Last Mock Score:SIMCAT 15(Unproctored mode) : 196

Total Attempts : 86

It was all smooth right from the beginning.

Sec-1 :43....Decent enough..Not too good considering the level of the paper(2-3 more would been better)..1 tough DI,rest all doable

Sec -2:43...Again on similar lines but a notch above...I think I took Sec-2 more seriously and hence missed out on a few questions in Sec-1(Decent VA,trickier RCs and 2 tricky LRs)

P.S:Manual counting lead to 88 attempts but the final summary showed just 86..Surprised!!

Expected a much better outing though..

Not a 95 attempt paper for sure(Atleast for me)..

PGP 2015-17 IIM B|| DT'14|| CAT'16 99.92 || CAT'15:99.76 ||CAT'12:99.74|| http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2014-mock-score-repository-25116679/28737245
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Those who have attempted like 80, 90 and 100 please don't open this post. and to normal people, how was the level of the exam?

If you never leave where you are, you will never live the life you are destined for.
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How many questions did you attempted?

80+
70-80
60-70
50-60
40-50
less than 40
One day when the glory comes, it will be ours
305 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Well, 

Quant and Verbal were easy to mod. 

These sections were easier than those of easiest mocks. 

As marks weren't readily available, I'm skeptical about my attempts. 

Tapmi PGDM 2015-17 batch
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Overall 68,  QA-38, VA-30 :-( 

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How was the paper guys..your experiences please..!! 

Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better. And Finally Win.
3 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

anyone having CAT at CMR engineering college, Hyderabad...

Indian Institute of Management Nagpur
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone having CAT Exam Centre at APS Engineering college, Kanakapura road, Somanhalli, Bangalore ???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...