Mr. Joel Jose, student of MIT School of Telecom Management 2012-2014 batch, bagged the 7th place sponsored by YES Bank, he stood 7th place ahead of several IIMs in the All India Best Management student contest in Dewang Mehta Best Student in Management 2013 organized by B School Affaire, in Mumbai at Taj Lands End on 23rd October, 2013.
I gave my CAT on 29th morning slot
career launcher percentile predictor is showin tat wit 41 attempts n 37 right I ll get max 89.xy percentile??..n it says tat their software predicts percentile with an error of 1 percentile...:( is it true?
Hi Guys, 10-88 % 12- 88 % BE -72 % NC-OBC
SIMCATS -85-88 %What are my chances to get calls from any IIM ?
If anyone who appeared in the morning slot on 29th October could answer this, it'd be really great. There was a 3 set venn diagram question on Russians, English and Germans (if you can recall) in which none of the options were matching the answer. Did anyone get that question and if yes, were you able to get the solution? Please PM me if you want additional details.
CAT Center : Netaji Subhas Institute of Management Studies, Pitampura, New Delhi.
Date : 29th Oct 2013 (29/10/13)
Slot : II (3.15 PM)
1) How many attempts you have made? ~(22+22) =44
2) Your last mock score? 98.29 (CL Unproctored)
3) How was your experience of the test?
In quant , questions were not from conventional topics (atleast I had expected ) like Numbers, Geometry, TSD, PnC, Probability etc..apart from a question each from Geometry,Mensuration & Numbers..Most questions in my set were from topics like Logs,Series questions,Co-ordinate Geometry, 1 trigo question, functions, some algebra related and others I would say general quant types..I would rate it as a moderate Quant set (not an easy set definitely
2 DI sets were easy(apart from that close options in 1 question ),1 was difficult to comprehend though I attempted it according to options ,😠 not sure though..😐
Hmm..Now In verbal, I must mention that it is my weak area, I somewhat always find verbal tricky.
But this time I dont know what it was..My all 3 RCs were very tough.All 3 of them were from topics outside of my interest area and I found them very difficult to comprehend..attempted very few n selected questions. Other questions were moderate level types (some may say easy 😃),and included q's from phrasal verbs,para completion,para jumble, finding error etc..etc..
LR sets were of easy to moderate level. (No surprises in the type of sets here)
4) What was the surprise element for you? All 3 tough RC's. + topics asked in Quant.
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Take proper sleep and give optimum rest to ur eyes before ur test..u may use some eye drops or something..
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc. I would say it was moderate or above moderate types..included new topics in quant as I had mentioned..
7) Any other query or something you would like to share.
My desktop had some colour problem. It was showing bluish screen..I asked prometric guys to replace it before the test..Though they did with the spare one but it too had the same problem, so ultimately gave the test on a bluish screen.
eiilm kolkata- 29/10, 10am slot.
NIMs Delhi, 29-0ct-13 and Morning Slot:
1) QA- 27 , VA -22
2) Your last mock score : 95.54 CL
3) How was your experience of the test: smooth, no glitches
4) What was the surprise element for you : couldn't solve an easy LR set
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better: keep calm. That's all
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. RCs were quite tough
7) Any other query or something you would like to share:
I couldn't solve an easy LR set and my verbal is not that good. So, i am not expecting any great accuracy. Would it affect too much on my overall VA score?
CATCenter BVP Pune, Date :29/10/2013 Slot: Morning
1) How many attempts you have made?22 QA 20 VA 17 -37
2) Your last mock score?
cl prock mocks:- 87 percentile 89 around i think
If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here.
3) How was your experience of the test?it was really smooth.
4) What was the surprise element for you? Nothing
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections qa easy no question from TSD, Total Number of solution, Trignometry, Mensuration, 6-7 sitter.
2 DI Easy, 1: tough kuch samjah nahi aaya. Expecting 17-18 correct
LR-2 easy 1: moderate, 2 Rc moderate, PJ Confusing, 1: Fib easy, 1:confusing, 1SE: confusing, Paracompletion Confusing Didn"t attempt any.
Expecting 14-15 right