CAT 2013 for Working Professionals

196 Posts  ·  315 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, CAT 2012 is finally out of the bag and many aspirants have already started preparing for CAT 2013. Few others might be contemplating to start the preparation. This thread would hopefully serve the working profession...
Page 1 of 20

Guys pls help.....

Which B-School should I choose....

1.IFMR

2.BIMTECH

Profile: 2.5 yrs of Experience as a Consultant and Business Development Manager.

Right now working as Manager-Operations with an IT Company.

Acads average.

Pls Pls Pls help me to make a choice....Kindly share your thoughts.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Aspirants,

Drishtee Capital, the student run investment fund of VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur has released its latest quarterly report. So for the finance enthusiasts who would like to be a part of an investment fund, do apply to VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur. You can check out the report here :

You can also check out our blog:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I appeared in CAT 2012, scored 95.2. Wanted to get into top colleges. So decided of giving another shot at CAT. So I continued with my job and prepared along side. CAT 2013 shattered my plans and hopes; scored a mere 84.
I have 2.5 yrs experience in IT.
I am confused as to what to do now. Should I get into any college(that might select me at such score) and get done with MBA
or continue with job?
I am NOT going for CAT this year again.. too much of it already.

help!!

12 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, please help me by putting your insights for my below query :

I have 36 months of experience already .Will be giving one more shot for CAT this year. I work in Cognizant ( IT) and I want to get into IT consulting or any Tier 2 strategy consulting firms like Pwc, KPMG, etc
( Tier 1 being Mckinsey, Bain Booze, Arthur D Little etc etc )
My dilemma is if i were to join IIMs next year i would be close to 4 years of exp....will that close the doors to get into those firms ..or should i quit now and prepare for CAT...please please please help me..
IIFT-D converted. NITIE interview remaining.
12 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does 4+ years of wrk ex is a disadvantage in b-schools?

do b-schools even take students with 4+ years of wrk experience that too in manufacturing sector?

How much diffcult is to get placed after 4 years of wrk ex in manufacturing sector...and wat are sectors that do consider after such long wrk ex ...i knw finance is out of question?

Some goals are so worthy,that it is glorious even to fail.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

CAT November 8th afternoon slot

QA: 10 attempts 8 correct
VA:19 attempts 15 correct
You merely adopted to the dark! I was born in it moulded by it! 👍
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, I'm facing a problem in accessing TIME website. I can access

http://www.time4education.com/ but when i give my credentials, I get the error, "

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0116' ". Please let me know if anyone face the same prob. Thanks!

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Still a "GEM"!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

MBE MFC, anybody going for it??

end it like beckham !
1 comment
undefined