CAT 2012 for working professionals

2,398 Posts  ·  922 Users
About this group
Hi puys, :: As we are on-board for journey towards top B-schools,I reached decision to start a new thread for working professionals who will be gearing up for IIMs and other esteemed B-schools in coming year.: :: Please make your first p...
Page 1 of 240

Hi All,

Please continue here for the journey to maul CAT 2013.

Cheers and All the best!
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey everyone,

i have a work ex of 18 months with an IT company ... since last year i have been planning to get my mba prep moving but seems like my job is sucking most of my time... i just don't want to sit and increase no. of work ex months in my kitty... i want to leave my job badly and sit with my books..., but the thought of leaving job for prep isn't that appealing... is there any other way out like some part time stuff or freelancing kinda thing ? Anything which does't give a bad impression to the interview panel and still work for me ?

Eagerly waiting for some suggestions.
Thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Confusion......
Situation is like this...
Screwed up entrance xams of 2012-13 season....with only a couple of converts from Tier-2 B schools...i am unsure of wehter to join there or not...
The dilemma is even more severe since my current company (read brand), profile and pay is so high for a Pre-MBA job that a tier-2 B school wont make much of a value addition.

My profile-
X-92%,XII-89%, Grad-5.9 CGPA ( Thanks to a confusing grade system that was followed in my colg)
Work ex- 32 months and counting ( Core electrical manufcturing co.)

Should i give another shot next year i.e. CAT'13 ??
Will my work ex- (which ll become about 44 months till the time i go to a top B school) be a hindrance in getting a good placement ??

P.S. i am planning to give GMAT s well in cse i do not opt for the converts i have with me this year.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@frozenthoughts
Thanks buddy...
I wanna share my profile with you...
10th-86% 12th-91% BE-72%
my exp. is in Industrial automation kinda engg. domain......with international exp of 1 yr.....
EC so..so
with this profile is it possible for me to get top colleges in abroad...or in india...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@saurabnglr : yep..u can!! if u are interested in finance...u can plan for sumthng like CFA level 1..if u wanna go to operations.. doing six sigma certifications can boost ur case.. actualy after 6 yrs of work-ex in some field its kinda difficult for an individual to justify to a panel on why he wants to switch profile...if however u rely wanna promote ur case..having dez things under ur belt can give some additional dividends...

as of ur acceptance in skuls...yes u still have plenty of choices.. tho most of them wud be out of india.. u can try for europe or US bskuls...or even singapore and australian Bskuls... in india u can try for SPJain..Great lakes..or the IIM pgpx one year courses..in that case u got to write GMAT.. a score of arnd 720-730 shud fetch u fair chances....

Gone with the wind....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@saurabnglr said:
@frozenthoughts
I am having 6+ yrs experience....

for such a long exp. nothing will be suitable....even IIM-A,B,C will not work....

i desperately change my job profile....any hopes?????
even I am confused with 3.5 years of work exp so far......U can gibe GMAT and target US universities or ISB,GLIM 1 year prog etc.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@frozenthoughtsI am having 6+ yrs experience....
for such a long exp. nothing will be suitable....even IIM-A,B,C will not work....
i desperately wanna change my job profile....any hopes?????
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@nevermindme

Are u luking forward to going to a bskul dis season or are u aiming for the next season? 3.5 years of work-ex is fair enuf...if u are going to a decent b-skul...i mean IIMs and a few others like NMIMS, MDI, IMI, FMS,XLRI n stuff......

as of lateral placements...i feel it becums difficult wen a guy with arnd 4 years of work-exp in IT tries to make a switch and wants to go to the financial services or so...which in any case most of the people like u and me try after going to a bskul...if u are luking forward to getting a profile in IT only..it shudnt be dat difficult.. i feel after ol dez years u must be knowing dat Business Analyst profiles are not dat lucrative..even a fresher having a Msc in statistics can handle doz kinda of profiles...being a consultant in a IT company is a so-so kind of a job..der r also profiles in IT/Telecom companies...if u are satisfied with dez kinda of profiles life wont be difficult... but the problem starts when our dil mange more...n we luk beyond dez profiles ...............i hope u get my point...

Gone with the wind....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Folks

Need a little help here.

i work in an IT company having experience of 3.5 years

im in a dilemma about regular MBA and Ex MBA

Recently heard from a friend from IIM that placements for lateral is really a nightmare

can someone throw some light on that

Having arnd 3.5 yrs is it good to go for regular MBA ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@GibsonLesPaul i have .Message me ur email ID
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...