CAT 2011 Pattern Change

258 Posts  ·  144 Users
About this group
To quote the CAT convenor "The CAT 2011 will have only two sections instead of three. The first section will focus on Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation; the second on Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. These two sections will be imp...
Page 1 of 26
Guys the demo of CAT 2011 is out.Please have a look.

Although they are showing only 6 questions in every section.But it seems the second section LR is not Critical Reasoning (FIJ etc,earlier the part of VA section) but the Puzzles type questions sets(earlier the part of DI section).

Yes, u r right. One more thing worth noticing is that out of 6 questions given in section2 5 are from RC and VA and 1 from LR. That makes a ratio of 5:1. Out of 30 this could be 25+5(VA+LR).:shocked: If they have planned 20+10 (VA+LR), then the ratio is 4:2 and it should have appeared in the same ratio in the dummy test. Anyways 5:1 ratio means reduced importance of LR which IIMs should not do. God knows what is in the surprise box! But anything is fine. Lets be prepared for the worst.
IMT GHAZIABAD
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys the demo of CAT 2011 is out.Please have a look.

Although they are showing only 6 questions in every section.But it seems the second section LR is not Critical Reasoning (FIJ etc,earlier the part of VA section) but the Puzzles type questions sets(earlier the part of DI section).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
can anyone tell me about the sectional cut offs and how will it be decided ?
will it be for the two sections only, or will the two sections be split into 3 and then sectional cut offs decided ?

Dude really! after making it 2 sections how do you expect it to be split! the sections will be evaluated separately of course and based on last year expect the cut-off to soar. I mean last year I did not find any guy with a 99+ section who had attempted less than 15 in that section(Please correct me if I am wrong here).
But attempt to maximize both the sections which would be definitely easier than 3 sections.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
will it be for the two sections only, or will the two sections be split into 3 and then sectional cut offs decided ?

Dude really! after making it 2 sections how do you expect it to be split! the sections will be evaluated separately of course and based on last year expect the cut-off to soar. I mean last year I did not find any guy with a 99+ section who had attempted less than 15 in that section(Please correct me if I am wrong here).
But attempt to maximize both the sections which would be definitely easier than 3 sections.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

keep posting guys

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As we all know the level of difficult might increase. Which is a boon rather than a bane for both average 70%ilers like what i am now and the super cool 90%ilers which i want to become.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

2 sectional cut offs....Not 3.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Be it the first day or the last day of the window, a 2 section or a 3 section test, a very easy or a very difficult one. The only thing which matters is if you are well prepared, confident and have the correct attitude and patient you would most probably crack cat.

Be cool. the power is with us.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Additional Lines :
I can inject bad jinx on any day , any slot

So , beware

This is the best part..........
The real truth of CAT...!!....

sorry for spamming...cudn't control........
Season 11 :- CAT -98.73 CALLS :- IIM B,I,S,RRRTUK,MDI,NITIE,SPJIMR Converts:-MDI,IIM S,RRTUK,NITIE
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...