CAT 2010-The wrong questions-The way ahead

119 Posts  ·  65 Users
About this group
Hello every1 The CAT 2010, is almost coming towards the end Since last year when CAT went online, there has been some thing or the other bugging the exams, affecting a large number of aspirants, serious takers, who have a lot centered on th...
Page 1 of 12

I don't see the purpose of this thread any longer now that the CAT is done with. There was a specific thing to be done if and when you would encounter wrong questions. The posts here seem more intent on attacking others rather than taking some action together. Please continue on the official queries thread if you have anything important to discuss.

Thread Closed.

Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Prometric called me regarding the wrong question and they have assured me that they will look into the matter and all questions will be reviewd

guys i request all of you to do forward your complain plz plz
because this is the only way we can fight our fate

plz plz............. do forward

@g!XX3R,
I am with you dude in 2nd best kinda luck, but this time not with IIM as I have not applied for XAT MAT SNAP or any other exam..

I believe its easier said than done. When you have a hell tough section and you see an easy set( by easy i mean real easy, mat level maybe) its very much likely that you are going to attempt it. Whats even more frustrating is that the answers you are getting are nowhere near the options given.Then you try once again thinking that i may have made a mistake. But then again your answers dont match. Now you are thinking lets move on to the next question. Next question is another very easy question. But the same happens with this question too. Now the frustration starts to build up. Then there is one mroe question which is again an easy one. But same thing happens for the third time. And before you know it you have already lost 15-20 mins because you try to double check each of the three questions. If the section wud have been easier it wud be easy to move on to d next question/set. But when the section is tough all your hopes are on sitters and missing out 3 sitters out of 5-6 sitters in a tough section is huge blow to anyone and its enough to dent 95% of the aspirants confidence. What i am trying to say is that no one expects wrong questions in an exam like cat and when it happens its a very scary situation especially with this "psychomatric normalisation" thing going on.

I agree with you that no one can say if the paper he/she has attempted was the toughest CAT. But then toughness and wrong questions are two very different scenarios. If it was jus one day-one slot-same paper for everyone kind of situation then i think the whole scenario would have been different. But wit 40 slots and 80 or maybe more different sets of paper it really becomes a matter of great concern for every aspirant

thanks bussy to agree with me, Damn to toughness yar, give the level battle field, again i say, i will prefer to battered out by my own lack of preparation, or may be 5000 odd people are performing well than me rather than some unearthy noralization.
I tell u abt normalization, few years back I gave CAT before even knowing wht exactly the CAT is and my percentile in DI was 99.7 in DI (scoring 58 out of... mind it it was toughes) and in last year after the whole year preparation i scored 93(my lowest in 3 sections missed IIMA and IIMC) in a dumbest ever DI section i ever faced.
SO i have no faith in normalization whatsoever they claim
few things to be noted : if you say you hav written the toughest exam ever have you written cat exams from past 5 years?? just writting one cat exam & you tell that it was tough this that & other crap i jus cant understnd if u think there were 5 q which was wrong if ur a cat exam taker u wud have left that Q and tried to answer rest & not waste time on same q for rest of ur life !
if u cant solve a q for more than 3 mins jus move on mann...

bhai main quant me koi bhi question solve kar sakta hun teen min me agar woh sahi ho to, aur jo question aaye the they were like how is 1875986+1467859. Now you tell me will you leave this question.
par mujhe pata hai tum bhaiya log bahot hi smart ho. tum to chod dege. ham yahan aam aadmiyo ki baat kar rahe hain
I believe its easier said than done. When you have a hell tough section and you see an easy set( by easy i mean real easy, mat level maybe) its very much likely that you are going to attempt it. Whats even more frustrating is that the answers you are getting are nowhere near the options given.Then you try once again thinking that i may have made a mistake. But then again your answers dont match. Now you are thinking lets move on to the next question. Next question is another very easy question. But the same happens with this question too. Now the frustration starts to build up. Then there is one mroe question which is again an easy one. But same thing happens for the third time. And before you know it you have already lost 15-20 mins because you try to double check each of the three questions. If the section wud have been easier it wud be easy to move on to d next question/set. But when the section is tough all your hopes are on sitters and missing out 3 sitters out of 5-6 sitters in a tough section is huge blow to anyone and its enough to dent 95% of the aspirants confidence. What i am trying to say is that no one expects wrong questions in an exam like cat and when it happens its a very scary situation especially with this "psychomatric normalisation" thing going on.

I agree with you that no one can say if the paper he/she has attempted was the toughest CAT. But then toughness and wrong questions are two very different scenarios. If it was jus one day-one slot-same paper for everyone kind of situation then i think the whole scenario would have been different. But wit 40 slots and 80 or maybe more different sets of paper it really becomes a matter of great concern for every aspirant

sahi kaha bhaiya, Hoshiyari jhadne walo ki kami nahi hai duniya me, ek aur aaya bhaya ...
bhai ham to aise hi CAT de aaye hame thode hi pata tha ki teen minute kitne bade hote hain aur kitne chote,
chodo bhaya, ekkahavat hai hindi me
Bhaish ke aage been bajao aur bhais khadi paguraye
well answered
kunalgolani Says
Done, but the action to be taken eventually is the responsibility of the IIMs. Prometric will only flag the suspicious questions. This is why it is important to ensure that the people at the IIMs understand the disadvantage we have suffered by losing time and precious patience on wrong questions. I urge you to follow this initiative of mine so that we can bring it to Prof. Rai's notice and do whatever we can to see that the normalization process takes into account the time we lost during the exam. Or, quite a few of us stand to lose a whole year.

Kunal, you are absolutely right. It's not just the wrong questions but, more importantly, it is the time wasted which needs to be addressed during the evaluation of scores. Please let me know how can be of any help for this cause. I have already written thrice to the student care team. As of now, the only word they seem to know is 'psychometrics' and claim it to be a panacea for all kinds of aberrations.
I fear for our pleas to be dismissed as being a negligible percentage of the total test takers.
nov 22 slot was easiest my friends didn't even prepare well and attempted around 56.
this is not fair.
if in row score some1 getting 140 in easy slot
and in difficult slot some1 getting 100.
how the hell u will scale and equate no matter what 140>100.
let's all pray it's more luck now.
now some undeserving candidate will end up in iims .
:lookround:
thr is no way of judging if u don't have same questions for all.
no IITs and again no IIMs
it seems i have to settle with second best :)

I agree with you on this. But well we don't have a choice there. All we can do is to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. Wit 40 slots and so many different sets with such varying difficulty level we can only hope for the best. Lets just hope that IIMs will look into this "wrong questions" matter and will do justice.
Anubhavrocks Says
I hope it should be not like that - those who are complaining about the wrong questions to prometric,only those persons will be awarded..i didnt complained......i had my CAT SLOT on 9th nov. 10:00 AM

If they do provide some solution for wrong questions then i think it will be for everyone who faced those questions. it should not matter if you have complained or not. We are just urging people to complain about wrong questions, if they feel that they have encountered them, so that a fair amount of complains are there to draw IIMs attention. If you haven't complained yet and you are sure that there were some wrong questions in your set then in my opinion you should complain to prometric. Its never too late mate 😃

nov 22 slot was easiest my friends didn't even prepare well and attempted around 56.
this is not fair.
if in row score some1 getting 140 in easy slot
and in difficult slot some1 getting 100.
how the hell u will scale and equate no matter what 140>100.
let's all pray it's more luck now.
now some undeserving candidate will end up in iims .
:lookround:
thr is no way of judging if u don't have same questions for all.
no IITs and again no IIMs
it seems i have to settle with second best 😃

XLRI Jamshedpur BM Batch of 2012-2014