CAT 2009 : 8th Dec ( Day 11 ) Exam Experiences

26 Posts  ·  46 Users
About this group
Hi puys, I am starting this thread for the 11th day i.e. December 8, 2009. (the extended day) To make sure the guidelines are adhered to, we will keep this thread where everyone can share their experiences in the following format. So let us...
Page 1 of 3

check this article out they are sayin tat wtage of cat scores will be reduced on to 70 percent
CAT loses steam, top B-schools to go for new rules

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hey puys i just got a mail from IIM-B director saying sorry for inconvenience caused due to rescheduling of my exam and it says that they will address the issue that i have raised. so anybody faced any major glitch can mail to all IIM director.

Anusha03 Says
There surely wont b a retest. Lets wait till 22nd jan.. When d final results unwind..

yup this seems like the best thing that can be done now than to speculate whether there will be retest, wats the marking scheme etc.

actually if the iim s don come with a proper marking scheme and normalisation pattern then they will be forced to give a paper based re test..

marking scheme is goin to be sad news for those who have wrong attempts and those who attended only easy questions

+4/-2 ???????
cant it be represented as +2/-1.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well people. u might have heard abt a lot of cancellations and reappointments. Now here's my Curious Case of Cat'09. I originally took the Cat on 1 Dec. everything went smoothly apart from a few minor glitches until the end of the exam. half my test lab candidates were held back because answers weren't getting reflected. But after 20-25 mins we were told that the problem was resolved. Now i'm happy as i walk out of the centre very contended with my attempts and looking forward to 22nd Jan. Well, come 6th Dec and i casually check my email around 8:30 in the evening. And to my surprise, i find a fresh admit card waiting for me. Is it a prank???? So i hope. But no, it turns out to be a fact. With 1 day left i need to again focus on the exam.
To cut a long story short, i arrive at my test centre (which was def leaps and bounds ahead of the earlier one when it comes to facilities) and take the test again. And believe me or not....the test turns out to be tougher. well i fare well again........but am too exhausted to add two and two. Cat Authorities could have done a smarter job by at least letting me know a few more days in advance rather than dropping the bomb on the penultimate day. I know its been quite a start for prometric, so no hard feelings..........in any case my curious case of Cat'09 is 'Ram Bharose' now

Yes mate, it think it is just a hoax coz d IIM Directors have clearly stated there d they would nt get back to d pp format nt even 4 dis year..

My friend and I gave the exam on 4th..
Now, today morning he gets a message that he has been rescheduled..
3-30 slot..8-Dec.. He reads the msg at 3-30 and calls Prometric.. They confirm if it had been submitted properly or not etc. Anyways, more importantly he was told that there are chances of a Paper Pencil retest...
That was something to cheer about..Let's hope for the best

Now Prometric people are enjoying our suffering by making such baseless comment.How come they know of such thing.the people u talked with are simple call center employee mocking at us.

My friend and I gave the exam on 4th..
Now, today morning he gets a message that he has been rescheduled..
3-30 slot..8-Dec.. He reads the msg at 3-30 and calls Prometric.. They confirm if it had been submitted properly or not etc. Anyways, more importantly he was told that there are chances of a Paper Pencil retest...
That was something to cheer about..Let's hope for the best

:

Hi Guys, gave my exam yesterday , 7th, second slot. The VA and DI was not that easy.. Only QA was doable.
Even though i did manage to attempt 48 questions with up to 80% accuracy ( That i am sure of 😃 )
Really worried about how the marking and normalisation scheme would be done by the IIMs.. Agree or Disagree, that would make a real difference.. With the difficulty level varying across slots, not really sure how this would be done. In fact i got the same DI set that my friend got on 5th second slot. We realised it later. Thats bad.. Lets C what happens on the 22nd Jan.

All the best to everyone!!! Already preparing for TISS, XAT, FMS.. Cheers!!!