CAT 2009 : 30th JAN ( Phase-2/DAY-1 ) Exam Experiences

22 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Starting this thread for the 1st day of the 2nd phase i.e. 30th Jan 2010. To make sure the gudielines are adhered to, we will keep this thread where everyone can share their experiences in the following format. So let us hear out from the peo...
Page 1 of 3
sleeplessness Says
yes.. there were 2 questions asking the decrease n increase in values.. the values were incr / decr in many quarters but options were either singular or just 2 quarters.. i think if very minor changes in the graphs were neglected then one cud somehow arrive at 1 of the options.. but technically speaking the set can be considered as erroneous.. u can write a mail to the IIMs giving brief description of the set.. i'll do the same too.. :cheers:

i will agree with both the guys above ..ya there were 2 q/s such like that in wh. u cant arrive at any answer correctly so its just guess.......
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
sleeplessness Says
yes.. there were 2 questions asking the decrease n increase in values.. the values were incr / decr in many quarters but options were either singular or just 2 quarters.. i think if very minor changes in the graphs were neglected then one cud somehow arrive at 1 of the options.. but technically speaking the set can be considered as erroneous.. u can write a mail to the IIMs giving brief description of the set.. i'll do the same too.. :cheers:

I think they were perhaps testing one's eyesight or perhaps this was an
'experimental' question to test the display resolution and scaling
capabilities of different monitors.
( After all, some lucky ones got 20 inch LCD monitors but for most it was 16-17 inch CRTs)

I was one of the idiots who tried on the test to discover if the options could
actually be right ( it seemed strange given the large number of different
periods and fluctuating values to be compared that the questions mentioned
that there was only one increase and two decreases amongst them).

But unfortunately, if (as you say) minor differences are ignored, the
required value for the remaining periods actually remains constant - the question is thus actually technically correct.

However, perhaps this should feature in some review on how to abuse charts and graphs or on some feature on the importance of proper scaling
on graphs and charts.
This feature could then perhaps be titled:
Welcome to our world. Managers of the world unite ( or is it untie).
Long live 'Satyam'. You are now empowered to be confused etc. etc.
The list could be extended endlessly. You are welcome to add your pet peeve here. All title suggestions are welcome.

( The following link may be of interest too)
Damned Lies and Statistics : Joel Best
Went smoothly without any problems. Very good experience.

My Attempts:

QA: 16
DI: 17
VA: 18
OA: 51

VA was very easy.
QA was moderate
DI was not bad at all.

About the production question, I do not feel there was any prob. There were no errors in the paper.

And guys for your own benefit do not discuss the questions now as you never know when will the CAT actually end.

Went smoothly without any problems. Very good experience.

My Attempts:

QA: 16
DI: 17
VA: 18
OA: 51

VA was very easy.
QA was moderate
DI was not bad at all.

About the production question, I do not feel there was any prob. There were no errors in the paper.

yeah...i got it too....it was coming 4 me i guess....there were 3 Q....which one did u find confusing?

150%, Rs.14.....hope u get wat am implying

sleeplessness Says

I think the implied meaning of the question asked for among the choices which showed increase/decrease.
sleeplessness Says

NO no, i'm not talking about the quarter problem, i skipped it. This one is different.
sleeplessness Says
yes.. there were 2 questions asking the decrease n increase in values.. the values were incr / decr in many quarters but options were either singular or just 2 quarters.. i think if very minor changes in the graphs were neglected then one cud somehow arrive at 1 of the options.. but technically speaking the set can be considered as erroneous.. u can write a mail to the IIMs giving brief description of the set.. i'll do the same too..

hmm looks like these people have really tried hard to keep exam levels at the same ERROR LEVEL as previous days. kudos-must be back breaking work :cheers:

i also hope they DON'T normalise the scores so that there is no level playing field and THEREFORE a level playing field (by law of EQUAL INEQUALITY) :cheers:

rishabh007 Says
Appeared for my retest on 30th jan.Attempted around 43 questions....But there was a Di question set ( Widget production) where the options were all wrong in 2 questions. I mean i'm 100 % sure about that,because it was an easy one...wasted 10-12 min trying to figure out if i'm making any silly mistake, but no such luck. Anybody got the same problem ?

Appeared for my retest on 30th jan.Attempted around 43 questions....But there was a Di question set ( Widget production) where the options were all wrong in 2 questions. I mean i'm 100 % sure about that,because it was an easy one...wasted 10-12 min trying to figure out if i'm making any silly mistake, but no such luck. Anybody got the same problem ?