It is a very awkward situation. If i would have been in your place i would have taken CA final paper rather than going for CAT. But you can think of the other way round too, coz CA final is held twice in a year and CAT just once. Though risking CA final is not at all advisable.
I am shocked at the decision taken by ICAI, but as we know we cant do anything of it. I would suggest, you should decide on one of the two choices available and just prepare for that one, rather than deliberating for both
I am a qualified CA...just cleared my CA in MAy 2008. I wanted to know that whether u have just the IDT paper(exemptions in other papers) or the whole group 2.
Even i am preparing for CAT. The question that u have raised, has come in my mind too... whether an MBA from NM or symbi is worthwhile...really confused with this...dont know whether to work with a big 4 or to go for an MBA...
Naina Agarwala Sayshi,well yes i had initiated that thread,bit i got only one response n smbody closed the thread..tht explains this thread..coming to that.. i am a CA and CS, does it make sense going for NMs and Symbiosis..as in wd nt it be better, taking up a job now on the basis f ca..it wd land me up n d same salary two years dwn the line...i wont b able to sit for MBA ne mre.. was wanting to mk it to the tier one b schools only.. i wnated to ask you guys, cant i file a writ or something?
You can try filing the writ but, as I explained earlier, that there are nearly 2 lakh ppl who take CAT exam, so dont know if they would change the date for a small group. However, if you feel you cant let this chance go, then please look at the various option and the starting of which is contacting IIMs via email or helpdesk.
BTw, person who replied on your previous thread and closed it is another Mod of PG, namely prem_ravi.
hi,well yes i had initiated that thread,bit i got only one response n smbody closed the thread..tht explains this thread..coming to that.. i am a CA and CS, does it make sense going for NMs and Symbiosis..as in wd nt it be better, taking up a job now on the basis f ca..it wd land me up n d same salary two years dwn the line...i wont b able to sit for MBA ne mre.. was wanting to mk it to the tier one b schools only.. i wnated to ask you guys, cant i file a writ or something?
@naina... Yes, i can see that you had open a thread earlier as well :
We feel sorry for you but as already said by prem_ravi, the date of CAT cant be changed for a single individual. Remember, its an exam taking by more nearly 2 lakh people and so, IIMs wont bother changing dates for it.
However, CAT isnt the end of the world. If you are preparing well, then you can appear for XAT, FMS, IIFT, SNAP, NMAT and GMAT. So no point in loosing your focus and leaving the prepartion half way.
I am moving this thread to career discussion section so that it gets apt attention.
Hello friends,well i have been literaly been shattered when i came to know the other day that the fourth paper of CA final (Indirect Tax) and CAT 2008 is coinciding.. I was in a preparation spree, and was performing decently well in Mocks too.. was really looking forward to sit for both the exams and hopefully cracking it too.. alas! all my dreams have taken a turn now.. for both exams coincides on the 16th of november.. this is unprecedented for CA final has never taken place on a sunday.. but now what am i suppose to do?the timing too doesnt leave much scope..cat is from 10 AM to 1 PM.. while ca final fourth paper (indirect tax) from 1 PM to 4 PM.. either way it would have been extremely difficult and unadvisable too, but out here there is no possibility too..i request the seniors out here to pour in their valuable comments/suggestions.. so that we could do something about it.. this in not fair for someone who has been preparing, balancing things for so long, taking tutions for both hoping for the best, and all her plans been tossled away suddenly!I request you people to please do somethign about it.. writ? petition? request? no matter what it entails.. it should be resolved.. and nobody should be prejudiced this way!.. i am sure there are many who were planning to sit for both.. people come forward and lets together find some way out of this dilemma..Regards,Naina Agarwalapeople i am running out of time now..getting really panicky..the last day for CAT forms is approaching soon.. would have to decide on the status in a day or two..what should be my course of action hereinafter..should i get the CAT form??i realy want to sit for CAT 2008..please guide me throught this crisis!!!!!Regards,Naina Agarwalastill waiting for some response/reply..would this thread would be lost in translation and would be overshadowed by other active threads if it does not get a reply every now and then?Response:I feel extremely sorry for you,But, the fact is,no one can do anything about this.. CAT, unlike your GD/PI or GMATcannot be shifted to a different date..I wish you all the best for whatever you decide..i jst got one response and thereafter the thread was closed...can i have more views please?i realy wnt it to wrk out!