CAT 2005 spillover batch - Bring on '06

105 Posts  ·  104 Users
About this group
Hi there everyone! The results are out and I am disappointed with the 0/6 that I have managed. I'm sure that it's the same with many of our Puys. But I will not be demoralized and will rise like the Phoenix from the ashes! Fellow ...
Page 1 of 11

hey guys i am shankar from pune and i must give you an information that national insurance academy, pune is a very good institution.And all of you who are not interested in wasting an year can actually apply. the last date for NIA and welingkar is 31st january. i have just applied for both the institutes today. I had interaction with few students at NIA and they tell me with 75%ile I stand some chance

shankar

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
puys i dont feel i'm the quant guru or nythin but let me tell u wat i did.
eveyr new problem i approached i jotted down some formula or short cut n b4 exam i jus went thru the notes. i hope it helped cos i got 98.22%ile quant and overall 98.73%ile. still missed calls due to 88%ile in va. k leave tht n start jotting down

Thanks Srini , I think your idea is great . I will give it a shot for CET . ATB
eveyr new problem i approached i jotted down some formula or short cut n b4 exam i jus went thru the notes. i hope it helped cos i got 98.22%ile quant and overall 98.73%ile. still missed calls due to 88%ile in va. k leave tht n start jotting down

Yeah, u r very true... I also have felt that making short notes of important formulae and fundae can help to a great extent while doing the revision just before the exam....
I am also doing this and I am sure this year it will brings fruits for me from the IIMs...
:grab:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
IN GOD I TRUST, AND OTHERS I MONITOR

is there any1 who has scored 98.73%ile or so n missed all calls. it surely feels on top pf the world. like minders share ur elation

Mba-crusader Says
I also have the same problem friend. I am just not able to understand the questions asked in the paper . 😞 I got 97%tile in VA but my quant was dissmal. You got it right dude .... quant has become something more personal . MBA and other stuff have become immaterial . I just want to crack open quant CAT06 . Can any quant guru please give us any valuable tip to achieve it ??

i just want to say, that i have faced the same problem all my life where math is concerned. I have managed decent marks because i spent a lot of time studying very very hard... QA section is all about practice, confidence and and a little bit of exam sense.

Look at this years QA section.Upon seeing the paper, take a minute to form strategy.U should have realised that u should spend 40 mins minimum in QA (u should, if ur weak here) All u needed to do was about 5-6 2 markers and a 5 odd 1 markers to make it. thats almost 4 mins per question, on average. And thats ALL. Dont look at people who do 20 -25 questions and scare the bejeezus out of us minnows. Ur job is not to do all the questions, its to do enough.

Practice a lot, it instills confidence. Learn to quickly realise if u can do a question, or should u move on. Practice means , not only solving various questions, it also means trying out exam strategies and developing that exam sense, the one which tells u what to do when u see a paper. With a plan in hand within minutes of seeing the paper, u are less likely to get nervous, and crack the quant section. "Cracking" is a relative term, again... i had 96 %ile in QA this year, and i consider it an achievement.

Guys,
I tried for CAT in 2004 and ended up with 95 %le but I was not prepared at all.... I had a bad time going on then....But this time I am feeling a fresh energy in me telling me to take CAT '06 and I am sure this time I will surely make it and will get BLACKI....and in this journey from the land of nowhere to IIMland, I am sure to get u guys with me....
Best of luck to everyone....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN GOD I TRUST, AND OTHERS I MONITOR

hi guys,

May be in some way this is not an apt post for this thread....but till the time one is planning to take cat 06', i guess he can be a part of it....

actually my question is for all the maths whizkids, or it's more of an sos call...this year around i had a 98.1 overall in CAT with 99.1-va, 98.17-di and 31- quant.... yes u guessed it right...i wanna ask wat should i do about Quant....it was my second attempt and in none of the mocks or any exams i have managed to clear quant cutoff...though this 31 percentile is sure courtesy some random nervous marking or other rash move, but i wasn't expecting more than 80 percentile in quant anyway.....(basically i am not able to comprehend the questions their inferences, their hidden meaning) .... i have done the rounds of all the threads and books on CAT in the market.....but to no avail....and the worst part is with this kind of breakup i am as good as a 50 percentiler as i applied to sp and mdi only.. beside the IIMs..

though i am not too sure that will be taking cat again, but i still want to screw quant this time around, do what ever lil' possible...it's more like i have a personal grudge against this subj.(last year similar thing happened in XAT)..therefore i wanna know basically in 8-10 months (alongwith a consulting job as an analyst) wat can one do to become an absolute 99 percentiler in quant....

i know at the end of it i am the best judge of my position but i haven't been able to do it successfully so i am seeking some help from all you guys there...

i expect to make some headway after responses to this mail and make a start....

I also have the same problem friend. I am just not able to understand the questions asked in the paper . 😞 I got 97%tile in VA but my quant was dissmal. You got it right dude .... quant has become something more personal . MBA and other stuff have become immaterial . I just want to crack open quant CAT06 . Can any quant guru please give us any valuable tip to achieve it ??

ohh i feel so guilty not posting in this thread earlier . me got the lone call from IIMB though . dont know how things will go tis time but sure i will try . AND TO ALL DEAR MEMBERS OF THE PAGALGUY - THE BATCH OF 2005 - ALL THE BEST FOR @))^ -oops sorry - 2006 .

My special best wishes to VAS , SHRIKANTH , NIKHIL , UMAX AND OTHERS (i am bad at names). THIS TIME JUST DO IT yaar .

as for me , moi not sure abt 2K6 and if there is such a case , "we will see" .

what a feelin of nostalgia guys , wanted that we will progress together frm the AIMCAT thread to the BLACKI thread , guess we dont evrytime get wat we want but guess what we still have each others whether in IIM or out , so plz plz cheer up and as they say "BELL THE CAT" :)

ATB guys ,
termi.

PS - according to CHETAN BHAGAT in " ONE NIGHT AT CALL CENTRE " - the fourth and the most imp. ingredient for sucess is " FAILURE " and i agree with that , i hope that you also do .

hey puys..
count me in for CAT 06 as well..well after a not-so-bad first attempt,Ill be in full gear.and abt preparation..i seriously feel the best time wud be somewhere in april-june to go thru the concepts of QA/DI and yeah..VA is sth u can develope all thruout ur life.so no fixed deadline for that.
anyhow as for my scores: net-96.38 QA-95.14 DI-85.xx VA-93.45
I have taken serious inspiration frm guys like VINZ and ANUPAM(well he surely has returned with 6/6 and so has vinz..gr8 going buddies!)..I make sure its 6/6 for me in CAT 2006! wait up lil catty..i am coming to bell ya!