Cass FT MBA 2013-2014

56 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Hello All,Anyone who plans to apply or has already applied to the CASS FT MBA for 2013?
Page 1 of 6

Hi All,

I am applying for Cass FT MBA Sep 2014 intake. I finished my interview with one of the professors this morning. 

Can anyone tell me what is the usual time line between interview date and the final decision(positive or negative).

My profile snapshot-

Qualified Cost and Management Accountant from India. Work experience 9 years in different facets of finance. Currently country finance head in East Africa for a singapore based MNC.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Applied and got an offer. Will be accepting it.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@WouldBeCrazy

Definitely NOT Cass.

Dude, going by your comments, looks like its a case of sour grapes. I seriously doubt you got an admit offer from Cass or any other European business schools you claim to be contemplating on joining this fall!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys.
I have an interview on the 13th of March with Dr Sam Kamuriwo. He's the MBA Startegy Professor. Was anyone interviewed by him? Any pointers??
Thanks in advance.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Guys,
My confusion between Cass & Cranfield has just gone up now. I just got a mail from Cass that I have received a scholarship 10,000 UKP (got 3000 UKP from Cranfield in addition to early discount of 2000 UKP = 5000 UKP).
Before this mail, I was completely inclined towards Cranfield as cost factor was a big thing against Cass. Now am totally/completely confused.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sahilrcn said:
@wouldbecrazy: I spoke to a current student at Cass and as per him there is no big difference in the current enviorment in Cass Cranfield MBS or Warwick. Give and take its pretty much the same. The only thing that can give you a hundred pc gurantee at the moment is LBS or Judge. He is an Indian based in the UK and his point is that any of these four schools you will be in the same situation
Agree, all these schools are more or less the same. The only difference is, some schools are known for finance and some schools are known for general management.

Honestly speaking, we are not really qualified to say this one better than that one ... I think technically we can say, this school fits ME better.

So best of luck my friend and hopefully our path will cross one day.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@wouldbecrazy: I spoke to a current student at Cass and as per him there is no big difference in the current enviorment in Cass Cranfield MBS or Warwick. Give and take its pretty much the same. The only thing that can give you a hundred pc gurantee at the moment is LBS or Judge. He is an Indian based in the UK and his point is that any of these four schools you will be in the same situation

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@WouldBeCrazy said:
CASS is a hidden gem in UK. unfortunately overshadowed by LBS, Oxbridge on one side and Cranfield/Warwick on the other side.In good economic climate, there is no second thought about City but now, in current economic condition, they also struggling to place all their students.In London, there are just 3 good schools, LBS, CASS and Imperial. And yes, location matters a LOT.
I think after going through the experience with CASS, I can clearly understand why the hidden gem faded away. Personally to me, CASS does not deserve the kind of fees in today's climate. Locational advantage is over hyped!! Besides locational advantage, there is absolutely no wow factor in CASS. Please, don't be silly to point out that 2 hours session in bloomberg terminal!! CASS is know for ONLY finance and finance is not doing well at the moment.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@firststep2013
Just prepare- why mba, why now, why Cass....contribution to class...etc
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All, I have a personal interview with Cass this Thursday on 7th with Dr. Amanda Goodall..

Any one met/spoke to her in your interview.. I'd be very thankful if you shared your experience.. Thanks a lot..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...