[Case Study] pagalguy.com ka revenue model

96 Posts  ·  84 Users
About this group
guyz whatz pagalguy.com ka revenue model? :neutral_face:
Page 1 of 10

Now 'Talk to the hand' means a lot more!

This E-cube, Ecell, NMIMS-Mumbai and Haptik presents to you A Case Study Challenge on "Growth Hacking"

So here is a hand that talks back to you and offers help on a million bases!

And here's your chance to deploy your marketing skills, and lend them a hand instead.

About HaptikHaptik is a mobile first startup based in San Francisco and Mumbai. It is a smartphone app to chat with company experts for support, information, and anything else. Think WhatsApp! - but instead messaging an expert.

To know more about them: Download the app - www.haptik.co/download or vist  www.haptik.co 

The world of business is looking to you to bring proven expertise in thinking solutions and an ability to combine fresh insights & unconventional ideas.

And this requires a range of competencies - from industry knowledge to client service orientation, from teamwork to leadership. Above all it requires you to push the limits. 

It requires YOU... to uncover your true potential...every single day.

Registration Link: https://haptik.typeform.com/to/FaLmil

The winners stand to win: 

·        A cash prize of -INR 40,000

·        Pre-Placement Interview/ Offer to a member/members of the winning team post an interview round

Submission of entries closes on: 31st January, 2015 

Get back to us in case of any query.

Shaitan Singh: +91-9619137886

Kamakshi Mathur: +91-9819159355

For regular updates, visit E-cell Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ecell.nmims

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Bumping this up. Kinda needs some new audience here. This thread was started in 2004 :mg:

Command like a king, work like a slave.
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
junefever
@junefever  ·  2,165 karma
@deepu  and charging 250$/month from those who compare new vwesion of PG with FB 😛
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
banu2312
@banu2312  ·  0 karma

What about some gaming applications? Though it's a terrible idea.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Woow... even i never knew about such thread... :banghead::banghead:

If PG enter into share market...... Woow... what an IPO it would be... :clap::clap:

You mean like this How the Stock Market Works - YouTube
JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Good Job PG..:clap: How about owning a server and renting it to others which generate income for you...: or you can enter share market for earning revenue

this just my point of view i may be wrong :

Woow... even i never knew about such thread... :banghead::banghead:

If PG enter into share market...... Woow... what an IPO it would be... :clap::clap:
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Oh lord..

What did you think ? .. Yes, I end up paying for all the things you guys end up typing

So .. lets get down to a discussion now. Um.. Lets assume this is a CASE STUDY. How would you folks form a business plan of sustainability and profitability for PG.com .. I would also love to see how everyone here views an Internet business model and to the depths of understanding of what drives a net business.

Good Job PG..:clap: How about owning a server and renting it to others which generate income for you...: or you can enter share market for earning revenue

this just my point of view i may be wrong :
JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I didn't know a thread like this existed. Found it while searching for business models in Google.

Now that I have read all the posts in this thread... I still don't understand how Allwin sir managed to keep the website running, when it was at its nascent stage. With no ads, no premium membership, no merchandise, how did he manage to keep it running and pay for all the server charges.

I am too obstinate here to believe he actually gave it out of his pocket. 😐

Anyone here to help this poor soul understand this?

On a road less travelled, you'll find what you've been looking for. Yourself.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I didnt knew that a thread like this existed. But almost half of my interview was based on Pagalguy , its revenue model , its competitors , how PG is different from its competitors and so on. This was asked as I had mentioned that I was a PG MadCapz at Pagalguy . I have no idea how I fared but if I do convert my XLRI BM , I will assume I did reasonably well.

Coming to the revenue model of PG here is what I think PG has and what PG can have :

1. The maximum revenue of PG comes through advertisements. Its really difficult to believe that ads can get you such a large amount of money. But compare this to a company like Google which is also based on this advertisement model presently and making a lot of money. Considering PG's reach in India and abroad as an MBA website , I am guessing its doing very fine as well.
  2. PG products. Although I haven't purchased anything from the store I believe PG does sell those products and makes some profit from those items.
  3. PG articles. 99% of the articles on PG are very well written and very informative for MBA aspirants and students alike. I find a lot of PG articles on other websites as well. Maybe PG gets some revenue from selling articles to other websites.

I think these are the primary sources and I might be wrong in believing there aren't other sources as well.

PS : The views written above are my own and have no coincidence to PG's view . Any data matching will be purely coincidental.
There is no formula for success, except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life & what it brings
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Bretheren,

I heard that PG was sold to some web firm for a 50 cr sum? I know its totally out of proportion? but can anyone confirm this?

And if not, have PGs revenue figures been out anywhere anytime?

Secondly I really admire PGs unconditional decision to keep the site free for all so far , and I strongly believe that is the reason for its success. :thumbsup:

So in all PG stands for very informal way of Direct Information from Direct Sources, hence any intervention by Bschools and classes will be a party spoiler. But I guess, there is a great Brand underneath for which there would be enough takers in form of merchandise. Combine Graphic/Slogan Tees with PG .

For eg

"the qualification is BA........MBA " - PG :p

The best eg I can state is that of : godaddydotcom, the BAAP of hosting sites and nowhere related to merchandise retailing , but offlate its merchandise contributes significantly to the bottom line.

OH btw , this is my first post. So: Hello World! n

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Adding on to the points already put up:

I am not aware if PG uses micro level advertising.. that is putting up relevant ads in communities and for specific users depending upon the threads they are visiting or active. Orkut does it pretty well. Have you noticed that on ur orkut home page u ll get ads relevant to ur interests.. like communities u have joined or ur back ground etc. This user specific advertising ll be more appreciated by the companies which are putting up those ads.

For example, if someone is planning to write CFA or is interested in Finance.. ads for financial certification on this user home page is more relevant & u ppl can ask for a premium for the same.

P.S: The biggest asset of PG in the coming years is going to be the data of previous year discussion. Please, do not ever think of getting rid of this gold mine. No matter how much space it may be taking.. if you think of cutting cost do it some where else but not those evergreen threads of yesteryear

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hmm.. interesting thoughts

PG might also derive revenue from the events like MBA education fair and AIPGM ( from participating B Schools and sponsors ) .. they also post articles for certain b schools and their directors ( with standard disclaimers attached of course ) .. no doubt the major chunk of revenue comes from advertising .

and diversifying into other areas of education .. well .. I spoke to Rohit sir regarding that .. and a few things are actually in the pipeline ..engineering no doubt is one of them .. another upcoming field of education is the one of law .. they might want to focus primary education going forward .. and that will require more investment .

I think more focus at the moment is on brand building .. which I am sure will definitely pay off in the long run ..

Cheers !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...