Carlson School of Management - University of Minnesota Fall 2013 Applicants

122 Posts  ·  41 Users
About this group
Lets start a thread for Fall 2013 applicants for Univ of Minnesota, Carlson school of management. If you have already applied or are planning to apply or you have already heard back from the school, please share it here. I have already applie...
Page 1 of 13

I will be declining. Good luck to folks in waiting list.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got admitted way back in January.. bt didnt got any schol..
Bt now i rcd 50% schol on Apr 15th... i wont be joining anyways cz i am heading to Mays BS.. all the best to you all!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any update from 3rd round, April-15th was the deadline?

5 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have got 50% scholarship. But I am thinking of deferring the admission to next fall. Will my scholarship still hold good?
Please reply soon, i need to make a decision.

Thanks,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Every B-School seems to have the same words of wisdom:

While at School, network like crazy, and you will surely land in a job.

Now the questions is: How exactly does that networking work? Who is sitting idle to "network" with you current MBA students ( cum job seekers) without any plausible benefit in return? Probably, job search agencies can help you better than school's Career Services or alumni base....

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Agreed, internationals face tough competition from locals in securing local (Minneapolis based) jobs.

I want to know: how can internationals pursue job opportunities with companies that do not visit campus and are, say, located in the west coast? How willing are companies in the west coast in recruiting internationals?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey all

Regarding post employment it's true not all employers in Minneapolis recruit internationals but a lot of them will interview..
Last 2 years I have seen internationals interview with
General Mills
Cargill
Ecolab ( internships and full time)
UHG ( gave an offer )
Dish

That said these have the most competition from locals to get a job hence tougher to get too but this is true for any school anywhere anyways if you have any more specific questions let me know :)

Sid Krishna
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@SidKrishna

Can any of the current students update us with the job scenario post-MBA.

Is it true that big corporations based in Minneapolis don't even consider resumes of the foreign students? Is it "very" difficult to find job after MBA? How helpful has the career services been in helping internationals find job?

Going by this listing on post-MBA jobs, Carlson is at #20:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys,in which round did u apply?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Even I have heard the same. Has someone done more research on post mba employnent? Spoken to alumni?

@NomadMongol said:Hi, guys!What about post-mba employment? I read one article saying that big corporations based in Minneapolis even don't consider resumes of the foreign students. Is it difficult to find job after? Thanks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...