CareerForum PreCAT 09: Poll and discussion

26 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
Hi Friends, Let's discuss the preCAT 09 strategies. How we can improve our score. later on we can discuss what went wrong and post our scores here
Page 1 of 3

CHECK OUT THE SCORES OF THE NEW TOPPER PEOPLE!!!:wow:
jst wen someone was complaining about the lack of 80+ scores!
kharagpur da muda hai!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

My scores:
VA- 21
QA- 7.67
DI-9
Total -37.67

Can somebody pls explain me the solution of Q 39 nd 40,how does converting to base 7 makes problem easier?

Any idea when will we be getting those 12 take home tests?I just hope they give atleast 24 days b4 nov 19th..I asked tht dude in hyd centre..He said we can collect them next week itself.

balancedfish Says
@sheshadri n mufasa: Paper quality is fantastic..Infact, much better than TIME. TIME guys do lots of experimentation which is not needed. By "Quality" I meant quality of scores. We dont have any 80+ scores.

yup, that's true.. I can see the difference in my ranks between TIME and CF... However that does not take anything away from CF...The papers are really good... Better than TIME, and in my opinion and experience they are closer to CAT.... Anyway, good score dude....

@sheshadri n mufasa: Paper quality is fantastic..Infact, much better than TIME. TIME guys do lots of experimentation which is not needed. By "Quality" I meant quality of scores. We dont have any 80+ scores.

Mr.Fish,

I'd like to tell that,

Frenz who take SIM Cats' agree that Pre CATS r on par
with SIm's. Why do u think that quality of CF paper is poor..

Regards,
Seshadri

balancedfish Says
The quality and number of students in career forum is pathetic.

Number I agree... But why do you think that the paper quality is "pathetic"?

Firstly my scores :
QA :14.00
DI :18.66
Va: 26.66
Total : 59.33
Guys, I give AIMCATs too every sunday. The quality and number of students in career forum is pathetic. So, this doesn't help us know where exactly we stand. I feel that there would atleast be 50 60+ scores if this were a AIMCAT.
We find only one here.
I personally felt that VA was much easier and QA was very tough. When will we get out take homes?

Hi,

An all india rank under 20 for a paltry score of 43 odd seems a bit too exaggerated.

Why dont CF guys declare cutoffs,
My take on cutoffs for atleast one IIM call:
QA: 9
DI/AR: 10
VA: 21
Total: 48

What say guys??

I think the cut-offs given by them r to a large xtent apt.The paper was good esp. the DI & QA.Acc. to me a 45+ is good enough to get u a IIM call