Career opportunities in field of Mathematics

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
Hi, I'm not sure if it is the right forum to ask this question, but could not think of a better place. :: I'm a software professional with 4.5 years of exp in a large Indian IT company. Although I'm a MBA aspirant but I'm not sure if MBA ...
Page 1 of 1

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is the right forum to ask this question, but could not think of a better place.
I'm a software professional with 4.5 years of exp in a large Indian IT company. Although I'm a MBA aspirant but I'm not sure if MBA is the right career choice for me, first time wrote MBA entrance exams this season, also got couple of calls including IIFT.

I always had an extra interest in Maths, and I feel I was quite good in that till my graduation. I was not someone who was extraordinary in maths, but more important is that I loved solving math problems. Whenever I introspect about my current job, I always get a feel that I'm doing it simply bcoz I landed here and money is good in this field. But now I feel like doing something which I really love, and only mathematics comes to mind where I can really utilize my potential.

PG is such a wonderful media to share the thoughts, so want to hear from fellow puys. Is my thought process makes any sense? Is there anyway I can fulfill my wish at this stage of my career. Is there something I can do to build a decent career in field of mathematics? I don't see myself as a maths professor, but someone who is applying math concepts in corporate world (software field, finance field etc). OR is a MBA degree the right and natural progression for my career?

Thx and Regards,
Prem

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.