This blog topic is every CA students’ ‘DilkiBaat’ to crack the exams in just one go. Although cracking CA in the first attempt is difficult, it is surely not impossible. So, to help you get an idea as to what you can do to achieve this, here we are with few study tips for exams that shall help students to crack CA exams in the first attempt itself!
- Completing entire syllabus: The CA syllabus is really vast but you need to make sure that you cover the entire syllabus well within time. You may opt for some pen drive lectures or even live CA coaching to cover the syllabus. Also,you should never get away with the self study. Self-study, after all, is what matters the most & it can be a game changer for you. At Mitkary Sir’s CAPS Academy, we strive to give students ample of self-study time while completing the syllabus in time.
- Practice: Practice is the most important aspect which shall definitely help you a long way. Practice especially helps a lot for the practical subjects. Solving a good quantity of questions for each concept for subjects like Financial Reporting, SFM, DT, IDT, Strategic Cost Management will reap good results. Keep practicing and revising your theory subjects While solving the questions, mark the tricky and important ones so that they help you while revising the subjects better. Even though your CA coaching institute will make you practice, take time out to do a focused practice of the subjects you are weak in.
- Coaching vs self-study: While there are host of options available in the market for all the pen drive lectures bubbling to come up to your device,you have to choose and opt wisely.Choose the best CA coaching classes available so that you don’t regret it later. Also, you can decide between coaching and self study for subjects you are confident at. During self-study, make sure that you have good reference books in hand to just cover the entire syllabus correctly. If you have trouble in finding good books, ask the teachers of your CA coaching classes for guidance.
- Study environment: This consists of your family, friends, roommates (in case you are hostelite), library partners etc. The environment is what really matters because they shall made or break you. Beware of your environment and stay away from negative people or people who take you away from your goal. Choose a perfect place of your study, may it be your house, a library or a hostel room. Also, make sure the conditions in your study place are just correct with good hygiene, proper climate, healthy food etc.
- Revision: This is an important thing before attempting the exam. Revising is really an important element to flair well in the exam. So revise and revise and never let it go in vein. Make appropriate short note and mark all the important and difficult concepts so that you know what exactly you need to do to revise while your revision sessions.
- Test series: You have to solve papers, mock tests and test series before attempting the final exam so that mistakes you could have committed in the exams are well sorted just before exams. Join a good test series. We, at Mitkary Sir’s CAPS Academy host a test series wherein the students are guided by professionals to just help them crack the final exams in one go.
- Perseverance& Hard work: I can understand that you have to undergo 3+ months of almost quarantine, but cracking the final exam in one go is what matters. So, don’t ever stop! Even if there are some hurdles, you can definitely overcome them with your confidence and go getter attitude. Yes, hard work is the key to success. In CA exams, it definitely is.
- Managing Distractions: In this world full of distractions, we need to learn to focus. Schedule your studies well, take appropriate short breaks, listen to music in the short break, eat simple food, stay away from all the social media and negative people around you. This will seal your deal!
- Exam stress: It is quite obvious to have exam stress,but we need to get away with it. Try managing stress with few minutes of meditation, not thinking much about how the papers would be, how you shall deal with it, would aggregate be possible etc. It’s natural to be stressed out, but let it not affect your performance!
- D-Day: Yes, it’s D-Day now! So just concentrate on the papers and you shall make it.Forget all the consequences and just concentrate on just being able to pour all your knowledge in the papers.
Just remember whether you are a first attempt CA or not, it hardly matters; but what matters is your peace of mind and sanity. Good luck! Something great is awaiting…
Following are 11 useful tips to ace 11 & 12th Commerce Exams.
These tips are functional for both CBSE as well as State Board students because in the end, it all comes down to the basics.
- The primary thing required for every practical & theory subject is conceptual clarity. If your concepts are clear then you can answer any question that comes your way. To master the subjects, conceptual clarity is of utmost importance. If your concepts are clear you are already on the half way to your progress, At Mitkary Sir’s CAPS Academy, we have started 11th 12th commerce coaching just to satisfy the purpose of clearing the basics.
- The next thing on the list shall always be practice. As the saying goes, ‘Practice makes man perfect’. Same goes with students as well. If you thoroughly practice your subjects you can definitely achieve good marks. At CAPS Academy, we have regular class tests and 12th Test Series to improve your accuracy through practice.
- Clearing your doubts then & there is always advisable. Never take your doubts home and more importantly, never ever carry your doubts to the exam hall. Always have your doubts cleared in the class itself for the respective subjects so that helps you in revising or practising the subjects further.
- Connecting the subjects with real life examples. This is a ‘Brashmashtra’ that shall help you with every subject you study. No commerce subject is deprived of real life examples; you just need to find them. If you develop interest in the subject, only then can you connect it with real life & thereby develop your interest further in the subject.
- Another thing that has importance for every exam is regularity in classes. If you are regular in the class you shall be in tune with the topics completely, thereby getting the holistic approach of the subject. Also, missing classes shall hamper your interest in the subject which ultimately leads to poor scoring in the subject. We take regular attendance at our 11th 12th commerce institute.
- Self-study is the best study that you can gift yourself. When it comes to self-study, you have to be very regular and punctual so that you never miss out on anything that has been dealt with in the class. It is a highly recommended practice as it yields positive outcomes.
- Revision is the key for proper retention and for writing the answer in a perfect way in the exam. Along with effective self-study, you must revise the topics taught to help you retain the subject very well.
- While doing self-study, it is always advisable to make your own short notes. This shall work wonders for you definitely. Short notes with all the highlighters, stick notes, memory techniques, charts, important markings etc. is always a big yes for acing the exams. It tends to your visual memory and prove to be helpful in remembering the points during the exam.
- The most important thing for the exams is experiencing the exam beforehand & already committing the mistakes you tend to commit in the exams. So, the most important tool for this is enrolling for a test series. The test series shall teach you how to handle the exam pressure, completing the paper on time, having good handwriting for the paper, conveying the answers as expected by the examiner etc. We provide 12th Test Series to our students for this purpose.
- No one goes in the exam hall without preparations. Being confident in the exams is as important as thorough preparations for the exam is. So, be confident, wear that smile & hold your head high. Believe in your efforts and they shall definitely pay off.
- Finally it’s the exam day, the day to just dart all the knowledge that you have gained throughout the year so that you ace this exam. Exam days are as important as preparation days or may be even more. Some basics tips that are very small yet shall go a long way. The first thing is to have quality sleep so that you are able to produce whatever you have learnt and studied the year round. Another important thing is to have healthy & non-spicy home cooked food for good health. Lastly, be calm and composed, and have faith in God that he shall definitely mend your ways.
Mitkary Sir’s CAPS Academy is a pioneer institute in commerce coaching. Our founder & mentor CA P.H. Mitkary is the first person to start CA coaching in Nagpur & has a whopping experience of 42 years. He has taught more than 1,25,000 students till date & crafted many AIR at various levels of CA, CS and CMA exams including AIR 1, AIR 2 and AIR 3. The academy has given successive merits in XI & XII commerce both in CBSE & State Board, with full marks in subject like Accountancy and Mathematics and also 99 marks in Economics, Business Studies, Secretarial Practice, Organisation of Commerce & Info Tech. Mitkary Sir’s CAPS Academy has a devoted team of teachers who believe in bringing out the best in students through their unique teaching methods and personal attention to all students. The academy provides commerce coaching for XI, XII CBSE and State Board, CA Foundation, CA Intermediate & CA Final and also for CSEET, CS Executive & CS Professional and CMA.