Keep your scores posted fellows
Page 1 of 6

Hi,
I wrote CL4 at home and my scores are as follows:

VA: 18.67
QA: 12.67
DI: 24.67

Overall : 56

Can anyone tell me the percentiles for this score??

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Next CL mock cat is free at thane centre..is it correct? wat abt other centres?
Oh guys!!

You have answered another question that I had in my mind for some time. A person getting aound 95%ile in Mocks doesn't stand a good chance. It is still 50-50 for anybody to predict calls for him.
Only those who are in 98-99%iles can be assured of calls... which is yet depressing for me (at least as of now)

i think u r slightly mistaken here...even 98+ can't assure u of calls in actual CAT...last year a frnd of mine had 99.6 overall but NO CALLS...coz he got 85 in VA...so the only sure way of getting calls is to perform equally well (95+) in all sections....that wud automatically make ur %ile go above 99...bthen also nothg can be said for sure abt how many calls wud 1 get...so don go by the cutoffs...they don matter in CAT as such if u perform very good in all sections...jst try to give ur 100%...and 99.5%+ overall with decent in all sections is generally considered a safe platform...

and yes, there can be exceptions in ppl getting calls....but u cant question an IIM criteria...neither do v know anythg abt it....so don go by exceptions...v cant rely on them for providing calls...

P.S.- make sure u f*** d CAT b4 it f***s u...

cheers
harry

tell me about screwing up!!my scores r falling vit every paper.
its cum down to only 37 this time.i don't get it where r go wrong.probably
its the attempts,59.
i bet u i'll take them up in mock 5.

Are Hyderabad results out, these guys are taking insane number of days to upload results.

Hyd guys could u confirm

Hey guys,

Are CL Mock 4 scores and percentiles available for all cities? Have they been uploaded yet?

Anand

score isnt the only thing which decides the number of calls.... work ex etc comes into play...
and even a 98-99.5 % doesnt ensure a call... because the sample set is too small... 15k only... so in the main paper, ranks can fluctuate wildly, especially in the rarified region above 98%.

Oh guys!!

You have answered another question that I had in my mind for some time. A person getting aound 95%ile in Mocks doesn't stand a good chance. It is still 50-50 for anybody to predict calls for him.
Only those who are in 98-99%iles can be assured of calls... which is yet depressing for me (at least as of now)

The solution to Q 17 is absolute BS......laughable. For all my money my score should be 60.67 and not 59.33, would have been very comforting to have a 60+ score.
Sectional scores and Appr %iles :-
VA/RC --> 27.33 %ile = 99.3
QA --> 10.33 %ile = 94
DI --> 21.67 %ile = 92.5
Overall --> 59.33 with %ile = 99.4 and AIR 66. Feels good to have a good %ile after many "not so inspiring" performances in the TIME mocks. I really needed a confidence booster and this mock has been just that. I am pretty pleased that in VA/RC I am finally where I belong, 99.3+ which should give me some hope to get past 99.5 in CAT.
Somehow I dont yet figure in the Toppers List inspite of clearing all cutoffs but then I havent seen even a single guy from Blore in the Toppers list. Maybe they havent yet updated the Toppers List with the Blore results.......as per the current list I should be looking at a rank of around 30-35.
ATB for the next one.
Edit: I Can now see my name at the 49th place in the Toppers List.:)

Good Score Orca,

Another beating taken by me in this Mock cat....Here is the performance. Was struggling with QA and RC...anyway my overall score is 41.4. Cleared only DI cut-off.

ATB for mC-5.
i agree with everything except the + 14/15 part.. i think its somethin like + 8/10 or so..
/QUOTE]

Its again relative. 14-15 is quite fair enough for an upper limit.

I suppose we cud try and work backwards instead of starting from the cutoffs and going onto what could be a good score.

Sum of 99%ile scores of each section = 26+15+26 = 67-68 which most of the times is 99.8+. Hence 63-64 would surely net you all calls and 60 shud be 3-4 calls.

Even in CAT 2K4 sum of 99%ile scores of each section = 22+28+17 = 67. Rahul Mamman had the 67-68 and his %ile was 99.86. Hence 63-64 wud have been 5-6 calls and 60-62 atleast 3-4 calls.

Hence I wud go with 63-64 for all calls.

I agree. One should strive for 60-65 irrespective of the level of the paper, and if thats coming with 75-80 attempts a BLACKI is almost assured.