Career Launcher FLTs 2010(IIFT,FMS,SNAP,JMET)

113 Posts  ·  53 Users
About this group
This thread is dedicated to the discussions and score analysis of Career launcher FLTs.These are take home booklet tests for non CAT exams. The 2009 thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/46014-career-launcher-flts-2009-i...
Page 1 of 12
XAT flt2

LR 12 attempts 9 right score=8.4 how to select sets???????
VA 18 attempts 11 right score =9.55
quant 18 attempts 16 right score =15.5

OA 33.55 // paper was easy so not a good score for sure
In LR solved three caselets ...no decision making cases attempted.

wasted time in 1st case(5-6min) and 2nd case seemed ambigous as higher rank was not defined.

Puys is it more wise to attempt decision making rather than taking risk in cracking an lr set in which u can end up wasting time????

Some DM's are really easy to crack but some are very difficult, the comprehension might be easy but the choices are really close. How to judge and choose an Lr or DM set?????

Buddy same happened with me in FLT 2. Looking at DM sets I thought that its too long and i left the sets( Thought my accuracy in DM is laways around 90%) I made bad choice and the LR sets were time consuming except 2. So all in all I messed up in this section and so only scored 30 OA.

However, after that I again sat and solved the DM set in strict time limit, and it worked. If you want to change the strategy even now, first try those sets which you left without looking at them. If your accuracy and time are as per the expectation than you can change ur strategy.

PS: This is what I did and its my personal opinion. (We take mocks to fine tune our strategy, so go and fine tune it for tomorrow)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I will try to answer your question.
AR : Try to have a look at the type of questions,number of questions and grip of what the caselet is all about(like number of variable - 2,3 or 4 variable set)

Attempt the the kind of caselets that u are accustomed to.. If you dont find any,its better to start with attempting conventional caselets(defintely there will be a 3-variable caselet(eg:colors based))..

About DM : It depends on how ur accuracy is... See how have u performed in this section in mocks..make judgement based on that.. Yes DM takes less time and gives big ROI but you have to be careful..

My suggestion : Dont leave DM section fully..Attempt 2 to 4 caselets in AR..Dont try to attempt all.. Read all the decision making qns but attempt only which u are sure..

Hope this helps..

XAT flt2

wasted time in 1st case(5-6min) and 2nd case seemed ambigous as higher rank was not defined.

Puys is it more wise to attempt decision making rather than taking risk in cracking an lr set in which u can end up wasting time????

Some DM's are really easy to crack but some are very difficult, the comprehension might be easy but the choices are really close. How to judge and choose an Lr or DM set?????
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XAT flt2

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XAT FLT2...

AR-DM : 19C;4W : 18
V&LA; : 16C;14W : 10.5
QA-DI : 15C;3W : 14.25

Total : 42.75

VA will be my kryptonite :lookround::drinking:

All the Best for XAT! :cheerio:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just wrote the XAT FLT1...

QA-DI : 17C;1W : 16.75
V&LA; : 19C;13W : 14
AR-DM : 17C;2W : 16.5

Total : 47.25

I guess I was tempted by the VA section which resulted in such a poor accuracy :drinking:

Anyway, next up is FLT2

Happy New Year all!! :

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Happy New Year Everyone

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Took the FLT2
Found it on the tougher side than FLT1

My scores

DI + QA - 12.50(13,2)
Eng - 13.00(14,4)
LR + AR - 15.50(16,2)
===============
Total - 41.00 (43,8 ) :thumbsup:
===============

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In XAT-FLT 2 the second set in AR was ambiguous. I was unsure as to what the order of the ranks was ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Took XAT-FLT 2 last night
my result is
AR >> 10.75(12c,5w)
VA >> 9(12c,9w)
QA >> 14(14c)

OA >> 33.75(38c,14w)

found LR part bit moderate-tough while DM was on moderate side
VA part found with very gud mix of quesn and attempted more to score in 2 digits bt didnt succeed
QA found it moderate(could attempt more just gave only 35mins to it)

CAT'12 - 99.83, SJMSOM Class of 2015
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

Can u guys tell the essay topics which were there in Mock XAT by CL.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...