Career in SAP

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hello Friends, I am currently working on SAP. SAP-XI; middleware to be precise. I will be going for MBA this year. After MBA what are the options in this field i can explore. Also, how good will be the option of starting my career into new fi...
Page 1 of 1
@senbakar : Your question is too generic :). SAP XI is NOT err..SAP ERP. XI is very very technical and it is not necessary that you need a MBA to make a career in it. I guess you already know that. Frankly I dont know how helpful a MBA will be in your SAP career except getting a foothold into that door . But anyway if you like the idea of a ERP software and a bit technically oriented as well you can look at a career in project management where there is a lot of scope for innovation if you are conversant with both the business and technical aspects. Ok so you might have to convince the "usually" techie ignoramus why you think using web service to get their pricing done on demand is a great "business enabler" etc etc.

But it's challenging and fun. I dont know how helpful a MBA will be for this but the reality is without that the chances of people taking you seriously with just 2-3 yrs experience is a tad less. Usual disclaimer of Voice out of experience and is not necessarily par for the course everywhere.

Wait..did I even answer your question? 😐
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Some threads which can help you:

sap Threads - Forum Tags by Zoints

Hello Friends,

I am currently working on SAP. SAP-XI; middleware to be precise. I will be going for MBA this year. After MBA what are the options in this field i can explore. Also, how good will be the option of starting my career into new field after MBA, given that i will be having 2-3 years of experience in SAP.