career in sap????

22 Posts  ·  24 Users
About this group
hi!! can any one tell me about the scope of sap in india.....im thinkin of it as a career post mba....there are lots of institutes which promises to train and offer placements aftr course completion..... but do they really?....last time i went t...
Page 1 of 3

1. I am a commerce graduate and just completing my MBA. I am interested in a career in SAP. My interest lies in operations and logistics. Is there a SAP module which'll be beneficial and relevant for the above?

2.I am not interested in the technical aspect, as I have no technical background, but more in the analysis bit, the data useful to managers. What should be my focus wrt SAP?

3.What is the appropriate method to make a career in sap? Do a certification course or join a company and work on sap and learn along the way?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Dear all,

I am a mechanical enginneer, I started my career as a sales executive and worked for 4 years in an MNC, before resigning from the company i was the area manager in company after which i ventured into my own retail business of kids readymade garments & accessories which i had in mind for a long time, today business runs well after putting in 6years of hard work into it, and does not require much of time as the same can be handled easily by my family.

My total exp is ten years mix of sales and "retail from scratch to a fully operational outlet."

I would like to get into SAP and would like to take this as a career option. could you all pls advice me into which module should i enter, also what pre-requsite knowledge or course is needed to be done before joining a traning academy.
At present i dont have any software programming skills.

regards,
Akm.

hey hi...m interested in doing SAP HR.. planning to do it from SEIMENS@hyderabad....they have two system of study.....online learning..(with all a/v facilities) and instructor led..could any one suggest wat would be good for me..m an BBA HR ...MBA (HR) with one year exp in SATYAM

online(1.5 lacs) costs half the instructor led (3 lacs)

what are the starting packages after trainin in SAP??

Hi all,

I want to a little guidance from you all. i have done my engineering (Elec & Instrumentation) & then MBA (Majors:IT & Minor: Mkt). I dnt have any work experience. I am interested in SAP, but everywhere there is a requirement of a work-ex before entering in any domain.

i've heard that siemens has a ceritification, after completing which there can be a job prospect.considering i have no experience of SAP ,is it right to do certification directly or not.

plz reply.

Thank you

Hi,

Am planning on doing a certification from Siemens(Online) which costs about 1.6L now. Would like to know
1. Whether online certification is held on par with classroom one.
2. Is there a need of an additional post graduate qualification with this ceritification.
3. What is the kind of additional preparation required before the course.

Have completed B.Com and about 6 years total experience. Have worked on the SAP platform for around 5 years now. Am currently pursuing a distance learning MBA from ICFAI. Does this hold value and would it help with my certification.

Will help you mostly in post MBA jobs/placement. Prepare well and get in to a good instt.
Some help in course work you will get, not much in admission. Your work exp will be considered as any other.

Hi, I have been part of SAP implentation team for an automobile giant industr, from function side(core team member).Will it help me in MBA ?If yes, which stream will be best suited for me.

I have been part of SD and MM team, given business requirement for these two modules and implementaiton is almost complete. At the same time project has some relevence with APO module which is acting as a starting torqure for busiess engine.

Best part of the story is dat i have started my career (as a frehser)from this project only(which i got luckily, no past business / SAP exposure).

My total work exp is 1.5 Years.

Kindly guide me over options available for me, need suggetions from all of you.

Hi, I have been part of SAP implentation team for an automobile giant industr, from function side(core team member).Will it help me in MBA ?If yes, which stream will be best suited for me.

I have been part of SD and MM team, given business requirement for these two modules and implementaiton is almost complete. At the same time project has some relevence with APO module which is acting as a starting torqure for busiess engine.

Best part of the story is dat i have started my career (as a frehser)from this project only(which i got luckily, no past business / SAP exposure).

My total work exp is 1.5 Years.

Kindly guide me over options available for me, need suggetions from all of you.

Hi

its been 2.5 yrs now i have completed my MBA in Marketing + IT (AICTE/AIU) from a renowned institute in Delhi... adding to this I am a GNIITian, lost touch with programming completely now.

I have a total work exp of 3.5+ yrs, Recently was working for a BTL marketing consultancy now doing some freelancing stuff...

The break-up of work ex goes as under -

1. Pre MBA work ex - 1.5 years worked in a Non Banking financial Company for a collections + a tech profile.

2. Post MBA work ex -
- 1 year in Sales for an education institute.
- 1 year in Client Servicing for a BTL marketing consultancy.
- Now working as a freelancer on marketing and advertising projects

I need to explore career opportunities in terms of higher education which adds value to my current qualification. So i thought of SAP ERP

I inquired about SAP ERP SD from Siemens Delhi, cost = Rs. 3lacs, duration 2 weeks

Siemens says, that it is not as good for me as it is for a person with hardcore FMCG sales.

Questions I have -

1. Is it feasible to go for SAP according to the qualification and exp I have???
2. If Yes, then what are the chances for me to get a job after that???
3. Is it that I could only go for SD not for PeopleSoft???

I would be thankful to get advice on the above from people here.

Expecting a positive response on the same soon...

Thanks

Cheers!!!
Game

I'm an engineering fresher, can I go for SAP? Should I go for it? And which institutes in India provide quality education in this field?

In SAP there are around 12 different modules in which If you do one module thats more than enough...I dont know much abt SAP as I am a programmer in Microsoft technologies, as I told you you can search on net and get the details of the SAP certification and the institute that provides you industrial training...you have to ask them abt this. And one more thing regarding the cost...SAP Certification will cost you Rs.2.5 Lakhs approximately. There are only two licenced partners, siemens and genovate. but you can get a secondary certificate from a guy who has already taken up that exam...so the institutes(like global tech in india) will have such guys under their belt...thy'll charge you anywhere around 20 k which includes the materials that thy provide...usually plp get the SAP certification thru company sponsors becus of its cost...but you can try the above things tht i have told you...
Hope this post has help u in any way:)