Career Guidance .. please help all ya Gurus

33 Posts  ·  21 Users
About this group
Hi Guys as my subject hinted at .. i need some guidance , i have reached a point in my life when i know what i want but i dont knoe the path ... i am working here in the US of A for the past year , completed my MS and all that .. with good G...
Page 1 of 4
:thumbsup:

Hey dude...Congrats for job in JPMC..:thumbsup: but i need ur help..tho its not related to your post..I am 2010 passout from MU(B.E) and currently working in Mastek from last 1year.Can you please tell me how did you got the job in JP as ur previous work profile was completely different.Please help me..i am very much desperate to get into JP.

That post was 5 yrs earlier..check the date

I don't think he will be around here now....Any ways..Lets Hope he replies to you
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

:thumbsup:

guys need ur help......

i m an engineerfrom mumbai university's somaiya coll....work ex of 1 year 4 months in cisco networks...as a presales guy in an indian ISP.....planning 4 my MBA....dat too in finance...(obsessed with equity market from last 6-7 years.....)

now i have got a call from J P morgan chase....in equity research\invst banking..shud i change my stream i.e IT(riet now) at this point in time..or continue with this....n later opt for equity\i.banking once thru with my MBA....gurus plz help...

how much can i grow in equity or invs banking...with out any finance backgrnd.i.e before MBA..though my concepts of stock market are good.....

Hey dude...Congrats for job in JPMC..:thumbsup: but i need ur help..tho its not related to your post..I am 2010 passout from MU(B.E) and currently working in Mastek from last 1year.Can you please tell me how did you got the job in JP as ur previous work profile was completely different.Please help me..i am very much desperate to get into JP.
A proud IIFMite.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys
i m presently in 4th sem(b.tech).i wanna appear in CAT 2008(actually i m in doubt dat it will be CAT 2008 or CAT 2009) i mean i wanna appear in CAT entrance exam when i will be in 5th sem.i wanna appear just to judge my capability nd to get xperience.can i sit for that xam(wid ma originality)? is there any chance limitation in CAT? if yes ,will appearing in CAT 2008 be a loss in chance?
nd wat u think how much preperation is possible in just 6 months bcoz i think i have got only 5 or 6 months for CAT 2008.
will there be any benefit in appearing for CAT 2008? shud i make mind to give CAT 2009 WID full preperation?
1 more doubt,does marks in graduation count?

waiting 4 ur prompt rply
thnks in advance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Vignan, I also agree that it is a more of a general program with only abt 6-7 courses in pure environm mgmt and rest are regular mgmt course.
the issue is not the content but the naming of the course.reflects the govt attitude.
look at it this way..in most orgs which hire, the school visit and resume sorting etc are managed by entry level execs who are typically BA/Bcom. at that stage itself you loose out with 'environ mgmt' tag as none of k-economy co.s will look in to the profiles also.
the course name gives a aura of shopfloor/mfg orientation. further most Pvt Indian co.s are long way from thinking environment and OSHA certification unless kicked on the back by courts.
my opinion is that it puts you in to disadvantage due to the name of the course and not contents. also a new course, abt 2 years. will take time to mature and become popular in the hiring menu.
only if you strongly feel for the course and area of environmental mgmt go for it. however in initial stages you may have to struggle to match up with the other cousin courses/plcmts of NITIE.

Got it......Thanx again.....Hope Some NITIEians also throw some light into it.......
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Bizkool...Sorry about the wrong abbreviation....

PGDIM(Post Graduate Diploma In Industrial Management )...not PGPIM:neutral:

Thanx about the career scope thing. But PGDISEM(P G Diploma In Industrial Safety & Environmental Management ) environ thing is a more generalised programme right? How r the oppertunities?

Kindly reconsider your view about PGDIM and tell its credibility.....

Thank you once again......

Vignan a.k.a Pillagadu

Vignan, I also agree that it is a more of a general program with only abt 6-7 courses in pure environm mgmt and rest are regular mgmt course.
the issue is not the content but the naming of the course.reflects the govt attitude.
look at it this way..in most orgs which hire, the school visit and resume sorting etc are managed by entry level execs who are typically BA/Bcom. at that stage itself you loose out with 'environ mgmt' tag as none of k-economy co.s will look in to the profiles also.
the course name gives a aura of shopfloor/mfg orientation. further most Pvt Indian co.s are long way from thinking environment and OSHA certification unless kicked on the back by courts.
my opinion is that it puts you in to disadvantage due to the name of the course and not contents. also a new course, abt 2 years. will take time to mature and become popular in the hiring menu.
only if you strongly feel for the course and area of environmental mgmt go for it. however in initial stages you may have to struggle to match up with the other cousin courses/plcmts of NITIE.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Bizkool...Sorry about the wrong abbreviation....

PGDIM(Post Graduate Diploma In Industrial Management )...not PGPIM:neutral:

Thanx about the career scope thing. But PGDISEM(P G Diploma In Industrial Safety & Environmental Management ) environ thing is a more generalised programme right? How r the oppertunities?

Kindly reconsider your view about PGDIM and tell its credibility.....

Thank you once again......

Vignan a.k.a Pillagadu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanx Bizkool....I was more biased towards PGPIM in NITIE.....anyways, thanx for the info.

Any NITIEians out there???:yell: :lookroun:

Vignan a.k.a pillagadu

dude, your career scope gets limited. so does scope of changing the industry. most of Indian mfg co.s employ env splsts because govt and supreme court forces them to. considered a pure cost center. also career growth is not defined as the domain itself is in infancy in India.

however it is a personal decision. if you feel strongly for it or have future plans to shift base to a developed country where environmental activism is much higher, you may look in to the PGPIM course. mostly second/third listers are called for the program.
NITIE'ans will be able to tell the % of PSU recruitments/plcmts from the course esp energy giants; if that is on higher side think twice before joining.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
bizskool Says
It is a gud school by all means. being fully govt expenditures are also lesser. prefer the regular MBA. its PG prog in environ mgmt has a very narrow scope. also plcmts are gud. neway somebody from nitie can give a better view of actuals/gross packages.

Thanx Bizkool....I was more biased towards PGPIM in NITIE.....anyways, thanx for the info.

Any NITIEians out there???:yell: :lookroun:

Vignan a.k.a pillagadu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey everyone!!!

Just learned of NITIE. It is supposed to be a good choice for Techies right? Also relatively easier to join than IIM's. So are the placements as good as they show in the Magazines??:

Any NITIEians.... pls help.....

Possibilies of other schools are also helpful.....

Thanx......

It is a gud school by all means. being fully govt expenditures are also lesser. prefer the regular MBA. its PG prog in environ mgmt has a very narrow scope. also plcmts are gud. neway somebody from nitie can give a better view of actuals/gross packages.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey everyone!!!

Just learned of NITIE. It is supposed to be a good choice for Techies right? Also relatively easier to join than IIM's. So are the placements as good as they show in the Magazines??:

Any NITIEians.... pls help.....

Possibilies of other schools are also helpful.....

Thanx......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...