career guidance

11 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
hi frnds, i m in my final year b.tech bioinformatics, n cant decide upon wat shd i do after my b.tech.. i hav three options 1)takin CAT this yr(though i was preparin i m not completely into it as i havent decided) if not sucessful, takin next yr...
Page 1 of 2

Debapriya and Palak, you folks seem to have stumbled upon an old thread. Please locate the relevant thread from Career Discussions - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2008, GMAT, XAT, IIM and post your questions or redirect others who need answers.

@Mods...please close this thread.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I am a fresher...completingmy graduation this year.I got recruited in Wipro Technologies as project engineer.but i got selected in IISWBM....India first B school.my fellow mates are mostly experience holders.is joining IISWBM will be a wise deision..or Wipo was a more wise step????m bit nervous

hi im in final year of my b.tech with 69% aggregate i want to go for higher studies but my exam of final year will get finished in june 08 and i want to appear for cat-08 also,, problem i m facing is ,if i appear for it and got admmission in any college
then it will add as an gap of one year or not ? what do you suggest if yes it will add as a year gap to my career then what do you think i should do

Hi,

If you get into some good B-School then the gap wont count much. But to be on safer side join some firm where u may gain experience; it will help in case u dont get a good college after CAT'08, whether u join it or stay in job!!
http://palakmathur.in
hi im in final year of my b.tech with 69% aggregate i want to go for higher studies but my exam of final year will get finished in june 08 and i want to appear for cat-08 also,, problem i m facing is ,if i appear for it and got admmission in any college
then it will add as an gap of one year or not ? what do you suggest if yes it will add as a year gap to my career then what do you think i should do

You might think of joining some Company for an year, which would also add some value when you take on B school PIs. you still have 3 months with you to search a job for yourself.

hi all , this is venkatachalam, working in BPO COMPANY. I hve done MBA in S.V.University Finance as specialization. That too i am B,COM Graduate. I got placement through campus interview. Now i am feeling bore in the job, that too i feel there is no growth in the present company . It is like BPO. I am not using my subject knowledge, i am feeling that i may forget every thing if i continue in this job. since i am a B,COM graduate , i am good at Financial Management, accountancy, and other subjects.
Can any suggest me whether to continue in the the present job or try for some other jobs.
I have 6 months experience, will this experience fetch me anything?. is it feasible for me to try for some other jobs ? how is opportunity for MBA (FINANCE) guys
i hope someone will help me in ths regard.

DARE TO DREAM AND STRIVE TO ACHIEVE.

give more details abt type of job you are in. most b-school passout from t-3/4 schools dont get jobs of their expectations. persevere for a year before you change. 6m is too less.
your feeling that you know FM and accounts is not equal to market expectations. you will get in to entry level jobs available for BComs only, your SV univ MBA degree wont get much value.

kindly reply to my earlier request , anxiously waiting for that one.

hi all , this is venkatachalam, working in BPO COMPANY. I hve done MBA in S.V.University Finance as specialization. That too i am B,COM Graduate. I got placement through campus interview. Now i am feeling bore in the job, that too i feel there is no growth in the present company . It is like BPO. I am not using my subject knowledge, i am feeling that i may forget every thing if i continue in this job. since i am a B,COM graduate , i am good at Financial Management, accountancy, and other subjects.
Can any suggest me whether to continue in the the present job or try for some other jobs.
I have 6 months experience, will this experience fetch me anything?. is it feasible for me to try for some other jobs ? how is opportunity for MBA (FINANCE) guys
i hope someone will help me in ths regard.

DARE TO DREAM AND STRIVE TO ACHIEVE.
hi frnds, i m in my final year b.tech bioinformatics, n cant decide upon wat shd i do after my b.tech.. i hav three options
1)takin CAT this yr(though i was preparin i m not completely into it as i havent decided) if not sucessful, takin next yr with complete prep..
2)take up a job, work for 2yrs n comin back to CAT/GMAT..
3)takin IELTS to continue in my field..

u could say i can decide wher my interest lies.. but i hav in both.. wen i m workin in bioinfo i work wit full interest.. n i feel i hav tht managerial edge in me.. please help me..

Look for option 2. take a job, meanwhile prepare for CAT/GMAT. appear for MBA india/abroad after 3 years.

i shd add tht i m really not into takin up de job.. as i want to persue my higher studies.. n hav doubt whether i ll do if i take up a job..! n ll consider takin up if ther r strong reasons.. lookin forward for ur views..