Career Change From Finance to IT

3 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hello Puys ! I am an MBA in Finance (commerce background) with 2+ years of work ex in JP Morgan, Mumbai. I am however, damn pisd off with these back-end jobs in research and hence I am contemplating a change from finance to IT Consulting. ...
Page 1 of 1
@Khatru.....Why same post on two different threads??
Well, there is definitly demand for people in companies like CTS,Infy as these companies have lot of banking projects & they need people with Finance as well as IT knowledge.Oppurtunites are great but you have to know the basics of IT world to flourish.All in all it a great place to be in!!
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hello Puys !

I am an MBA in Finance (commerce background) with 2+ years of work ex in JP Morgan, Mumbai. I am however, damn pisd off with these back-end jobs in research and hence I am contemplating a change from finance to IT Consulting.

Actually I came to know about the field of IT Consulting only after seeing a couple of ads for the profile given out by Cognizant Tech Services (CTS). I just contacted few batchmates of mine and then I came to know that it is a thriving field where you meet clients, understand their needs and help developing a software or network or blah blah as per their requirements.

In other words, you would be acting as a critical link between coders/ programmers employed in your company and the company's clients and interact with both of them and get the work done.

This has interested me great deal and I really want to get into it but I dont have any IT background and I dont know how to make an entry in the field. Is IT expertise prerequisite for this field? If yes, could I do any courses to make the change possible?

Experienced guys please bombard the thread with your views.

Thanks all.
It would be very difficult to get into Hardcore IT Consulting without having any basic IT knowledge, however you can enter the company as a "Domain Expert" or a "Business Analyst" (on the basis of your Fin. knowledge) and maybe move into IT Consulting later as you pick up Tech. knowledge. Companies such as Infy. are hiring a lot of people for such roles, try to get some info on this by talking to some of your friends in the Industry.

Cheers!

Hello Puys !

I am an MBA in Finance (commerce background) with 2+ years of work ex in JP Morgan, Mumbai. I am however, damn pisd off with these back-end jobs in research and hence I am contemplating a change from finance to IT Consulting.

Actually I came to know about the field of IT Consulting only after seeing a couple of ads for the profile given out by Cognizant Tech Services (CTS). I just contacted few batchmates of mine and then I came to know that it is a thriving field where you meet clients, understand their needs and help developing a software or network or blah blah as per their requirements.

In other words, you would be acting as a critical link between coders/ programmers employed in your company and the company's clients and interact with both of them and get the work done.

This has interested me great deal and I really want to get into it but I dont have any IT background and I dont know how to make an entry in the field. Is IT expertise prerequisite for this field? If yes, could I do any courses to make the change possible?

Experienced guys please bombard the thread with your views.

Thanks all.