Career after MBA in IT industry

399 Posts  ·  342 Users
About this group
Hello Friends, I am a software professional working for a Bangalore based company. I have now about 5.5 years of experience and I am intrested in pursuing MBA. But I am not sure, how an MBA would help me in the IT industry. What kind of ...
Page 1 of 40

Hello

Which are the best colleges in india for MBA in systems/IT? TIA.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

So many IT people in here seem to be obsessed with MBA. The fact is that MBA in my honest opinion is a mere waste of two years IF you want to get back to IT. Top positions in IT go to those who are good at "political" skills, you don't necessarily have to be an MBA. Normally people who worked in IT for 5 or 6 years if they decide to go for an MBA, move into bigger and relevant sectors like Financial or Human Resources after they finish the course.

Success is how high you bounce after you hit the rock bottom.
1 comment
Fresher21
@Fresher21  ·  43 karma

Engineering degree is sufficient to rule in the IT world.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I am B. Tech + M. Tech. in Compter Science. I have 6 yrs working experience, mostly planning and implementing new IT projects in aerospace sectors, dealing with vendors, price negotiation,  integrated material management etc. I am planning for shifting my job after an executive MBA. What all the career opportunities are there after mba in it sector in India??

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
subha.khowai
@subha.khowai  ·  0 karma

Thanks Guru..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
jagjittalwar
@jagjittalwar  ·  0 karma

Checkout IIM Rohtak site...The Institute has launched ePGDM (two years) and ePGCM (one year) for the working executives having 3 years experience.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey I have done my BE in telecommunication 2013 and i have 1 year IT experience. I have currently chosen to do MBA in a tie up where i have 1 year in India n one year in USA which is optional. I am interested in working for management side of technical projects in companies like example Infy TCS etc. Kindly help me out in sorting which option i must choose as the stream like marketing or SCM or global business or any other. How is the opportunity of work if i move to US through this program. Please help me out!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have done BE in Information technology and MBA in IT Business Management. Currently working as Functional consultant in IT company. I want to know, What further studies I can pursue after MBA?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
ivyctor2010
@ivyctor2010  ·  923 karma

what are your career goals? do you see yourself in people management roles or do you wish to be more of an individual contributor.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
bhagatpallavi12
@bhagatpallavi12  ·  0 karma

Thanks for reply guys!! Yes my inclination is towards People management roles. Ex- MBA is good option. Many suggesting me for good IT certification courses too. Can you suggest me some?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I did my btech in IT and MBA in marketing and then worked with icici in sales for 1year .now I want to shift from sales field to some other marketing positions.what are the career options available industry wise preferably IT.please suggest

1 comment
swati.deshmukh
@swati.deshmukh  ·  0 karma

There are many career option that you may opt for that also depends upon your are of  interest,You could check the following careers after your MBA in IT.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ANAMIKA1310

Different roles one can expect to have after going for specialization in IT & Sytems (2 year MBA)?

Business Analyst/ Pre-sales/ Sales are the most common and popular ones in IT services firms. However, if you are looking at Software firms then you may target Product Management/ Marketing/ Sales roles.

Institute of Product Leadership
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As we are observing a shift in IT industry in India, where more and more product based technology firms are emerging, profiles like Product Management, Product Sales and Marketing, Product Architects is quite high in demand and scope is only going to increase as iSPIRT foresee software technology products as the next 100 Billion dollars market on the top of current 100 billion dollar Indian IT industry.

👍👍👍
Institute of Product Leadership
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Different roles one can expect to have after going for specialization in IT & Sytems (2 year MBA)?

Life is a lie
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to pursue MBA - Systems.

Which are the colleges offering specialization in MBA - Systems ?

And which is the top rated college for MBA - Systems ?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
isbmpunenande
@isbmpunenandeISB&M Pune  ·  367 karma

for more details log on to our website www.isbm.ac.in

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
atishchandra
@atishchandra  ·  0 karma

But @isbmpunenande - Have heard that the Marketing and HR Placements are better.. What's your take on this? Which Systems companies come for Final placements?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...