Capture the spirit of India.

3 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Howdy PGites! I came across this advertisement and thought it was pretty interesting. Thought i'd share it with everyone. It's an essay contest organized by Ministry of tourism. Some of u might have heard of it. I believe everyone should give it...
Page 1 of 1

I'm kinda surprised that nobody seems to be very interested..coz there def r many ppl at PG with good writing skills and we have a whole thread dedicated to photography also.
I think it's worth giving a try and a 500 word essay wouldn't take more than an hour..Plus the rewards r substantial enough i would say

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

the last date is just 6 days away

sibs

Howdy PGites!
I came across this advertisement and thought it was pretty interesting. Thought i'd share it with everyone. It's an essay contest organized by Ministry of tourism. Some of u might have heard of it. I believe everyone should give it a try.
Hope it is of interest.(PS: Apparently there's a similar contest for best photograph also).

Contest details

~ Subject: What Tourism Means to Me
~ The essay should not be more than 500 words.
~ First prize: Rs 1,00,000
~ Second prize: Rs 50,000
~ Third prize: Rs 25,000

Terms and conditions

~ The contest is open to anyone above 18 years of age.
~ Employees of the ministry of tourism, Government of India, are not eligible to participate.
~ Entries in Hindi or English only will be accepted.
~ Your entries should be submitted typed neatly in double space.
~ Please write your name and full contact address with email address at the end of the essay.
~ No personal receipt/ acknowledgement will be given.
~ Only one entry from an individual will be accepted.
~ Copyright of the winning entries will be remain with ministry of tourism, Government of India, and can be used for promotional purpose by the ministry of tourism.
~ Please send your entries, superscribing the envelop with ESSAY COMPETITION - What Tourism Means To Me, to the ministry of tourism, New Delhi.

~ The prize winners will be required to provide a soft copy of their essay on a floppy disk and an undertaking for the use of the materials by the ministry in whatever form.
~ The decision of the ministry of tourism will be final and binding.

Important dates

~ Please send your entries before September 12.
~ The last date for entries from the states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim,Tripura and the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is September 16.
~ The winners will be announced on September 27.
~ Please visit the Web site(http://www.incredibleindia.org/) for details of prize winners after September 27.

Address
Ministry of Tourism
Government of India
(Publicity Event and IT Division)
1 Parliament Street
Transport Bhawan
Ground floor