canadian MBA-UBC sauder/HEC montreal

16 Posts  ·  27 Users
About this group
Just needed your feedback on how the Canadian MBA's like univ of british columbia's sauder MBA and HEC montreal are?? also schools like Dalhousie/Ottwawa/simon fraser/wilfred laurier etc. my concern is after passing out as an international student...
Page 1 of 2

Hello...!! I am new here,i just wanted to know your view on HEC-Montreal MBA or any other canadian B school u suggest for my profile. 

Total Exp : Post Grad : 9 yrs hardcore sales & Mark for an MNC (Currently working as Business Development manager).

IELTS : Overall Band 7  / GRE : 293 

Post MBA i wish to work and settle in canada,your views and suggestions will be appreciated..

regards/Lokesh.

1 comment
ThePrincetonReview
@ThePrincetonReview  ·  599 karma

I would like to know your budget.A higher score needs to be targeted .A re-test is suggested. team Manya 

http://goo.gl/hpmXBk

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@MBJAY

Hi, Any reviews on the Thomson River University MBA (TRU MBA). I am planning to appy to its One year MBA course.my profileGmat: 660work ex :4 yrs IT.Will greatly appreciate your help

Hey did you go for an MBA program at TRU? I'm also interested in doing mba from there. I haven't given GMAT/GRE exam and i'm planning to take admission with only Ielts. please suggest me!

Do it Today or Regret Tomorrow !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
Any reviews on the Thomson River University MBA (TRU MBA).
I am planning to appy to its One year MBA course.
my profile
Gmat: 660
work ex :4 yrs IT.
Will greatly appreciate your help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HEC Montreal is very good in the field.

HEC MONTREAL | Gilbert Laporte, One of the World's Top Researchers - The HEC Montral professor is recognized as the most influential, according to a Taiwanese study

A lot of the world's research in Operations Research happens at HEC Montreal and Polytechnique Montreal (just across the street).

The school also holds the Canada Research Chairs in several related topics (these are very prestigious distinctions, as they select top faculties and give them $$$ to research)

- Canada Chair in Operations Management
- Canada Chair in Information Technologies
- Canada Chair in Logistics

Also, CIRRELT (Inter-University Research Centre on Corporate Networks, Logistics and Transportation) and GERAD (Group of Research in Decision Analysis)

http://www.chairs-chaires.gc.ca/program-programme/srp-prs/hec-eng.pdf

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi there guys . I have been searching for 2 year MBA program in canada ,where is could specialize in operations management in the second year. To my surprise after searching for about 50 odd universities ,i was able to find just 2 universities which have this specialization.

1. York university
-Schulich School of Business - Specializations & Graduate Diplomas
  1. HEC montreal
-HEC Montral Cours MBA

I have done my engineering degree in electrical and electronics engineering and have worked in dell computers for 2 years. I am very interested in doing my MBA in canada in operations mangement specialization .:D Even in the above to options HEC has a one year MBA only .

Its would be really helpful if some could let me know the list of universities that have an operations mangement specialization in canada . :o

Thanks a lot for your time in reading this post . Cheers .:cheers::cheers:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hay, any one can tell me the chances to get in ubs hec with low acadmics........
my profile
work ex 3.5 years
cleared cfa label1 and 2
gmat 710

graduation 72%
10+2 58%
10 42%

is there any chance in ubs hec if not than any other good colleges in Canada...

HI Manish, You said your's is a low profile 😃 😃 :)

If you see my profile..you would just laugh at me.....I am terrible compared to you

my profile
work ex 3.0 years
Extra curll - descent
gmat : 560 (worst haha)

still I applied to HEC....and I got a below reply from adcom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning,

The admissions committee has sent you a letter as of this morning. You should get it soon.

Thank you and have a great day

Frdrique
Frdrique Brunet-Maheu
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know what above means..i am rejected or selected......most probably I think its a negative....don't know..I will know once I get the letter..

REgards,
Hrishi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hay, any one can tell me the chances to get in ubs hec with low acadmics........
my profile
work ex 3.5 years
cleared cfa label1 and 2
gmat 710

graduation 72%
10+2 58%
10 42%

is there any chance in ubs hec if not than any other good colleges in Canada...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

How gud is University of Newbronswick , Saint john for MBA. Do u have any idea ? Pls do share ur idea abt that school.

Regards,
Karthika

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I think the Canadian univs emphasize undergrad GPA more than GMAT and work ex.

So for those who have low GPA's it's a place to stay away. There are US programs that may take you in with a 3.0 or less; I've heard that this is rare in canada.

I have a friend who got into NYU Stern and CMU with a 760 + 2.9 GPA last yr; he had some cool essays to his credit though. He was rejected at every place in Canada.

I said the opposite on my blog didn't I? It almost sounds like you took the contrapositive of what I said or is it the inverse? Math 224 was a long time ago...

Undergrad GPA especially if it was a long time ago, doesn't matter that much. My GPA was a lot closer to 3 than 4. My undergrad university used a 9 point scale so it is all a bit of an estimate anyway.

760 is a great GMAT score. Unofficially that would be the highest score or very very close to it in my MBA class (of the people who told me) but I know of people who got in to Sauder with below 600 too. Our class average was a bit above 600 but less than the previous years average and less than my score... The essays and letters of reference are really important.

Stern should be harder to get into than almost any school in Canada, I would think. If you have the time and the 50-100 dollars it is probably worth applying to schools. Pick a half dozen with one or two dream schools and few more realistic aspirations. There aren't quotas but schools like to have 'diversity' and good pull quotes they can put in their marketing material.

If you were on the national ping pong team, or you climbed Mount Killamanjaro, or you founded a not for profit etc. etc. Stuff like that counts and it ends up in quasi-official promotional material.

Good luck, hopefully things work out better for you than me.

Muskie
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think the Canadian univs emphasize undergrad GPA more than GMAT and work ex.

So for those who have low GPA's it's a place to stay away. There are US programs that may take you in with a 3.0 or less; I've heard that this is rare in canada.

I have a friend who got into NYU Stern and CMU with a 760 + 2.9 GPA last yr; he had some cool essays to his credit though. He was rejected at every place in Canada.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...