Canada and Simon Frazer

7 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
:: Can anybody guide me on Simon Frazer University and also which are the best colleges for MBA in canada.
Page 1 of 1

Hi Rockywilfight,

It would be great if you can please analyze my profile and provide some inputs

3 yrs in Infosys in Finance Domain;
90+ acad scores thru out;
poor extracurriculars.

I want to do a 2 yr MBA course specializing in Finance. I am planning to apply for the following colleges in canada(have selected this over US because of visa related issues). Planning to apply to the following schools in the same order.
Rotman
Schulich
Desautels
Sauder
Alberta
Degroote
Calgary
Please let me know if i am on the rite track?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
rajxawil,

Well Check out the schools website in the FAQs section . As a rule of thumb all schools in canada require 4 years post secondary education but there could be some exceptions to this rule . Do contact the univs ur interested in and get the info from the horse's mouth !

having said that most of the people i know, have done some kind of masters to complete 4 years of post secondary education before applying to North American Univs for further studies. As far i know , no such pre-requisites exists in UK or Aus ...... ATB

Best always ,
rockywilfight!

Are you aware of any universities which has these exemptions ? Any friends who have done B.Com/BBA and gone to Canada ? Thanks ! 😁
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

rajxawil,

Well Check out the schools website in the FAQs section . As a rule of thumb all schools in canada require 4 years post secondary education but there could be some exceptions to this rule . Do contact the univs ur interested in and get the info from the horse's mouth !

having said that most of the people i know, have done some kind of masters to complete 4 years of post secondary education before applying to North American Univs for further studies. As far i know , no such pre-requisites exists in UK or Aus ...... ATB

Best always ,
rockywilfight!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I've heard that most colleges in Canada require a Bachelor's degree of 4 years. So what about ppl with B.Com , BBA etc ? Are my chances completely ruled out in such universities or do they make exceptions ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks for your advice dude. Will keep what you said in mind.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anybody guide me on Simon Frazer University and also which are the best colleges for MBA in canada.

SFU is a mid level school , it has a one year program suitable for those who have substantial work experience say 5-6 yrs , having said that there isnt a ideal candidate for any MBA program at any university . Look up the university's MBA curriculum see whether its is suitable for you to meet yr career goals.

some pros: situated in Vancouver , one of better places in to live in this world

Program is affordable 30k cheaper than even some mid/top level MBA program here in India . Total Paise vasul considering u'll get an International management Vista and exposure apart from assured quality education.

Cons: 1 year program , so if your low on work ex not advicable ! Go for a 2 yr program , you'll be better placed at the end of a 2 yr program.;)

No such thing as compus placement . This is true for most of the univ in da west . Job Fair do happen in big schools

Now , Some of the best b-Schools in Canada are York Univ , Richard Ivey,McGill , HEC montreal , Rotman B-School , John Molson B-School.

Hope this helps

Cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anybody guide me on Simon Frazer University and also which are the best colleges for MBA in canada.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...