Calling Applicants To MBS 2007

82 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
Was curious to see if there are any applicants to the Melbourne Business School around.
Page 1 of 9

Hey Guys any news fm MBS on ur appli status...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey ppl,

Guys any news fm MBS on your respective status------??: ??: ??: ??:

Well this waitlist in MBS is a frustrating experience....... found this on its website....

MBS Website gyaan: -----
What is a waitlist?
We strongly believe that Melbourne MBAs learn from their peers. The experience of working in talented teams and debating issues with others from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds is a key dynamic in Melbournes MBA. For this reason, MBS looks for versatile and stimulating individuals who will contribute actively to the learning process. In addition, each intake we operate admission quotas for each country to maintain our rich international classroom experience and to ensure a high level of diversity among the students of each cohort.
If the admissions quota for a particular country is reached, we will commence operating a waitlist. If you are placed on the waitlist, your offer of a place in the MBA program for that particular intake will be conditional upon availability of places in the program according to your countrys admission quota.
Previous experience has proven that our waitlists do move fairly quickly and therefore if you are placed on a waitlist, there is still a chance you will be made an offer. However, we strongly encourage prospective students to apply as early as possible as the earlier you apply, the more likely you are to be made an offer rather than be placed on the waitlist.

Well guys.... whats your take on this...:neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Cheers and fingers crossed

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi abhi,

There is no time frame mentioned in my mail from MBS.....!
no info. as to by when they will update / contact me further..

any news fm NUS??????
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Gautam,

Well i know how it feels to b on the waitlist... have been there since Jan.... LOL!!!!... well hope we get through... wen do they say they will get in touch with u???

Regards

hi abhi,

There is no time frame mentioned in my mail from MBS.....!
no info. as to by when they will update / contact me further..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi abhi,

As of now they have not confirmed any date to respond. They have just mentioned that "On regular basis we analyze the candidates on waitlist and we will keep you informed as soon as any space is available."

By the way do you have any contact no. We are in the same boat. We can share our plans. If you have no reservations you can give your contact no on patnida@gmail.com

Keep in touch

regards.............

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi guys,

I have also applied to MBS on 21st feb for sep 2007 intake. Today morning i got a reply that I am on waiting list.
My profile is:
GMAT 620 AWA 5.0
ACADS: 3.91 out of 4.00
Work ex: 5 yrs Engineering industry.

Keep on posting your status.

regards..........

Hey,

By when do the Adcom say they will get in touch with u??? I have been given the timeframe of early march.....

Regards
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,

I have also applied to MBS on 21st feb for sep 2007 intake. Today morning i got a reply that I am on waiting list.
My profile is:
GMAT 620 AWA 5.0
ACADS: 3.91 out of 4.00
Work ex: 5 yrs Engineering industry.

Keep on posting your status.

regards..........

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Abhi,

I have just decided to do an MBA ( Better late than never ??: )

Profile -

Masters in Engineering.

3 yrs IT + Consulting Exp.

Acads OK

Extra - Very Good

GMAT - Still to write

I dont know if I am too late for anything.

Do you have any suggestions for me as I am writing GMAT this month end.

Since MBS has a deadline of 31st April I will be able to do the needful before time.

what do u thnk on this?

Rajiv

Hey Rajiv,

Well the only suggestion i can give is that u try to get as high a score as possible in GMAT....

In terms of u being late for applications - well i have applied in Dec and am still on the waitlist .... so i i feel u shud finish the stuff asap... i say this coz the adcom says that they have country specific quotas.... well on the contrary MBS has round the year applications and so even if u r late for the Sep intake i am sure u can consider the Jan intake...

Cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi abhi,

me in the same boat as u ...! hope u got what i mean to say..!:(
(got the email today only.)... so for now ..fingers crossed..!

cheers..

Hey Gautam,

Well i know how it feels to b on the waitlist... have been there since Jan.... LOL!!!!... well hope we get through... wen do they say they will get in touch with u???

Regards
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Gautam,

Any news on your MBS application dude... ????

Cheers,

Hi abhi,

me in the same boat as u ...! hope u got what i mean to say..!:(
(got the email today only.)... so for now ..fingers crossed..!

cheers..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...