calling all shipping industry folks...!!

4 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hello der.. i am doing my mba from symbiosis institute of management studies(sims) in international business... graduated in bsc, (2005) ...no work experience..and want a career in the shipping industry ( earnest!)...and maersk happens to be ...
Page 1 of 1

The test is called Wonderlic Logic and Reasoning test , it is used by many comapnies around the world .
the test basically divided into 3 tests each consiting of 12 minutes - 50 questions each . each one is similar but with some variations . its common sense and hardly rocket science , all you have to do is practise some simple aptitude papers .

there is a pychometric test as well - like you gotta mark the adjective that matches you...overall its crackable exam , not as difficult as cat etc.

followed by gd/pi which is basically simple , just make sure you tell them about ur interest in shipping.

as for me ... I have a zeal to do something on my own like build a small company of my own ... i always believe that you feel 100% satisified when you do something on you own .
be it a small trading company or a brokerage firm , the dedication is well rewarded and you feel happy that you are generating jobs for many people as well...

i dont know much about shipping...hence i need to explore if there are oppurtunities for me ...if you have any ideas do share , how are the opptunities in shipping ?

all the best
~n

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hey..

thanks for da insight...
i would be really grateful if you could also tell me how did u go preparing for it?
any insider information would be highly appreciated...

and i wonder why are you anxious into getting into maersk...dis is a life time opportunity to learn and explore the world...
money isnt everything, is it???

yours truly,

sandyhills:)

Hi there ,

I am joining Maersk as a MISE candidate soon . MISE is a good option for entry level professional to Maersk - www.mise.edu . The selection process for this session is over I guess ( not sure, please confirm it by emailing to HRD) ... As you are currently studying at Symbiosis , I suggest you ask the placement commitee about MISE programme . I know some Symbiosis alumni who have joined MISE programme right after the college .

If you want the HRD email please pvt message me .
You can ask the HRD about other entry level opurtunities as well .

Besides , have a look at the career section - Jobs and careers

Since you are an MBA in IB , I am sure there are lots of oppurtunities at Maersk.

Btw , why do you prefer shipping industry I wonder ? I myself am apprehensive about Shipping industry ... as about the prospects compared to IT and other fields ....I might start a thread about shippin industry soon.. Salary etc ... is what I am worried about :-)

Bon Voyage.
~N

hello der..

i am doing my mba from symbiosis institute of management studies(sims) in international business... graduated in bsc, (2005) ...no work experience..and want a career in the shipping industry ( earnest!)...and maersk happens to be a dream company...

really confused on..
1) what does one do to get in?

2) how does one go about it? show the way....

completely at sea...

yours truly
sandy hills:)