Calling all GMAT takers (2013) in & around Thane, Mumbai

52 Posts  ·  47 Users
About this group
Hi all, I have started my prep for GMAT, looking for a study group to keep things on track. If any other lost souls in and around Thane, please give me a buzz.
Page 1 of 6

Hi all. I am looking for Aristotle Prep Sentence Correction Grail 3rd edition soft copy. Kindly PM me if anyone has it. It would be really helpful.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

I wish to do MBA in near future for which I am preparing for GMAT. But ,I have certain questions which if answered can be very helful for me in deciding further course of action.

1. I have 22 months of work experience in IT feild. For admission in top universities across globe is it essential to have 60 months of work experience ?

2. I have already strated with my GMAT preparation on my own. However, I wish to join classes as it provide GMAT coaching+TOEFL+Post exam consulting at Rs.30000. So, in short its a ONE STOP SHOP. Is it a right decision or can there be an alternative ?

3. Many forums mentions that a good profile(i.e Recommendations from top management, National level sports, NGO etc) is preferred in top universities. I have none of the mentioned. Also, my score for Engineering is 75%(Mumbai University). How much do I need to improve on my profile ?

4. I wish to give exam in December 2014. Can I apply to all B-Schools in India and Foreign Countries ? What is the right time to apprear for GMAT.

Please answer.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi People,
Hi I am seeking for Coaching classes in Vashi or Thane for GMAT prep. Can you help me to know some of the Coaching centres whose course material and preparatory test are good to go.And my specific area for improvement is Verbal.

Thanks in Advance

5 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Below given is my story.... From 610 to 720.......has been a journey worth remembering.......employing strategies and methods, changing them, and redeploying them until you arrive at the right one for yourself. I will tell the method that worked for me......word of caution is that this strategy may not work for you so take this as a guideline and implement and adapt ur strategy.....After all Adapting is the key to survival....since Darwin..... So here it goes...... Got a real dip in confidence when I got 610.....could not study and focus for about a month.....but then I refocused myself on what to improve and how to go ahead. For Quant:- 1. Identify your bottleneck(where ur falling short in score) DS/PS, once you have done this 50% of the work is done. 2. Use about 3 preliminary tests to analyze this, for this u can use the diagnostics in OG and the 2 power prep thats what I did. 3. My weak area was DS, so I then shifted my focus to DS in Quant....always remember when ur working on DS u also have to use the other skills so they also improve....so improving the problem area leads to improvement in the already strong area. How did I focus on DS:- 1. Every day I used to solve 20 examples of DS in a timebound approach. Maintained an excel giving me the % of correct to track my improvement. 2. I also maintained an excel detailing the responses that I got wrong...so that I can know where am I faltering. 3. I also created a label for error i.e error was due to oversight, Fundamental understanding, Fatigue or any other cause. This labeling helped me pin point my reason for problem in DS. To my surprise i realized that my Understanding was strong, I just never checked the option upto C whenever i was done with A I used to set a judgement in my mind.....so for me I had to go through a thought process shift. How did I focus on Verbal:- This is the bone of contention for most.............. I adopted a similar strategy....though I needed to improve in all the areas, my weakest was Sentence correction. 1. Every day I used to solve 20 examples of SC in a timebound approach. Maintained an excel giving me the % of correct to track my improvement. 2. I also maintained an excel detailing the responses that I got wrong...so that I can know where am I faltering. 3. I also created a label for error i.e error was due to oversight, Fundamental understanding, Fatigue or any other cause. This labeling helped me pin point my reason for problem in SC. To my surprise i realized that my Fundamentals were weak. How to improve Fundamentals:- Please read this carefully...... U cannot know all the rules in english...you do not want to be William shakespeare.....So u need to focus on the rules asked in the GMAT...... How to do this is tricky, get all the OG sets 10,11,12,13 now you have a pretty exhaustive set of Sentence correction. Now when u solve a question you will get a rule, even if you get the answer correct always go ahead and see the understanding, this will help u solve the doubts in the fundamentals. Formulate an excel with the rules and the problem of SC written in the row next to it. Later when you want to understand the rules better, read and go through the problems that you have identified.... In GMAT you will never face a problem you have faced, so the focus should be on rules and these will get u through.

For RC:- Only option is read I read a lot of novels , magazines, newspaper articles to improve my understanding.

For CR:- I was just good at it, so just practiced from the OG.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Please let me know if i can be part of any study group around thane or andheri

I am a first time GMAT taken and have taken the date for July17th . Literally a newbie and any help / guidance would be helpful. I am averse to classroom coaching hence preparing on my own.

Regards
John
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Akash,

Nice to be connected! I stay in Thane as well. Planning my GMAT by May end... preparations going on... will discuss details later.

Catch up soon!
Samheeta
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I wish to appear for GMAT in August 2013 and have just started understanding about GMAT preperation after a few hours of

reading blogs here. Seems that coaching classes are not really required if one can prepare well themselves. Many have

suggested books like:

-MGMAT
-SC Bible
-Aristotle SC guide
-Powerscore CR
-Aristotle RC 99
-Kaplan 800
-OG (Offical Giudes) 10, 12 and 13
-Manhattan advanced quant guide + CR + SC Bible
-Aristotle Verbal Grail

Can someone help me where can I get these books / material from? Are these available at book stores or can I download them

online? Can anyone email pdf's of these to me at rahul.gmat@yahoo.com

Can anyone also advise on any other books / material to refer to?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi PPL,Looking GMAT Prep partners in and around hiranandani powai area, july 2013 exam date. 8+ yrs work ex. targeting only IVY league.

Please message me ...

regards

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please include me for an study group collaboration as well I am planning to crack GMAT in June/July.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys....Need Help !!!!!!

I have started GMAT and GRE Preparation from this month.Currently working,work-ex 10 months.
When is the Ideal month to take GMAT and GRE in order to take admission in 2014 ?

Kindly reply 👼

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...