Calling all CAT 2009 puys!!

1,904 Posts  ·  521 Users
About this group
:: : *This thread is started by me, so that all the puys who will be appearing for the CAT 09 can assemble and introduce themselves. With intense discussions on CAT 08 taking place in the Forum in ka zillion threads, I was surprised to fin...
Page 1 of 191
Amodh
@Amodh  ·  5,069 karma
gprasadmiraa Says
Wre do we find a proper cat thread pl do reply.

this is the thread for CAT 2009

For 2010 CAT preparation have a look at these threads

CAT 2010

And

Quant 2010
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Wre do we find a proper cat thread pl do reply.

AMREEN SHAHID Says
bt d result was goin 2 b declared on 22 jan????

The Wait Of CAT Continues and i thought we would get our results instantly
Fakhruddin Godhrawala - SIBAR Pune | Sinhgad

bt d result was goin 2 b declared on 22 jan????

Update on ongoing Computerized CAT 2009

update : results likely to be declared in 3rd week of February 2010

Awesome....now we have to wait more with this hell lot of curiosity......God knows what will happen
Update on ongoing Computerized CAT 2009

update : results likely to be declared in 3rd week of February 2010
A few days earlier IIMs had come up with the following explanation for repeated questions:
All the tests over this 11 day period were dissimilar while asking questions that test similar concepts. However, by design, the test included a few questions that were common in at most two tests. This is a standard practice followed by all tests that are offered over multiple days (including GRE, GMAT, TOEFL etc) to develop equivalence in terms of difficulty between two tests. It helps in making appropriate adjustments for varying difficulty levels thereby making the scores comparable across multiple days of testing

If a guy in latter slots get to know the Questions on which concepts are being asked.
Isn't it Unfair?
Confusion continues over CAT reexamination: IBNLive.com > Videos

In case someone missed the show at cnn ibn regarding the confusion over the eligibility for retest..it also raises the issue of CAT 2009 not being fair

A few days earlier IIMs had come up with the following explanation for repeated questions:

All the tests over this 11 day period were dissimilar while asking questions that test similar concepts. However, by design, the test included a few questions that were common in at most two tests. This is a standard practice followed by all tests that are offered over multiple days (including GRE, GMAT, TOEFL etc) to develop equivalence in terms of difficulty between two tests. It helps in making appropriate adjustments for varying difficulty levels thereby making the scores comparable across multiple days of testing.

But the thing is that in GRE and GMAT one is supposed to answer each and every question (correct me if I am wrong) but in CAT one has the luxury of leaving questions which he thinks he does not have the correct answer to, or sometimes one leaves a question as he is out of time. So what happens in case the repeated question is left unanswered by a large number of candidates in a slot? CAT and GRE, GMAT are different tests; I wonder if it's sensible to use the evaluation techniques used in GRE, GMAT in CAT as well.

Read the full report here: CAT 2009 fiasco What the IIMs have to say, Management News - By Indiaedunews.net

Animesh Raj
IIM Indore | PGP 2013-15