c/c++ or java/j2ee on linux

11 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
the xperience people please opine on: which is the more promising career and why?(for freshers) c/c++ or java/j2ee?(on linux/win)
Page 1 of 2
well my company has developed a CAD/CAM software and we do upgrading in it according to the clients need.
It is written in java(java3D,core..) and also uses some opensource softwares which are based on c/c+(opencascade,...).
My job profile is not so "hi-fi" but since i'm a fresher , i'm trying my best to make a strong base for my career.that's it.
Best of luck
cheers

Great place to be in especially for a fresher.Loads of stuff to learn.Initially you wont get much exposure but if you proof yourself to seniors in the limted oppurunity you get, you can go places pal.
Great field to work in.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

well my company has developed a CAD/CAM software and we do upgrading in it according to the clients need.
It is written in java(java3D,core..) and also uses some opensource softwares which are based on c/c+(opencascade,...).
My job profile is not so "hi-fi" but since i'm a fresher , i'm trying my best to make a strong base for my career.that's it.
Best of luck
cheers

whats your job profile & could u share in whcih company & the kind of work!!

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

thnx rmbt for the reply.
i 've chosen java as u truly said taht almost every company have requirement in it and hence more opytions available.
cheers

actually my querry is after c &c;++,which one has the more bright bprospect,java or .net.

Both are parallel fields with lot of bright prospect.It depends on your intrest. Java is a bit more in demand but also,JAVA/J2EE are very vast.It totally depends on your intrest.Also, lot depends in which the company works & has requirment!!

Hello Puys !

I am an MBA in Finance (commerce background) with 2+ years of work ex in JP Morgan, Mumbai. I am however, damn pisd off with these back-end jobs in research and hence I am contemplating a change from finance to IT Consulting.

Actually I came to know about the field of IT Consulting only after seeing a couple of ads for the profile given out by Cognizant Tech Services (CTS). I just contacted few batchmates of mine and then I came to know that it is a thriving field where you meet clients, understand their needs and help developing a software or network or blah blah as per their requirements.

In other words, you would be acting as a critical link between coders/ programmers employed in your company and the company's clients and interact with both of them and get the work done.

This has interested me great deal and I really want to get into it but I dont have any IT background and I dont know how to make an entry in the field. Is IT expertise prerequisite for this field? If yes, could I do any courses to make the change possible?

Experienced guys please bombard the thread with your views.

Thanks all.

monupmit Says
the xperience people please opine on: which is the more promising career and why?(for freshers) c/c++ or java/j2ee?(on linux/win)

actually my querry is after c &c;++,which one has the more bright bprospect,java or .net.

With C/C++ u can work in companies like SUBEX, BOSCH, CERNER...Not ever company has openings fo r it...If they do have then you should know Unix as well.
Java/J2EE is in total demand.Almost every company has requirment in this field.But it very vast & unlike C++ little tough.Depending upon the company you get into u can go for the one u like more.

rmbt Says
Pal, bothg have there pros & cons but i dont think that freshers are allowed to choose on which technology they want to work.Also, depends on your intrest!!

ya,u r right that freshers don't get 2 choose much.But in my case i've the option b/w these 2.
moreover 4 intrest ,i like both.
monupmit Says

Pal, bothg have there pros & cons but i dont think that freshers are allowed to choose on which technology they want to work.Also, depends on your intrest!!