BW - Global MBA Programs Rankings 2007

4 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, I happened to come across the BusinessWeek website and see this years Global MBA programs rankings. Heres the link (Click the Full time MBA Tab in the list): Business School Rankings and Profiles: EMBA, Executive Education, MBA,...
Page 1 of 1

Nothing much to discuss much here. Is it? Just another example of how unreal the rankings by the "prestigious" business magazines can be. And its in the wrong section anyway. Definitely not a thread for Chit-Chat.

Thread Locked
~Nikhil

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi Puys,

N.B: BusinessWeek is considered one of the most reputed Global Business Magazine and its B School rankings are taken very seriously in the USA.

Heres the complete Asian List:

Asia Programs
- CEIBS (China Europe International Business School)
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology
- International University of Japan
- Nanyang Technological University
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- National University of Singapore
- Sasin Graduate Institute of Business and Administration (Chulalongkorn University)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Yonsei University

N.B: IIM A is usually there every yr, dont know why they missd them this yr...Also IIT MBA programs are a global name now, ( Businessweek has ranked it)..this is unlike the Indian Business magazines where they dont even take IIT's into consideration for rankings....

Views welcome :)

So, by this ranking, NMIMS stands at number 6 in Asia??
By perception based PG Rankings, It isn't even in the top ten in India.
I agree with Bizschool, I can't think of any other reason. Is there any single criteria in which NM can beat IIMA or ISB (except location advantage, it can't be such a big diff to push IIMA out of the top 10)
Hi Puys,

I happened to come across the BusinessWeek website and see this years Global MBA programs rankings. Heres the link (Click the Full time MBA Tab in the list):

Business School Rankings and Profiles: EMBA, Executive Education, MBA, Part-time MBA, Distance MBA

N.B: BusinessWeek is considered one of the most reputed Global Business Magazine and its B School rankings are taken very seriously in the USA.

They have a separate Asian MBA Programs rankings also, Three Indian B-Schools are ranked in Asian Top 10 - IIM B, IIT B (SJMSOM) and Narsee Monjee 😃 ...IIM A missed out this yr?

Asia Programs
CEIBS (China Europe International Business School)
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Technology
International University of Japan
Nanyang Technological University
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
National University of Singapore
Sasin Graduate Institute of Business and Administration (Chulalongkorn University)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Yonsei University

N.B: IIM A is usually there every yr, dont know why they missd them this yr...Also IIT MBA programs are a global name now, ( Businessweek has ranked it)..this is unlike the Indian Business magazines where they dont even take IIT's into consideration for rankings....

Views welcome :)

I guess they have send questionnnaires to select schools, whoever responded got covered. Probably IIMA didnt responded to questionnaire or field audit. Typically they send a team of few academics, journos etc for field audit--non cooperation with them to provide info/data leads to missing ranking.

All IIM staff (support/clerical) are typical govt staff with attitude (my personal exp)and follow the govt hours unless specified otherwise by HRD min.
Also IIMs dont target non Indian/foreign audience aka ISB as their fee and other charges are capped by min of HRD. Hence not much incentive for participating in BW surveys.

Hi Puys,

I happened to come across the BusinessWeek website and see this years Global MBA programs rankings. Heres the link (Click the Full time MBA Tab in the list):

Business School Rankings and Profiles: EMBA, Executive Education, MBA, Part-time MBA, Distance MBA

They have a separate Asian MBA Programs rankings also, Three Indian B-Schools are ranked in Asian Top 10 - IIM B, IIT B (SJMSOM) and Narsee Monjee 😃 ...IIM A missed out this yr?

Asia Programs
CEIBS (China Europe International Business School)
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Technology
International University of Japan
Nanyang Technological University
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
National University of Singapore
Sasin Graduate Institute of Business and Administration (Chulalongkorn University)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Yonsei University

Views welcome 😃