Breaking Employment Bond

39 Posts  ·  33 Users
About this group
Hey puys, I work for Indias top IT company which has a two year bond period ....am sure most of u mite have guessed the company by now :satisfie: . The problem arises coz I want to leave the company and I am falling short by one and a ha...
Page 1 of 4

Hi,i'm rohit. i have an employment bond with my employer which states that i need to sign a bond for 1+2 yrs (training 1 yr). incase i break the bond, i need to pay x amount. this amount reduces as the time i stay with them increases.
if i quit within 2 months then i need to pay 100% of x
if i quit within 6 months i need to pay 95% of x
if i quit within 24 months after the commencement of training, then i need to pay 30% of x
does this mean that if i quit after 24 months then i need not pay any amount?
please reply as the bond amount is very high and i signed it without taking advice.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hello all,
i m working in a chemical fertilizers company which is a sub group of an MNC.
i have a bond of 3 yrs and it is a double sided bond, kinda agreement between me n the company.

As all b-skools require work experience certificate and i will be joining any bskool in my second yr of bond period i wont be able to give them that certificate.
kindly, help me wat shud i do. is it necessary to give experience certificate or just pay slips can suffice them.

Wat bot big bskools, do they agree on jst showing payslips.

Hey harsh,

As far as my knowledge goes most of the B-schools don't need a perticular experiance letter from employer, ur pay slips and ur joining and confirmation letter will do the job and that too to show as a proff in summer/final placements to prospective employer. The only trouble that may arise is to make the prospective employer understand ur rational behind leaving ur job without completing the bond's formality? and i think most of when will be convinced if you have justifiable explantion.

cheers..:nono:

hello all,
i m working in a chemical fertilizers company which is a sub group of an MNC.
i have a bond of 3 yrs and it is a double sided bond, kinda agreement between me n the company.

As all b-skools require work experience certificate and i will be joining any bskool in my second yr of bond period i wont be able to give them that certificate.
kindly, help me wat shud i do. is it necessary to give experience certificate or just pay slips can suffice them.

Wat bot big bskools, do they agree on jst showing payslips.

Hi supreemo86.

My classmate left Tech Mahindra w/o paying the bond amount. He served for a period of 22 months. As per his advice try to negotiate with the HR team with the help of you manager who may help you bring down the severance amount.

I personally have paid a bond amount to leave my previous organization. My personal advice would be to pay off a reasonable well negotiated severance amount and get rid of your job.

All the Best!!!

Thanx a lot for the info. I didn't kno it was possible to negotiate the bond amount. I thought it was fixed, as i had signed the bond on a stamp paper at the time of joining.

Btw, didn't Tech mahindra force ur friend to pay up the bond? Did dey send him a notice?

Is ur frnd on Pagalguy or Orkut? If yes then i can directly and ask him the queries...

Hi supreemo86.

My classmate left Tech Mahindra w/o paying the bond amount. He served for a period of 22 months. As per his advice try to negotiate with the HR team with the help of you manager who may help you bring down the severance amount.

I personally have paid a bond amount to leave my previous organization. My personal advice would be to pay off a reasonable well negotiated severance amount and get rid of your job.

All the Best!!!

Thanx for the reply...yes i have already gone thru the complete thread and hv posted these queries only after doing so.

My only apprehension is dat if i dont pay the bond money and den get markd as absconding in the company records, is there a chance of this having an effect on my future jobs?

Also do u (or sum1 else) kno wat Tech mahindra in particular does about ppl who dont pay the bond?
1 like
Hii there..

See generally as far as my knowledge goes these IT companies do sign a bond but no one wants to waste time on these matter as this is a general understanding that if someone wants to go then keeping him forceibly won't be much productive in any sence..however the actual responce differs from company to company and so i will ask to to have look at persons who have done so in past..but i am almost sure that an notice would definately be sent over to you as this is quite natural..
Also you may have many other apprihensions and query so i would ask to to go though this thread from starting as i contains very good and elaborate replies...
Hope i was helpful...

Thanx for the reply...yes i have already gone thru the complete thread and hv posted these queries only after doing so.

My only apprehension is dat if i dont pay the bond money and den get markd as absconding in the company records, is there a chance of this having an effect on my future jobs?

Also do u (or sum1 else) kno wat Tech mahindra in particular does about ppl who dont pay the bond?
Hi guyz,
M working in Tech Mahindra since the last 5 months (joined in July). At the time of joining, i had signed a bond worth Rs 1 lac wid them for a period of 2 yrs.

However, now I m working in a project in which i have absolutely no interest watsover, and the company isn't allowing me to shift ovr to a new project. Moreover, my job leaves me wid absolutely no time to prepare for further studies, so m thinking of resigning.

I feel it wud b foolish to pay 1 lac for an xperience lettr of 5 months. But at the same time, m afraid that running away (absconding) without a formal resignation and widout paying the bond may affect my future jobs.
What do u guyz think, are my fears justified?

Also, does ne1 know if Tech Mahindra forces its employees to pay up the bond or not?

Also while signing the bond, my Uncle had signed as Gurranter since the company said they want sum1 other den the parents to b da gurranter. So if i leave the company without paying, will da notice b sent to me only or to the Gurranter(my Uncle) as well? I m asking this coz i dont want ne1 else to b bothered bcoz of sumthin dat i do.

Guyz ne advice wud b vry useful ...

Hii there..

See generally as far as my knowledge goes these IT companies do sign a bond but no one wants to waste time on these matter as this is a general understanding that if someone wants to go then keeping him forceibly won't be much productive in any sence..however the actual responce differs from company to company and so i will ask to to have look at persons who have done so in past..but i am almost sure that an notice would definately be sent over to you as this is quite natural..
Also you may have many other apprihensions and query so i would ask to to go though this thread from starting as i contains very good and elaborate replies...
Hope i was helpful...

Hi guyz,
M working in Tech Mahindra since the last 5 months (joined in July). At the time of joining, i had signed a bond worth Rs 1 lac wid them for a period of 2 yrs.

However, now I m working in a project in which i have absolutely no interest watsover, and the company isn't allowing me to shift ovr to a new project. Moreover, my job leaves me wid absolutely no time to prepare for further studies, so m thinking of resigning.

I feel it wud b foolish to pay 1 lac for an xperience lettr of 5 months. But at the same time, m afraid that running away (absconding) without a formal resignation and widout paying the bond may affect my future jobs.
What do u guyz think, are my fears justified?

Also, does ne1 know if Tech Mahindra forces its employees to pay up the bond or not?

Also while signing the bond, my Uncle had signed as Gurranter since the company said they want sum1 other den the parents to b da gurranter. So if i leave the company without paying, will da notice b sent to me only or to the Gurranter(my Uncle) as well? I m asking this coz i dont want ne1 else to b bothered bcoz of sumthin dat i do.

Guyz ne advice wud b vry useful ...

Hi,

I joined a top MNC (name starts n ends with C) in 2007. The bond period is 2 years(upto 2009).I signed a bond - 2 years for 1 lakh.
I wanna leave this com. , right now.
i don want any pf,exp. letter,....

do i need to pay anything to the com.?
do i need to inform the HR before leaving ?

Any advice is very much appreciated...

IT SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi,

I joined a top MNC (name starts n ends with C) in 2007. The bond period is 2 years(upto 2009).I signed a bond - 2 years for 1 lakh.
I wanna leave this com. , right now.
i don want any pf,exp. letter,....

do i need to pay anything to the com.?
do i need to inform the HR before leaving ?

Any advice is very much appreciated...

IT SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX