Boston University 2012 fall applicants

203 Posts  ·  42 Users
About this group
Hi, I could not find any threads for the BU 2012 fall applicants. If there is one already someone please pass me the link. Has anyone applied in the R1 deadline? :: :
Page 1 of 21

@ abxy

Sorry for the late response. Yes I have an interview on 19th Mar.

How about you? Got a call yet?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@sy_mba i applied on 7th jan. Still waiting for the interview call. what about you??
Shrey
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ abxy

Did you submit the application to BU for round 3? Did you get an interview invite

Thanks,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ abxy

Did you submit the application to BU for round 3? Did you get an interview invite

Thanks,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone,

congratulations to all of you on making it to the Boston. I also want to apply in R3. I need your suggestions. Here is my brief profile :

GMAT - 720
Work ex - 2.5 years (till date)
Sector - Infrastructure (Energy/power) sector.

What are your views? Shall I go ahead and apply in R3? What are my chances? and if selected what are my chances of getting schol? Thank you.
Shrey
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
"documentation you prepare (attested certificates)"
May I know what documentation you are taking about ? Please shed some light

I prepared a statement of funds listing out from where my funds were coming and how i plan to use them over the next two years. If you dig internet i'm sure you'll get some templates. There is a similar site to pagalguy for MS students. I dont recollect its name (it starts with E). Applicants had shared some cool info there and also many templates that help you through VISA process.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Your I-20 would subtract your schol from fee. So if you have 50% schol, you need to show only the other 50% funds. But in the documentation you prepare (attested certificates) you need to mention that 50% of funding is through school sponsored schol. You only need to pay the remainder amount after schol.
As far as maintainiing GPA you have to work terribly hard to get a low GPA and drop schol. It is hard to get low GPA :)

"documentation you prepare (attested certificates)"
May I know what documentation you are taking about ? Please shed some light
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
do we need to show expenses for first year including tuition fee even if we have schol ??
i ask coz i have heard some schools require you to pay the tuition fee despite offering scholarship and then return the amount if you manage to maintain the required GPA.
also does anybody know how difficult it is to maintain the GPA for scholarship ??

Your I-20 would subtract your schol from fee. So if you have 50% schol, you need to show only the other 50% funds. But in the documentation you prepare (attested certificates) you need to mention that 50% of funding is through school sponsored schol. You only need to pay the remainder amount after schol.
As far as maintainiing GPA you have to work terribly hard to get a low GPA and drop schol. It is hard to get low GPA 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

do we need to show expenses for first year including tuition fee even if we have schol ??
i ask coz i have heard some schools require you to pay the tuition fee despite offering scholarship and then return the amount if you manage to maintain the required GPA.
also does anybody know how difficult it is to maintain the GPA for scholarship ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

joined the group doboformba.thanks for creating.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...