Boston College : Interviews & Admits

186 Posts  ·  55 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I have applied to the Boston College - Carroll School of Management in R1. Got interviewed yesterday in Mumbai... Interview went well and had a very good discussion... Let me know if any of you have applied and are awaiting resu...
Page 1 of 19

Hi All,

I have got a Virtual Interview call for full-time MBA at Boston College.

The answers would be recorded online and the adcom would review it later.

Profile-
GRE: 323

Work Ex: 4 years 4 months in IT (2 big MNC's)

Acads: Silver Medal from IIT

Are there any inputs on this way of interviewing candidates?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, I am a second year MBA student at Boston College. A quick note of advice to you guys, the placements are real bad at the school this year so I would definitely advice that you guys have a re-look at things before making final decision. I notice that most of you guys are looking at changing careers, even for non career changers the placement was horrible this year and the career services office here is no good as well.

I just wanted to post this quick note. Good luck to all of you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Is there a thread for Carroll school for fall-2012?

Thanks,
Bharath

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Was a lurker since some time now. Finally decided to post!

Admitted to the Full-time MBA program at Boston College (Carroll), Fall 2011 entry, with 17K scholarship + a small GA. Was interviewed last month by a second-year MBA student.

Brief profile
GMAT: 700
Work Ex: 3 years in marketing management, including international experience
Acads: Average (Bachelor's + Master's in Commerce/First Class)
TOEFL iBT: 116

Looking forward to meeting fellow batchmates this fall! Good luck to those applying for 2012!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey rekg,

Well I am not too sure why you are waitlisted atleast your profile overall looks good(GMAT is a concern but its not bad), but I should tell you that with the rankings and reputation for BC improving, I learnt that the application volume is increasing. It may also be because of limited seat availability at this round. I will be glad to answer any more queries.

g20nik,

About the computer evaluation for MSF, I have never heard of BC do it probably that is something new introduced. I would still suggest do not take it lightly it may be a pre-screening work for admission considering high volume of applications.

All of you please feel free to contact me or you can send me a PM if its something personal. Trust me I really bugged the hell out of my seniors and I will be glad to help you guys.

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am a round 1 applicant. I have been waitlisted without an interview since the last week of december. I am yet to hear from them. I have an admit from the Uni of Pittsburgh Katz. I need to pay my initial deposit next month. I dont know whether to pay up or wait for BC. Can anyone post on their admit and scholarship details?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Hey i got a an interview call i.e. "Virtual Interview call" from Carroll MSF . i.e. My answers would be recorded online by computer and the admissions group would review it later.

Set of 10 questions 3 minutes per answer.

Any inputs on this way of interviewing, IS IT A SOFT WAY TO SAY "NO" or do they really take these candidates like me seriously.

On the other hand i got calls from

1) Rutgers MQF (Fees :100K $ 😞 No schol)
2) Rutgers FSRM (Introduced this year itself)
3) Simon School of Business, Rochester (10K $ Schol)

So any inputs on which one should be considered the best bet. Although the placements are still very low for MSF students.

Regards
Nik

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,
I applied in round 2 as well and got waitlisted without an interview. I've sent a WES eval report with an increment in my GPA. should i also send additional recommendation letters too ??

waiting to hear from you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey BCFYNBA,

I have applied for Round 2... I am an Indian female and I live in Portland, Oregon
GMAT : 650
Experience: 6.5 years IT ( 4 and half years in the US)
Good recos...and ok ECs
Acads: 80%

They waitlisted me before even taking the interview...

I have sent 2 more letters of recommendation from my client and my ex manager....
Any other ways I can improve my candidacy...?? I cannot retake GMAT now...as I am swamped with work now..

ANy inputs are appreciated,,,,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys,

I am a first year MBA student from Boston College. Please feel free to write to me if you have any queries on school or housing or visa procedures. Also you may forward my contact details to any friends who may be considering BC.

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...