BITS Pilani MBA 2020-22 Admissions – PaGaLGuY

690 Posts  ·  984 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on BITS Pilani MBA 2020-22 Admission and Get all the details about MBA interview, Fees, Cut Off, Campus, Placements and much more.

Apply Now – https://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/uploads/Pilani_Upload/Department_of_Management/BITS-Pilani-MBA-Admission-Advertisement.pdf

Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani was established in 1964 and is considered to be one of the best private technological University in India. There are three campuses of the Institute- BITS Pilani Goa Campus, BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus, BITS Pilani Dubai campus.

The Institute is accredited Grade A by NAAC and it is also one of the few universities in India that follows “No Reservation Policy” for admission process. The Institute offers Graduation, Post-Graduation and Doctorate programmes and has good faculties with good subject specializations.

• Name of the Program:  MBA

• Duration: 2-years

• Mode of Education: Full-time residential

• Acceptable Test: CAT/ XAT/ GMAT

Eligibility criteria

• The candidates should have a degree in B.E. / B.Tech. in engineering disciplines or they should have a master’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university or any Integrated First Degree of BITS Pilani are eligible to apply for the course

• Also, the candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in qualifying degree.

• The students who are in the final year of their Qualifying Degree program are also eligible to apply, but they need to submit the original copies of their results till 1st October 2020

Admission Process

• The candidates will have to fill up the online application form by visiting the Institute’s website

• The candidates should also have appeared for CAT (2019/ XAT (2020)/ GMAT (2020) along with group discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT). However, candidates with experience will be given priority.

• They should complete the application process by 17th February 2020

Placement details:

• Highest package: 15.96 LPA

• Average Package: 9.77 LPA

• Median Package: 9 LPA

Page 1 of 69

Is the hostel same for MBA and BTech students? Is room sharing done only between MBA students or students are paired with other specialzations too?

2 comments
Dhanveer_chhabra

@Nerdy_007 Yes the hostels are same, for guys there are single sharing rooms and for girls initially it was double sharing but many opted for single sharing after first semester. Usually the room sharing is done with MBA only for girls but a few were paired with M.Tech girls also in the first semester.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Nerdy_007
@Nerdy_007  ·  2 karma

Okay. And mattresses etc are provided in hostels or one needs to purchase? Also, are there any shops nearby for pillows, and other requirements?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have deposited my fee but how could I check my status on my dashboard?

1 comment
Nerdy_007
@Nerdy_007  ·  2 karma

You will see a box for receipt. Keep a copy of that with you which is having a QR code. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What all facilities are provided in hostels? Like laundry etc. Also, are we allowed to keep iron/induction/kettle/heaters during winters since it goes to zero degrees?

2 likes2 comments
Dhanveer_chhabra

@Nerdy_007 we have local dhobis and a bits venture for laundry. Also, we are not allowed to keep irons, induction etc

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Nerdy_007
@Nerdy_007  ·  2 karma

Thanks for replying @Dhanveer_chhabra

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What was the minimum salary offered in last 2 years? Some bschools have a lower baseline... like some dont allow companies below 5 or 6 lpa to come for the placement process.....does bits have something like that?

5 likes1 comment
Dhanveer_chhabra

@Alpa12 BITS does not have a baseline such that but the lowest package offered in my knowledge was 6 LPA

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the approximate fee for the last semester, ie Practice School semester?

1 like6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
Dhanveer_chhabra

@danishirfan27 there would be semester fee as practice school is part of your 4th semester, there won't be hostel and mess fee, other fees would be there.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
danishirfan27
@danishirfan27  ·  47 karma

@Dhanveer_chhabra Apologies for the wrong information in the above comment I had the wrong perception

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have some questions regarding fees structure. 1) what amount I have to pay in 2nd installment? 2) Whatever hostel and mess fees showing is a total amount or it is just advance fees and do we need to pay more after joining?

2 comments
Dhanveer_chhabra

@mayursonawane

1. It would have been mentioned in the portal where you login in the instruction sheet

2. It’s the total amount, other advances are those advances which you would be spending in institute on credit basis You can just show your Id and purchase from canteens, mess etc So that amount is calculated at the end of the year and the amount is deducted from these advances, the remaining balance is cleared at the end of semester.

mayursonawane
@mayursonawane  ·  1 karma

@Dhanveer_chhabra thank you!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can some one please tell me the companies coming  for Marketing / Finance role ? 

1 like1 comment
Bhumika_Ajmera
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which one is better?

BITS Pilani MBA
DSM DTU
Poll check
1 like41 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Is it true that most of the placements have been in the sub-10LPA region? (for the last batch). Is it possible to know how many students were placed during the placement season (3rd sem) and that very few actually convert the practice school to a PPO?

2 comments
devrishabhjain
@devrishabhjainBITS Pilani  ·  18 karma

@karti_kaushik 1) True 2)Approx-60% (3rd sem) 3)Can't comment on this till june end.

karti_kaushik
@karti_kaushik  ·  73 karma

@devrishabhjain Thank you

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Whats the typical day of an MBA student like (pre-COVID times)? 

1 like1 comment
devrishabhjain
@devrishabhjainBITS Pilani  ·  18 karma

@anonymousguy12321 You have classes (8-5), case-studies, projects, assignments, presentations to do. Various activities academic/non academic. Certifications, guest lectures, quizes, sports, club activities.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...