BITS Pilani MBA 2019-21 Admissions – PaGaLGuY

490 Posts  ·  617 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on BITS Pilani MBA 2019 Admission and Get all the details about BITS Pilani MBA interview, BITS Pilani Fees, BITS Pilani Cut Off, BITS Pilani Campus, BITS Pilani Placements and much more

Page 1 of 49

Hello Adcom Regarding the refund, it has been mentioned in the mail sent for first admission list candidates that "if a candidate withdraws before 10th june 2019, full fee will be refunded (minus Rs 1000)". However no information is provided about the refund rules if a person withdraws between 10/06/19 and 30/07/19 i.e. the date of joining. Throw some light on the issue.

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Sailor_beta
@Sailor_beta  ·  0 karma

It's been a week and yet there's no answer from the Adcom. Please get an answer from the AO ASAP. @rajat_BITSMBA

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Jasmine19
@Jasmine19BITS Pilani  ·  177 karma

Hi @Sailor_beta as we are occupied with the internship,it is taking time for us to revert back to you. By the time we can confirm on the information that you have asked for,kindly mail your query to mba.admissions@pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in for further guidance on the same.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

For joining the Converts WhatsApp group message your Conversion Screenshot at 9760392277. 

Thank you!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello sir, I converted bits pilani in iteration 2 and paid the fees today. But I didn't received any mail even in spam for my iteration 2 conversation. Although I have paid the fees and received the fee reciept, is there anything else I need to do as I am not recieving the official mail.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Sir, I tried paying the fee through online payment twice. The money returned to my account both times. When I went to ICICI Bank to pay by Chalan, they said they cannot process any amount more than 2 lakhs. Please help

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Shriratan
@ShriratanBITS Pilani  ·  131 karma

For joining the Converts WhatsApp group message me your Conversion screenshot at 9760392277. Thank you

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rajeev_iimc09
@rajeev_iimc09  ·  0 karma

I am also facing the problem with ICICI bank challan. Bank official says that more than 2 lakh is not acceptable. But challan is for Rs 217825/- Is there any technical guidance for ICICI bank official, so that she is able to do it though ICICI FINACLE?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I converted in the first merit list and paid the 1st installment fee on 15 may. Now I have a better offer and I have mailed for withdrawal of admission. Hope the refund is processed at the earliest. Will need that fund ASAP. 

Admin I have not received any aknowledgement for the mail I sent.

Prashanth
4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
Prashanthxyz012
@Prashanthxyz012  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Prashanthxyz012
@Prashanthxyz012  ·  0 karma

@Jasmine19 it's been almost a month after I requested for refund. Need the amount to pay fee at IIM kashipur. Please help. I sent mails to admnoc and the other id. Useless replies coming back

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello I am intested in product companies in IT, do they shortlist people from MBA for Practice School?

1 comment
Jasmine19
@Jasmine19BITS Pilani  ·  177 karma

Practice School workstation is alloted to everyone according to their GPA and profile/interests.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Sir, Is it possible to know the wait list status after declaration of iteration 2 results? Kindly suggest.

s_b
1 comment
PSHEKHAR123
@PSHEKHAR123  ·  2 karma

+1

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For joining the Converts WhatsApp group message me your Conversion screenshot at 9760392277. Thank you

1 comment
Sandeep_Kumar7
@Sandeep_Kumar7  ·  2 karma

Sir, I got selected in the second iteration. I will be paying the fee through chalan. Do I need to send anything through post after paying the fee for confirmation of seat??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Xth 9.4 GPA CBSE ( 89.3% as per CBSE conversion formula, 9.4*9.5)

XIIth 88% CBSE

Manufacturing Engineering. I have an year back and there`s still one course pending which I will be doing next Summer term i.e. 2020 Summer Term.

I have a GPA of 5.1 pre PS 2. I expect to reach somewhere around 5.7 or 5.8 at best.

Work Ex = 0

I have a few queries. I am putting them here in points. 

1. What all Top B-Schools should I be targeting for with this academic background abroad ?

2. I did some research on admission criteria of top B - Schools in India. I found these pointers. I also discussed the same a IIM Shillong student. He seemed to disagree with these. Can anyone here verify if these criteria are followed strictly ? 

a.  As per IIM Calcutta Shortlisting criteria, Out of 50, I get 20 points for X and XII marks and I have control over 28 points (CAT SCORE) I lose 2 points for Gender Diversity.

and as per Admission Critieria I have control over 44 points (CAT , PI , WAT)

https://www.iimcal.ac.in/programs/pgp/admission/admission-policy/admission-procedure-for-domestic-candidates 

This seemed like something I could achieve.

But as per an IIM Shillong student IIM C does give weightage to B.E grades. His background was 90+ % in X and XII CBSE (Full 20 points)  ,B. Tech from VIT with 8+ CGPA and 99.4 percentile. He said he wasn`t even shortlisted.

b.  FMS does not give any weightage to my btech CGPA.  https://www.mbauniverse.com/articles/fms-delhi-admission 

c. XLRI gives only 5% for Academic Performance.

Bitsians , Please give an elaborate answer. 

I researched about admission criteria for some top b schools in India. 

I will be putting the same here in pointers. 

https://www.collegedekho.com/articles/xlri-selection-process-xat-cutoff-requirements-gd-and-pi/ 

Regards

Zeb9, Manufacturing Engineering Bits Pilani ( Hyderabad Campus )
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The result was published last night.

2 comments
PSHEKHAR123
@PSHEKHAR123  ·  2 karma

Converted?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
arruunn
@arruunn  ·  30 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·