Call: 9742477771 for Admission guidance in Bishop Cotton Boys/ Girls School Bangalore
About Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
153 years of excellence! Bishop Cotton Boys’ School had its genesis within the vision of Bishop George Lynch Cotton of Calcutta. His idea was to line up schools to teach European and Eurasian children of limited means. the thought received support from the Viceroy, Lord Canning. the varsity in Bangalore became a reality within the hands of Rev. Samuel Thomas Pettigrew, Chaplain of St. Mark’s Church. Bishop Cotton School opened its doors during a humble house on High Grounds on the 19th of April, 1865, with Mr. G. Reynolds as its first Headmaster.
The school moved to its present location in 1871. this premises at St. Mark’s Road within the heart of Bangalore was acquired in 1871 on credit from one Mr. Puttman for the sum of Rs. 47,500/-. It took four years to settle the account!