Biggest technological achievement in the past century

22 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Was using google the other day on my laptop..For what else ? Diggin up some old PG thread of couse :wink: :wink: Was watching 'Dog Fights' on History channel at the same time and wishing how great it would have been had I got to fly those awes...
Page 1 of 3

I was sitting in my room and then went outside for some work.

I am back in, and directly loggedin to this thread, to realize AIR-CONDITIONER is one of d biggest achievement.We realize it more once we are out in scoarching heat.
Hats off to its inventor

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Some of the biggest technological achievements:

1) ATMs: have made banking more flexible.
2) Remote Control: The answer to a lazy man's prayer
3) Refrigerator: People don't usually consider it as one of the biggest technological achievements. But comes summertime..... the story changes.
The microchip...:satisfie:
Here is another perspective on this. Most inventions are born out of a certain need. Indeed "necessity is the mother of invention". So, going by that, the World War II was the greatest driver of technology on all fronts (medicinal, physics, chemistry, electronics, avionics etc., etc.,).

To me the greatest invention is "communication" in its various forms. Mobile telephony and internet are among the greatest and have truly made the world a small place.

agree totally on the WW II part.....personally i think the atom bomb was the biggest technological step (calling it an achievement is debatable)...altered the course of the planet totally......
Amat Victoria Curam

Here is another perspective on this. Most inventions are born out of a certain need. Indeed "necessity is the mother of invention". So, going by that, the World War II was the greatest driver of technology on all fronts (medicinal, physics, chemistry, electronics, avionics etc., etc.,).

To me the greatest invention is "communication" in its various forms. Mobile telephony and internet are among the greatest and have truly made the world a small place.

i guess behind every invention lies

a COMMODE ..

so its the greatest technological invention

on a serious note... abacus as from there eve computers originated

Ok can we have a discussion on
The biggest technological development(not invention) is required in Our Country-INDIA at this point of time...

Pls pour in ur thoughts..

i hope it not irrelevant to this thread..

~cheers

When was electricity discoivered/invented btw..
That surely unleashed everything.. Guess it was 1600s

Conversion of electrical to mechanical energy would be another..

Last century.. its the transistor surely..

~Nitin

I would go for the transistor myself..this event had a huge impact on life..and allowed sites like PG to open in the long run..:biggrin:

Its the Transister semiconductor diode by bardeen,brattain,shockley..in 1950s..this is the mother of all IT develpments..truely a turning point in the tech history