bhel interview call getters for st and et 2010

16 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
:: *congratulations to all the bhel interview call getters .....* post ur interview details and experience ......... when & where is ur interview- ur roll no- no of questions attempted in written-:cheers: ur take on the interview - an...
Page 1 of 2

@above cn u tell whtz the actual weightage of interview in whole process.. n we herd seats smetime increase then wht given in adv. which cn reduce calling ratio of 1:3.. is this so this year..ny idea thn plz share

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Wow, I really didnt know people discuss BHEL interviews also here. By the ways, i am an Engineer at BHEL/Haridwar. Joined july 2008. All the best to u fellows and hope to see u soon (The ones who happen to join haridwar)

PGP Class of 2013 IIM Ahmedabad

Hi,
Does anybody know when will be the SAIL MT exam results declared which is conducted on 12th Dec, 2010 ?
Aditya

Anybody has an idea when the results for the final selections will be out?

Hi Congratulations All,

Its very apt to reply to this post, as am working as an Engineer in BHEL Bangalore. Got selected in BHEL as an ET in Feb 2008. Now let me share my experience

Attended my Interview at Chennai on 27th Dec 2007...

It was my 2nd interview of my career. I was already doing a job vth one of the 3 Big IT Companies. The interview was very simple and extremely brief.
Started with tell about yourself. Then they asked about BHEL's product profile, which to my utter naiveness, i didn' know at that point of time. I only knew that BHEL make thyristors ('cuz I've seen BHEL thyristors during my VT at Bhilai Steel Plant), then they asked me to explain the working of a Thyristor or SCR, which I, quite, adeptly explained them, then they asked me 'bout few OP-AMP configurations (voltage follower ckts. as I remember), mind you guys you can't bluff an BHEL engineer(Its an Engineer's paradise) and almost all of the guys on the Interview panel are Engineers ('cuz thats the only entry route in2 BHEL). Then asked me about my posting preferences, if am comfortable with anywhere posting in India, to which I said yes. Then asked me 'bout their Int'l Operations'('cuz that was my 1st preference of posting), to which I said whatever you guys manufacture in India, you sell it in the Global markets. That was all. No further questions and I bid me a merry goodbye.

P.S. Have a thorough understanding of BHEL product profile, its business areas and presence in countries. Be flexible in area of posting.

I would be really glad to welcome you all to BHEL family. Hope this post helps you all
get me at

Best of Luck to you all!

Ayan Banerjee
Engineer, BHEL , Bangalore.

Hi All,

Wishing you good luck again for the coming interviews.

Just wanted to share few things regarding BHEL product profile which might help you during interview.

BHEL is the one of India's largest Engineering Enterprise providing Complete Power plant solutions not only in India but across the globe. It has 14 manufacturing units spread across India, 4 Regional Power Sectors and 8
Regional offices. Its business is categorised into 3 major areas Power Sector, Industry Sector and International Operations. It manufactures majorly BTG in subcritical(250 MW and 500MW) and Supercritical(660MW and 800MW)i.e. Boiler (Steam generators) - Turbine - Generators and control systems for BTG. Its current market share is approx. 2/3rd in Indian heavy electrical manufacturing sector. The other major players in this region are L&T;, Areva, Alsthom, ABB, GE, Honeywell Automation, Yokogawa, Shanghai Electric etc. Its current order book is more than Rs. 1,00,000 Crore.

I suppose this information would suffice for the interview. Any other queries regarding this is welcumed.

GoodLuck.

Regards,
Ayan.

Plz anybody tell me about expected cutoff in the exam?

Jatin kaushik
hi congratulations all,

can u throw some light how the interview dates a re given
is it random or on merit basis

my interview et delhi lalit hotel 14 nov
general category
mechanical
heard last year the panel had MR R.K.JAIN
THE GREAT RK JAIN

Hi Congratulations All,

:cheers: thanks for ur informative feedback .
will be pleased if u could some of problems
of fellow puys.........
Hi Congratulations All,

Its very apt to reply to this post, as am working as an Engineer in BHEL Bangalore. Got selected in BHEL as an ET in Feb 2008. Now let me share my experience

Attended my Interview at Chennai on 27th Dec 2007...

It was my 2nd interview of my career. I was already doing a job vth one of the 3 Big IT Companies. The interview was very simple and extremely brief.
Started with tell about yourself. Then they asked about BHEL's product profile, which to my utter naiveness, i didn' know at that point of time. I only knew that BHEL make thyristors ('cuz I've seen BHEL thyristors during my VT at Bhilai Steel Plant), then they asked me to explain the working of a Thyristor or SCR, which I, quite, adeptly explained them, then they asked me 'bout few OP-AMP configurations (voltage follower ckts. as I remember), mind you guys you can't bluff an BHEL engineer(Its an Engineer's paradise) and almost all of the guys on the Interview panel are Engineers ('cuz thats the only entry route in2 BHEL). Then asked me about my posting preferences, if am comfortable with anywhere posting in India, to which I said yes. Then asked me 'bout their Int'l Operations'('cuz that was my 1st preference of posting), to which I said whatever you guys manufacture in India, you sell it in the Global markets. That was all. No further questions and I bid me a merry goodbye.

P.S. Have a thorough understanding of BHEL product profile, its business areas and presence in countries. Be flexible in area of posting.

I would be really glad to welcome you all to BHEL family. Any further queries can be routed to me, my e-mail ID is................. Hope this post helps you all

Best of Luck to you all!

Ayan Banerjee
Engineer, BHEL , Bangalore.

Its really good that you are helping all puys with your experience but please remove your email id from the post because it is against pg rules and moderators would not like this.
Again , want to thank you for your wonderful post.
Jatin kaushik