Beware of the Agents !

20 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
I am starting this thread not to harm the reputation of anybody in person nor any Institute. But I am these days bewildered to see that many advertisments in various shapes like ovals, rectangle, circular have started coming up in the newspapers p...
Page 1 of 2

Those with more than 96%ile shud try to get into iimb, just let ur need talk. But dont try iimc if u have anything less than 98. But there are high-cost opportunities in obc category.
Dont get fooled by agents. No way r u going to get an admit if u have got less than these.
Doubting thomasses might doubt but I have nothing to gain. Just wanted to alert u to the possibilty of being cheated.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
vits
@vits  ·  1,590 karma

its great to see this thread...

even i have heard a lot of similar issues but its still too hard for me to believe...

it would be great if more puys share their personal experience (like ankith_koolace has done) and what the actual process is like...

i also believe that mentioning the name of the institute without having concrete proof might be obnoxious...coz it might lead to unnecessary defamation of the image of a B-School...

To Bhai log phir se chalu ho gaye,

i created a similar thread the name of that thread was a bit obscene i geuss that was admn thru back door and management quota and that was locked by mods but nevertheless this thread is runing well and fine.

Now coming back to the topic that it is 100% sure that these things does in almost all the b skools of our country and it is a hard fact and every body has to accept it but on a small scale say 10% to 20% of total intake of the college.

One major factor is that u get to the right person if you dont they you might find ur slef as "na ghar ka na ghat ka"

you pick up a copy of news paper be it be toi or hindustan or ht or dainik jagran u will find loads of ads saying confirm admn, admn gaurantee in pune, mh, bangalore , etc, no donation , just service charges in advtg column generally page 2 of newspaper.

one factor to note here is that many students of the b schools are involved in it ( it is ture for b skools out of top 50 ) not in any major the other factor to note here is that the more agents are involved the more will be the input cost ( similar to product from company to dealer to whole saler to retailer to consumer)

But it is the student who is ultimate as 2 hours cannot decide all the inherent ablities in a person from birth to become a successful marketer as everything in this world is all about marketing

"Jo lambi race ka ghora goga wahi jeetaga"

snap-lots of irregularities in written exam...last year they released results in morn blocked it then again released in evening...in between scores of some ppl plummeted from 100 to 70....even in gdpi stage they ask whats ur capacity of paying(this i have heard from frenz..may or may not be true)...

Hi,
Great thread. Very much needed. All I would like to add here at this point is that IT does happen. And it happens for the top 10 colleges too. The numbers may be very small, but this is the hard truth : there is a backdoor entry possible.
Let us see how this discussion goes, and I would gradually add my experience here too. Have seen enough in the last 10 years to write a book. Will follow this thread closely.

Amit

hi

5 yrs into the job no one will ask u from IIM or JB or well how u perform will matter...

ravneet

Atta boy....very true mate...its quality that speaks...after all ur employer is burning his pockets when he is paying u...

regards
hi

dont say omg...

buddy the OMG was coz he is saying he got into one of the IIMs with this approach.

hi

dont say omg... there are few college who will call all the people who hav applied for their college... i dont wanna name... good colleges in mumbai do that.. no need of agents for them...

for me i always talk interms of EVA... how many years it will take to breakeven with that... tag is good but at end of the day.. its only u whom u are cheating... 5 yrs into the job no one will ask u from IIM or JB or well how u perform will matter...

ravneet

Hey I got through the interview selection process through an agent only. And guess what, I am in one of the top 3 IIMs. Its highly competitive but suits people like me who havent come to secure placement. I took this up only for that TAG. I have my Dad's business to run anyway.
Last time I talked about all this people though I am fake.

hmmm,
When I saw this first, I was like "Oh my God!".... But I dont not think what you say is true dude...Of course people will not believe you... It's just a statement that you have given, without any proof...And all that thing about it being ok with you coz you are not looking at placaements just sounds like crap!

i dont know abt the advt in papers but i got a call yesterday from a guy from pune saying tht i should send my students in IMS / TIME to him for backdoor entry and in return he will give me 50k per student...

Aha! Sounds an intersting proposition! :wink:

Well, this is the power of PG. Lets c how the drama unfolds over the next few days to come when people chip in their experiences!

CATrevenge, so.. how does this thing work? Did he mention on any guarantee that he can give about getting a candidate admitted to a particular B-school once u send a student to him? If yes, how would he go about carrying the task? Obviously, any B-school authorities must be involved, rito!?