Better for MBA--BTech in Electrical or Mechanical?

12 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
I wish to take up *MBA* after B.Tech. Which branch in my UG studies will be *better* in that respect-*Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering *? I would like suggestions especially from people who have done B.Tech + MBA and others as w...
Page 1 of 2
Rafan Says
Dude, if you are wholeheartedly interested in finance and management, then don't go for engineering at all. Take my word. Just enter B.com. in one of the top most degree colleges in your area and prepare for CAT. I myself did engineering in EEE and tell you, neither EEE nor mechanical is easy compared to other branches of engineering. Particularly EEE, so boring and dry with some subjects. By doing B.com., you would save a year and also enter your field of interest direct and clean. If you are genuinely interested in the line of finance, your engineering degree will be rendered useless, almost.

+1.

I, as a third year MechE student will second that. If I had cleared DU's BBS, i would have saved a couple of years in graduating from college, and would have actually had a lot more fun during those three years.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hmm...in that case, I would say Mechanical. Being a mechanical engineer will give you an edge if you decide to do MBA in Operations. No such advantage in case with electrical.

I am equally interested in both mechanical and electrical..!i have keen interest in certain areas of both mech and elec.
I am much interested in finance and management..
Taking for granted that I AM going to take MBA after UG, kindly tell me which stream in BTech would be of greater advantage?
Which stream is more inclined to be coupled with MBA?

Dude, if you are wholeheartedly interested in finance and management, then don't go for engineering at all. Take my word. Just enter B.com. in one of the top most degree colleges in your area and prepare for CAT. I myself did engineering in EEE and tell you, neither EEE nor mechanical is easy compared to other branches of engineering. Particularly EEE, so boring and dry with some subjects. By doing B.com., you would save a year and also enter your field of interest direct and clean. If you are genuinely interested in the line of finance, your engineering degree will be rendered useless, almost.

I am equally interested in both mechanical and electrical..!i have keen interest in certain areas of both mech and elec.
I am much interested in finance and management..
Taking for granted that I AM going to take MBA after UG, kindly tell me which stream in BTech would be of greater advantage?
Which stream is more inclined to be coupled with MBA?

Sorry dude, no idea about analysts.

Arastoic Says
I think you should take up the job. You are anyway not interested in 'electrical-engg.-jobs'. It is anytime better to get some work-ex before doing MBA.

Thanks for the reply, Arastoic. Do you have any idea about Analysts? As much as I know till now, it is a bit of a multitasking job like account verification, research analysis and even HTML skills are required. It comes under Application programming and maintenance work area. I mean is it definitely better than BPOs? Others can throw in their views too. Thanks.

dude... get into ur field of interest and then think aage ki...
i wanted 2 do ms when i joined by BTECH in IT.. now i m die hard mba aspirant ...ur likes and interests may change in 4 years.....all u should do is... search which is better suited according to ur liked....

Good thread. I think this thread suits me more. I am an electrical engineering graduate aiming for MBA. I have two queries.

1.Can I straight away go to MBA without work experience? I mean how would be the prospects once I finish the course?

2.I have an offer with Deloitte as an entry level Analyst. The work is no way related to what I studied in Engineering, it is more related to research, taxation and auditing. So, which job would serve me better in 5 years time? This one or some other job which is related to my study area i.e, electrical engineering? Frankly, I am not that interested in my area of study, I want to excel in the field of finance and management. Should I continue with my field or there won't be a huge problem even if I switch right into MBA or MBA related work? Please guide me. It would be of great help. I must send my approval/rejection of offer within 3 days to Deloitte.

I think you should take up the job. You are anyway not interested in 'electrical-engg.-jobs'. It is anytime better to get some work-ex before doing MBA.

MBA in electrical wat does tat mean. ???? i didn t understand

Good thread. I think this thread suits me more. I am an electrical engineering graduate aiming for MBA. I have two queries.

1.Can I straight away go to MBA without work experience? I mean how would be the prospects once I finish the course?

2.I have an offer with Deloitte as an entry level Analyst. The work is no way related to what I studied in Engineering, it is more related to research, taxation and auditing. So, which job would serve me better in 5 years time? This one or some other job which is related to my study area i.e, electrical engineering? Frankly, I am not that interested in my area of study, I want to excel in the field of finance and management. Should I continue with my field or there won't be a huge problem even if I switch right into MBA or MBA related work? Please guide me. It would be of great help. I must send my approval/rejection of offer within 3 days to Deloitte.