Beta testing new[er] PG :)

124 Posts  ·  46 Users
About this group
Hello puys and the minority who doesn't like the new version yet :mg: we launched a new version of PG 6 months ago with some major new features. it is tough to imagine PG now without mentions and notifications but they were introduced ...
Page 1 of 13

Why do you need a consolidated list of colleges? There are 2k+ MBA colleges and no one cares about knowing all their names. Its like peeking into one of the DTE brochures and finding names of colleges you never cared about or will care about once you close the brochure

Command like a king, work like a slave.
8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
deepu
@deepuAdminPGHQ  ·  41,288 karma

Hey! Although Last year's XAT cutoff was 72, cutoff varies depending on the pool of candidates applying for the college. So you should fill the form and keep your option open.

Application deadline: 04th February. All the best!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
deepu
@deepuAdminPGHQ  ·  41,288 karma

Hey! Although Last year's XAT cutoff was 72, cutoff varies depending on the pool of candidates applying for the college. So you should fill the form and keep your option open.

Application deadline: 04th February. All the best!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@ayushnasa said:
Umm...dis works even now Click on the college badge of any senior. You are directed to a page with everyone having the badge.For eg : http://www.pagalguy.com/badges/jbims
Yes but no consolidated list of colleges in one place ... which @deepu sie has cleared is present in newer PG... thanks :)
Senior Product Manager || Lenskart.com || XLRI Business Management || 2013 - 2015 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@dhruvwali said:
@pagalguy@Apurv@deepuA request .Is it possible to add a section in the newer PG where each B-school is listed. When you click on the school's name it shows the names and links of profiles of all Puys who have that B-Schools badge added to their profiles.This way we can interact with the alum/students of that college directly during our college selection dilemmas and take first hand feedbacks..Whatsay?
the newer version has a list of bschool badges. clicking on each badge shows students from that bschool.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@dhruvwali said:
@pagalguy@Apurv@deepuA request .Is it possible to add a section in the newer PG where each B-school is listed. When you click on the school's name it shows the names and links of profiles of all Puys who have that B-Schools badge added to their profiles.This way we can interact with the alum/students of that college directly during our college selection dilemmas and take first hand feedbacks..Whatsay?
clicking on a school's badge will take you to all the people who studied in that school and in the newer version which will mostly be launched next week we have a page to browse through a list of all bschool bages.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@dhruvwali said:
Umm...dis works even now :|
Click on the college badge of any senior. You are directed to a page with everyone having the badge.
For eg : http://www.pagalguy.com/badges/jbims
XLRI || Business Management | 2013 - 2015 || Senior Executive Member - External Linkages (ExLink) || Senior Executive Member - E-Cell || Setting goals is easy. What counts is the ability to follow the dreams till they become your reality
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@pagalguy @Apurv @deepu A request .

Is it possible to add a section in the newer PG where each B-school is listed. When you click on the school's name it shows the names and links of profiles of all Puys who have that B-Schools badge added to their profiles.

This way we can interact with the alum/students of that college directly during our college selection dilemmas and take first hand feedbacks..

Whatsay?
Senior Product Manager || Lenskart.com || XLRI Business Management || 2013 - 2015 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A little feedback for new PG :-

1. Smoother , faster, cleaner.
2. In forums , my subscribed threads tab is not visible
3. Messages not sorted by update time (Appearing in random fashion)
4. FB like appearance will have to get used to... not sure whether I like it .. need a few more weeks with it to comment further
5. Drop down box for forums is cool
6. Birthadays tab, finally 😃 Nice touch!
7. Blue text a bit too light for plain white background... maybe a little darker would be better (IMO)
8. In forums when a person posts a new post, it mentions that xxxx person posted in _____ and doesnt mention the thread name... #bug

Will update more as I experience it more :
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@mayankleo_1 said:
much cleaner version for sure..BTW, in the profile section, I could not find the option to edit the signature and also the 'About Me' section..
That option is there when you go to your own profile page, not in the EDIT PROFILE Section.

@pagalguy Sir, are we going to have the option of editing ABOUT ME and SIGNATURE in the EDIT PROFILE section too?
Airports Authority Of India.|| I do not forget, I do not forgive.|| देहान्ते परमं स्थानं यत सुरैरपि दुर्लभं प्राप्नोति पुरूषो नित्यं महामाया प्रसादतः ||
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@mayankleo_1 said:
much cleaner version for sure..BTW, in the profile section, I could not find the option to edit the signature and also the 'About Me' section..
Will be fixed before launch :)
Command like a king, work like a slave.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

much cleaner version for sure.. :)

BTW, in the profile section, I could not find the option to edit the signature and also the 'About Me' section..
Mayank Goel JBIMS (2010-12)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...