Best Route-map to various B-Schools

4 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Hi all, I am a guy from Chennai and last month I had to attend a interview at SPJ, mumbai. I am a sort of guy who is preparing alone and dont have any friends to double up for any travel related issues, so my only mate for CAT prep was PG.com. I...
Page 1 of 1
Good thread! Interesting!

For example how would I reach IIMB from Cantonement Station? Do I just ask the auto or taxi walla to take me IIMB or ask for Bannerghatta road or????

Go out and take the prepaid auto. Should cost you around a 100.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Good thread! Interesting!

For example how would I reach IIMB from Cantonement Station? Do I just ask the auto or taxi walla to take me IIMB or ask for Bannerghatta road or????

Hi all,
I am a guy from Chennai and last month I had to attend a interview at SPJ, mumbai. I am a sort of guy who is preparing alone and dont have any friends to double up for any travel related issues, so my only mate for CAT prep was PG.com. I went by the address given in SPJ official website but that was not helpful to reach the insti. I could not find anything specific to a routemap in this website so decided to start a thread. Now that the CAT results are out and ppl have to travel to different B-schools physically, thought a thread where the best route for every top B-school might help.
Here goes my experience and my advise (specific for those going to SPJain, mumbai)
My interview was scheduled on 3rd December and those of you from Chennai will remember that dreaded day when the previous day, it rained so badly that most of the roads were very bad and even call taxi guys refused to pick us up to the airport (I had chosen to fly directly to mumbai from chennai,Infact the airport lounge was floating in water).
Anyways, I reached mumbai at 7:30 and headed straight to the place where a cop will be getting a taxi (heard from somebody that u could trust them) for you. I told him "SPJain jaana hai" (Forgot to tellyou, I dont speak Hindi well :huh: ). HE called some taxi wala and asked me to get inside. The driver asked me where to go and I said the same and he said "pooch lenge" (didnt know what the hell that meant, later discovered t
Hope my experience is useful to others who will be visiting this insti in the future. Mumbaikars can cuss and validate me...:)
Bye

Lol that was funny .. no offence to you dude .. good thread to start...i can imagine myself to be in your position if i have to go to BIM Trichy for a interview ... anyways good thing you reached .. Junta can post the routes to the institutes in their cities and also the mode of transport best suited and approximate cost .. so that no one gets duped ...including accomdation details and this can be a very resourceful thread
cheers
Hi all,
I am a guy from Chennai and last month I had to attend a interview at SPJ, mumbai. I am a sort of guy who is preparing alone and dont have any friends to double up for any travel related issues, so my only mate for CAT prep was PG.com. I went by the address given in SPJ official website but that was not helpful to reach the insti. I could not find anything specific to a routemap in this website so decided to start a thread. Now that the CAT results are out and ppl have to travel to different B-schools physically, thought a thread where the best route for every top B-school might help.
Here goes my experience and my advise (specific for those going to SPJain, mumbai)

My interview was scheduled on 3rd December and those of you from Chennai will remember that dreaded day when the previous day, it rained so badly that most of the roads were very bad and even call taxi guys refused to pick us up to the airport (I had chosen to fly directly to mumbai from chennai,Infact the airport lounge was floating in water).
Anyways, I reached mumbai at 7:30 and headed straight to the place where a cop will be getting a taxi (heard from somebody that u could trust them) for you. I told him "SPJain jaana hai" (Forgot to tellyou, I dont speak Hindi well :huh: ). HE called some taxi wala and asked me to get inside. The driver asked me where to go and I said the same and he said "pooch lenge" (didnt know what the hell that meant, later discovered that he also dint know) .Btw, when I was in my flight, I was dreaming that when I land in mumbai and tell the ppl that I have come for SPJ, everyone will be amazed that I have anything to do with such a great institute and happily guide me to the insti.... But for the next one hour, me and my beloved taxi driver asked almost every soul that was walking in the roads how to go to the insti and not a single person knew about SPJain !!!! Very bad on a interview day.
Finally, one gentleman (whom I strongly suspect him to be GOD himself, who wud come to my rescue) said, "there is some college called Bhavan's college, u better try there". We went there and to my excitement, SPJain was there !!!! Was so pissed off at the whole experience that I didnt tell any of the SPJ students

So here is my advise, SPJain web site will tell you that their address is "Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road". If you are thinking that you will use that address, u better need to have loads of luck with you. Because, there is this place called "Vile Parle" and there is a "Dadabhai road" in this place and mostly ppl remember only this place.
So, in case you are in the airport, always ask for "Bhavan's college", which is in "J.P.Road" (to hell with "Dadabhai road"). Most of the ppl know this place and will take u there. Once you are inside, you will notice that SPJ is one tiny little insti inside this.

Hope my experience is useful to others who will be visiting this insti in the future. Mumbaikars can cuss and validate me...:)

Bye