Best place (India or Abroad) to get the MBA in current situation (World economic turmoil)

13 Posts  ·  14 Users
About this group
Hello, I have around 8 years exp. in IT, 3 years in India and 5 years in USA. Now I feel that I need MBA to climb up the corporate ladder. Here is my investigation summary: MBA from Aboard: Pros: Great lifestyle, Bank hours (9AM - 6PM) lif...
Page 1 of 2

If you can keep a good collateral, there is no limit for the education loan and the maximum loan amount sanctioned would be 80-85% and sometimes 100% ( that is when you have a good amount of scholarship) of your tution fees.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[595593:seekinguidance] IMO, You should choose a program in the country where you want to work. The pros and cons you mentioned don't really make much sense to me, probably they do to you.
America - Virtually endless opportunities (true even today), better lifestyle
India - Home

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ cpokli : I think we digressing here. Here topic is MBA in India or Abroad for current economic scenario. Could you give your 2 cents ?

@ mnemonicsn: I agree. In today's times we have to sugarcoat everything. So, If i were you where would you do your MBA in current economic turmoil and why ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ @[595593:seekinguidance]

Its good to express your thoughts but in realty people are more often looking for good options may it can be in India or Abroad. And its not about the countries Pros & Cons
Its only you that can identify the thing and if you are happy with that work goes on and if not then your unwanted thoughts goes on.

mnemoniceducation.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[595593:seekinguidance] oh yeah they should have, especially before spreading news like Lehman selling "Ninja" bond (The ones you wouldn't find once you buy them). Lehman were the most inncoent chaps on the street.. right?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[210055:cpokli] : News channels told that LB investments were high risk and high returns...They should have talked to you before spreading the news.... :)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Low risk and high reward? hah.. that's what Lehman Brothers thought existed and look where they are now 😁

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ Arun
Thanks for the feedback......I think I am not wired to any specific country and open to the world. However, I am confused where to go in terms of low risk and high reward. What would be your 2 cents on this.

@Bharath :

Nice scenarios except comparisons of oranges to apples. I don't think that Investment banker will have relaxed schedule anywhere in the world. However, if we considered guys with same qualifications in India and in abroad then work/family balanced is more balanced outside India. This is from my personal exp. (worked in India for 3 years and US 5 years ).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Emotional attitude is good but one has to be practical here. Life can be hell anywhere if it is India or abroad if you are away from your family members, no native language(India also has different language in different states), no food according to your taste. In short if your lifestyle does not match the environment you are living in.

One needs to broaden his/her thinking here.. for e.g. if your commute time is too long then rent a place near your office that will save lot of your time. This is just one e.g. there are so many other which are required to opt for. Every situation has a solution if it is dealt with calm and cool mind.

Again if you love your job or you are worth for your company then also your time management skills plays a great role because there are so many other things apart from your work like your Family members, your passion. All you need to do is manage them according to your priorities.

Now the main objective should not be missed here " From where to do MBA". You need to plan it by Yourself. Look for your Budget first, study hard, check out the list of colleges from where you want to do MBA, try contacting people who have done MBA from those colleges and find their views, in case you opt for study loan then calculate the approx time required to finish the loan etc etc....

Solution lies within yourself all what is required is little efforts and "where there is a will there is a way."

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

First of all, you need to learn to think clearly. You mixed up too many things and then wrongly concluded something not inline with the thread header.

It is irritating to find people spending 4-5 years in a clean country and then find India like hell, where almost 20 years were spent. Yes, our parents are staying in hell ... but that is our HOME.

Who say Indian work like mad and rest of the world work like 9-5. It all depends on you and your percieved value in company. If you love your work, you will never look at time on the otherside, you dare not leave at 4pm if your company does not think you are worth.

You need to identify your primary objective or else, whatever you do will never make you happy.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...